Sport or Touring?

• Total voters

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought so, but still, the newer Honda’s are quite easy to learn ?
Oh yeah without a doubt. I learned how to drive stick on my CTR. Like I mean I bought it with 0 knowledge and forced myself to learn because otherwise I wouldn't be able to drive my car. Trial by fire for sure but it worked.
Sponsored

OP
OP
brandoCIVIC

brandoCIVIC

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Oh yeah without a doubt. I learned how to drive stick on my CTR. Like I mean I bought it with 0 knowledge and forced myself to learn because otherwise I wouldn't be able to drive my car. Trial by fire for sure but it worked.
And that’s exactly what I’m thinking too, I know the understanding of the shifting, holding clutch in and letting it go a little softly by second or what not. Been watching videos lately haha

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
I've had my 19 Touring Coupe for 25,000 miles, it has been a pleasant traveling companion, trouble-free, quiet, comfortable with very solid performance combined with decent fuel economy. If you use Toptier fuels and quality oil, (I change every 5k) and regular maintenance, the 1.5t should have typical Honda longevity. As many reviewers have stated, the 1.5t is a better combination with the CVT than the 2.0, I drove a service loaner with the 2.0, was very glad to get my Touring back. The difference was pretty dramatic.

OP
OP
brandoCIVIC

brandoCIVIC

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I've had my 19 Touring Coupe for 25,000 miles, it has been a pleasant traveling companion, trouble-free, quiet, comfortable with very solid performance combined with decent fuel economy. If you use Toptier fuels and quality oil, (I change every 5k) and regular maintenance, the 1.5t should have typical Honda longevity. As many reviewers have stated, the 1.5t is a better combination with the CVT than the 2.0, I drove a service loaner with the 2.0, was very glad to get my Touring back. The difference was pretty dramatic.
Ah, gotcha!!! Thanks for the feedback!

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Ah, gotcha!!! Thanks for the feedback!
Whatever decision you make, don't drag your feet, at least in my area of Pennsylvania, coupes are scarce and Touring Coupes are not easy to find. Mine was one of two White Platinum Pearl Touring Coupes that my dealer had in 2019. Apparently the word is out that the coupes are done after the 2020 model, so grab one before they're gone!

OP
OP
brandoCIVIC

brandoCIVIC

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Whatever decision you make, don't drag your feet, at least in my area of Pennsylvania, coupes are scarce and Touring Coupes are not easy to find. Mine was one of two White Platinum Pearl Touring Coupes that my dealer had in 2019. Apparently the word is out that the coupes are done after the 2020 model, so grab one before they're gone!
Ya forsure man, I feel ya! It’s the same around my area too in southwest Ontario! Don’t see many coupes, let alone Si coupes! Looking forward to it!!!

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Yeah, since posting this, I’ve decided I’m gonna do that!
I’m jealous.

got my MT sport sedan last year...dobt get me wrong, I loved the car, but wish I got a higher trim. So this past February, I traded it in for the EX hatch, and I absolutely love the car.... now I wish o got the si over the hatch, and currently, I’ve been appreciating the si coupe, A LOT! But the wife isn’t a fan of the coupe, and work has slowed down since then, so I’m stuck with my hatch.

OP
OP
brandoCIVIC

brandoCIVIC

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m jealous.

got my MT sport sedan last year...dobt get me wrong, I loved the car, but wish I got a higher trim. So this past February, I traded it in for the EX hatch, and I absolutely love the car.... now I wish o got the si over the hatch, and currently, I’ve been appreciating the si coupe, A LOT! But the wife isn’t a fan of the coupe, and work has slowed down since then, so I’m stuck with my hatch.
Haha I feel you bro! I currently have the 17 ex but I feel like it’s just lacking power so I was thinking of either the Sport coupe or the touring coupe. Si works too ;)

This is your last chance for the Si coupe!!! Go get itttt

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For some reason, probably cost, you generally don't see many Civic Tourings. I've run across a few Touring sedans, but have only see one other Coupe. It's (other than the CTR) the top of the Civic food chain with all the whistles & bells. For the money, I think it's one of the nicest, small Luxury Touring cars out there right now, and, I'd wager, one of the lowest production models. Strange, Honda has used an image of the SI Coupe to promote it more than the sedan, and now the coupes being axed. Next time around, without a Coupe, I may look elsewhere, having driven nothing but coupes & 3-door hatchbacks all my life. Its either that, surrender to a sedan or drop into the pit of despair and get a (gasp!) CRV. Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy my, now, rather exclusive, Touring Coupe.
Sponsored