2020 Type R - Honda sight - disable

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Right!
I've got many false alarms, and now I've noticed the brake feel difference.
Theres this bridge I have to cross under some times, and every winter, when the road is wet, it brakes very abruptly, and like many of you said, it just leaves you prone to get rear ended!
Tomorrow I’ll try to see if there’s a difference in brake feel after turning off CMBS.

By the way, I am a Liverpool supporter and very appreciative of your fellow countryman, Diogo Jota. What a player! And he seems like a great guy!
Sponsored

Snipereyez

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tomorrow I’ll try to see if there’s a difference in brake feel after turning off CMBS.

By the way, I am a Liverpool supporter and very appreciative of your fellow countryman, Diogo Jota. What a player! And he seems like a great guy!
Had to look that guy up... Not a football fan xD (Strange I know... coming from the counrty where you love Fado, Football and Fatima (church) )

As for the brake feel and brake distance, what I've noticed, and I hope you can recreate the scenario, was do a simple brake test from one garage pilalr to another. nothing scientific. Just made the car move, and aimed to brake by the side of the garage pilalr as if it were a toll booth.
With CMBS, I stopped right beside the pillar, as I am acustomed to the distance at that speed.
But without CMBS, I felt the pedal much more responsive (like it's all yours and not shared with a hydraulic actuator that's always ready to punch it for you) and as so, I stopped alot sooner.

I tried this because, when doing some "spirited driving" I notice that the car jsut keeps going, as if me stepping the pedal at 50% only resulted in a 20% press (random numbers, again nothign scientific here)

Just try it yourself and give me some feedback!

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Had to look that guy up... Not a football fan xD (Strange I know... coming from the counrty where you love Fado, Football and Fatima (church) )

As for the brake feel and brake distance, what I've noticed, and I hope you can recreate the scenario, was do a simple brake test from one garage pilalr to another. nothing scientific. Just made the car move, and aimed to brake by the side of the garage pilalr as if it were a toll booth.
With CMBS, I stopped right beside the pillar, as I am acustomed to the distance at that speed.
But without CMBS, I felt the pedal much more responsive (like it's all yours and not shared with a hydraulic actuator that's always ready to punch it for you) and as so, I stopped alot sooner.

I tried this because, when doing some "spirited driving" I notice that the car jsut keeps going, as if me stepping the pedal at 50% only resulted in a 20% press (random numbers, again nothign scientific here)

Just try it yourself and give me some feedback!
Huh. That’s curious. I will try your experiment tomorrow.
And yeah, please excuse the football reference. Jota’s just playing really well for Liverpool and I’m overly excited!

Snipereyez

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic FK7
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Huh. That’s curious. I will try your experiment tomorrow.
And yeah, please excuse the football reference. Jota’s just playing really well for Liverpool and I’m overly excited!
No problem on the football thing xD I'm used to be singled out when the topic is football (I just never got fond of it).

Anyways, got an update on my theory.... seems that I might be mistaken..
Yesterday night I tried it once again, and it manifested the same small sponginess.
I think I might go for a brake fluid change...
When the car was new I never noticed such thing, might just be bad fluid and coincidentes

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
No problem on the football thing xD I'm used to be singled out when the topic is football (I just never got fond of it).

Anyways, got an update on my theory.... seems that I might be mistaken..
Yesterday night I tried it once again, and it manifested the same small sponginess.
I think I might go for a brake fluid change...
When the car was new I never noticed such thing, might just be bad fluid and coincidentes
Roger that. I tried today and couldn’t tell a difference in brake performance.