LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I'm currently in the market for a new 2020 Sport Touring in Sonic Grey Pearl and received a TrueCar quote from a dealer of $26,397. I know this is below MSRP, but has anyone seen/heard of better deals currently? Is there a catch to this quote since it is through TrueCar? It almost seems like too good of an offer to be true.
Sponsored

beo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That is stupidly high for Socal. I paid 23650 for my 2016 touring new in Socal (no special incentives or trade). I think 6 months later, someone got a deal >23k also no incentives and no trade. With the massive sale decline, I expect 0 apr for at least 60m and a sale price of >22k with some the the public incentives if you qualify. Here is a TEDtalk that will help with your dealing, pay close attention from 13:00.

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
I just picked up a 20 Sport touring hatch for pretty close to the same price . I think that’s pretty fair .
My dealer went and found me my car as well , because they didn’t have a white one and that’s what I wanted . Seems like they wanted to do whatever they had to , to make the deal .

I don’t see how you are going to get a 20 model sport touring for 22k , a regular sport hatch , yes . I mean , the touring is a few hundred away from being 30k .
I was quoted LESS than Trucar on a regular Sport , at like 21k

Last edited:

beo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
23k is possible just from negotiation. Huge supply in Socal and no demand. And competition has always been fierce here. There are at least 15 Honda dealerships in L.A. County alone and probably another 15 within 1 hour drive. -1k from Honda loyalty incentive = 22k

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
Wow , sounds like a buyers bonanza over there .

beo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sign of the times. Very few people are buying semi lux civics. Most people are looking for base level or one/two trim up.

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And where I’m at , I could hardly find the sport touring. My dealer had two touring models in polished metal , (the color just wasn’t on my radar ) those have both sold in the last week since I bought my car .

The white one I got was brought in from 400 miles away in Memphis.

pearlexl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 si coupe
Country flag
the 2016 touring invoice is at 24k where as a 2020 sport touring is invoiced at 26k. you won't be able to sign a sport touring for 23k before incentives, lol.

dealers aren't moving all that many units. makes no sense to sell at a loss (a huge one) to try and achieve a volume bonus. there is no volume to be moved with the whole 'rona going on.

@op does anyone in your family have a 2009+ honda? they're having $1,000 loyalty which would put your 26k at 25k.

with the truecar numbers, I would message other dealers asking them to beat the price. dealers have to pay to use truecar so you may be able to squeeze a few more bucks from them.

OP
OP

LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
That is stupidly high for Socal. I paid 23650 for my 2016 touring new in Socal (no special incentives or trade). I think 6 months later, someone got a deal >23k also no incentives and no trade. With the massive sale decline, I expect 0 apr for at least 60m and a sale price of >22k with some the the public incentives if you qualify. Here is a TEDtalk that will help with your dealing, pay close attention from 13:00.
I'm looking at the Sport Touring, which is the hatch that goes for a 2k more than the sedan version. Thanks for the TED Talk video though! Interesting stuff.

the 2016 touring invoice is at 24k where as a 2020 sport touring is invoiced at 26k. you won't be able to sign a sport touring for 23k before incentives, lol.

dealers aren't moving all that many units. makes no sense to sell at a loss (a huge one) to try and achieve a volume bonus. there is no volume to be moved with the whole 'rona going on.

@op does anyone in your family have a 2009+ honda? they're having $1,000 loyalty which would put your 26k at 25k.

with the truecar numbers, I would message other dealers asking them to beat the price. dealers have to pay to use truecar so you may be able to squeeze a few more bucks from them.
Thanks for the heads up on the loyalty. We only have a 2008 Honda in the household, so I don't qualify unfortunately. The quote I got is actually from Truecar, so I will use that to shop around. I do see that there is no 0% on financing a civic right now though so I am going to wait and see if incentives get better next month

OP
OP

LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
I know you've done your research and everything, but unless your heart is dead set on a Sport Touring, I'd advise you to strongly consider the Sport if you want a 6MT or the EX if you want a CVT. The Sport Touring is pretty bad value.
Thanks for your input! I do realize it's not the best value, but I really like the creature comforts that the Sport Touring offers so I'm pretty set on that trim. I still haven't test driven the car yet, so that can make/break my decision.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I know you've done your research and everything, but unless your heart is dead set on a Sport Touring, I'd advise you to strongly consider the Sport if you want a 6MT or the EX if you want a CVT. The Sport Touring is pretty bad value.
Yeah, i want a Sport 6MT. Would love the LEDs, leather and better stereo, but can't justify $5k for that. With the upgrades to the Sport hatch in 2020, they really need to cut the price on the Sport Touring imo.

OP
OP

LookingForFK7

First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Country flag
Yeah, i want a Sport 6MT. Would love the LEDs, leather and better stereo, but can't justify $5k for that. With the upgrades to the Sport hatch in 2020, they really need to cut the price on the Sport Touring imo.
They actually may have lowered the price a bit for the Sport Touring trim! I just noticed on the Honda website lists the Sport Touring at MSRP $28150 (with the 6 speed MT). I believe it was listed at over $29000 previously. Not a huge price drop, but I'm hoping to get a good deal to justify buying this trim more.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
They actually may have lowered the price a bit for the Sport Touring trim! I just noticed on the Honda website lists the Sport Touring at MSRP $28150 (with the 6 speed MT). I believe it was listed at over $29000 previously. Not a huge price drop, but I'm hoping to get a good deal to justify buying this trim more.
The manual is cheaper than the CVT. Its still $5300 over the Sport.

grr187usmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I'm currently in the market for a new 2020 Sport Touring in Sonic Grey Pearl and received a TrueCar quote from a dealer of $26,397. I know this is below MSRP, but has anyone seen/heard of better deals currently? Is there a catch to this quote since it is through TrueCar? It almost seems like too good of an offer to be true.
Just purchased mine today for $26,350 OTD in NC.