cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
My Si is 2 weeks old now and prior to picking it up I was dead set on trading my 2020 matte black wheels for a set of ‘17-‘19 wheels. After I saw the car in person the day I picked it up I decided to keep the wheels that were on it, I love the look of them on Platinum White.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 si wheels B9DE5A2B-BDEE-4EDB-A42A-BD2C2CDC760C
Sponsored

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
My Si is 2 weeks old now and prior to picking it up I was dead set on trading my 2020 matte black wheels for a set of ‘17-‘19 wheels. After I saw the car in person the day I picked it up I decided to keep the wheels that were on it, I love the look of them on Platinum White.

B9DE5A2B-BDEE-4EDB-A42A-BD2C2CDC760C.jpeg
Yea man they just fit the Si theme better. The black sorta gives it more of a JDM look. Without being too loud. I'm sold on them at this point.
I could grab a set of lighter after market rims for a really good price. But I just have a ting for original OEM products as an older head.

Last edited:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I found the new 2020 rims in black for $317 a piece from College Hill (Reached out directly). Debating on getting the new rims and a pair of LEDs instead of trading in my 19 with 5,800 miles on it :thumbsup:

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 si wheels 20191223_211659

I completely agree. They look awesome in person. Very pleased with all the updates!

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Its cumulative .. the wheels are less on the new model than 17 to 19 in my opionion ... the honeycomb look was lost with mixed up plastic ... the headlights appear on the decline with the new model as brighter does not add up as an advantage in appearance... and the shameless blasphemy of trying to fool us with audio bull shixx muffler sounds pumped into the stereo. Hopefully the next gen is taken up seriously by Honda... It's interesting how polarizing the appearance is ... new owner vs previous owner .... those black matte wheels are a deal breaker for me. I would not be able to live with ... I could have had this ... but got that ... Yet ... this is how this very thread began.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its cumulative .. the wheels are less on the new model than 17 to 19 in my opionion ... the honeycomb look was lost with mixed up plastic ... the headlights appear on the decline with the new model as brighter does not add up as an advantage in appearance... and the shameless blasphemy of trying to fool us with audio bull shixx muffler sounds pumped into the stereo. Hopefully the next gen is taken up seriously by Honda... It's interesting how polarizing the appearance is ... new owner vs previous owner .... those black matte wheels are a deal breaker for me. I would not be able to live with ... I could have had this ... but got that ... Yet ... this is how this very thread began.
The new headlights dress up the front significantly in my opinion. I actually like the old vents just as much as the new. They make the front look clean. The black rims make the car look mean though. Separates the car from the other Civics. I also like the engine sound tech and the int trim. Since the next gen will be out in 2-3 yrs. It's hard to trade in my 2019 that is 6 months old and lose a lot of cash. I got it 2 weeks before they announced the refresh. I absolutely love what they did with the 2020 though

Last edited:

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found the new 2020 rims in black for $317 a piece from College Hill (Reached out directly). Debating on getting the new rims and a pair of LEDs instead of trading in my 19 with 5,800 miles on it :thumbsup:
I know its cheaper than trading in for a 2020 but damn, those are still pricey especially converting to CAD. I’ll probably call my local Honda dealer in Canada and see what pricing is though I can’t imagine the wheels being cheaper than $400 CAD each. Or if someone on one of the Buy sell sites here in Canada is ever so kind to trade for my 19’s, that'd be even more ideal :cool:

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know its cheaper than trading in for a 2020 but damn, those are still pricey especially converting to CAD. I’ll probably call my local Honda dealer in Canada and see what pricing is though I can’t imagine the wheels being cheaper than $400 CAD each. Or if someone on one of the Buy sell sites here in Canada is ever so kind to trade for my 19’s, that'd be even more ideal :cool:
To swap into the 2020 it's going to cost 3k to 5k. I just got my brand new 2019 about 6 months ago that now has 5,800 miles. Then before you know it the 11th gen will be out. It sucks lol
The salesman told me their are no changes for the 2020. 2 weeks later the press release came out. I'm still pissed as I stressed about the refresh to the salesman before signing. Got duped. He knew the new joints were coming out and wanted to get the car off the lot.

Last edited:

jst4fun17

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi all! First post, long time lurker. Purchased my 2020 Si back on 12/3. One of the biggest reasons I wanted the new model was the wheels.....my favorite pic below. :)

4EA54201-C2A8-4D88-97D0-E6E8944452F4.jpeg
I'm not a black rim type of guy even those are really SIck. I think those would be freaking awesome in chrome as well.

VaSi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not a black rim type of guy even those are really SIck. I think those would be freaking awesome in chrome as well.
Thanks....and I like what you did there.

And you’re right - the design alone is sweet - and would be sweet in chrome....or the matte black

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To swap into the 2020 it's going to cost 3k to 5k. I just got my brand new 2019 about 6 months ago that now has 5,800 miles. Then before you know it the 11th gen will be out. It sucks lol
The salesman told me their are no changes for the 2020. 2 weeks later the press release came out. I'm still pissed as stressed about the refresh before signing. Guy is a skum.
Yeah and that makes it not really worth it to swap lol. When I got my 2019 Si, I thought he 2020 wasn't going to be a big deal in terms of redesign. I'm happy I wasn't totally wrong but the wheels are probably the only thing I would truly take away from it, since the Canadian Si had a lot of the features Standard on the 17-19 model that you guys did not have.

The 2019 wheels are slowly growing on me and I like them a lot more than aftermarket options, but I wouldn't hesitate to jump on the 2020 wheels if an opportunity comes up. Really liking the black wheels on my WOP.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah and that makes it not really worth it to swap lol. When I got my 2019 Si, I thought he 2020 wasn't going to be a big deal in terms of redesign. I'm happy I wasn't totally wrong but the wheels are probably the only thing I would truly take away from it, since the Canadian Si had a lot of the features Standard on the 17-19 model that you guys did not have.

The 2019 wheels are slowly growing on me and I like them a lot more than aftermarket options, but I wouldn't hesitate to jump on the 2020 wheels if an opportunity comes up. Really liking the black wheels on my WOP.
Your cars came standard with LEDs and driver safety tech?
The guy told me the only differences would be a color or two and accessories like floor mats :cool:
I did talk to my old salesman this week from the 9th gen who might be able to work something out. If it can swapped without breaking the bank.. I'll definitely consider it. I'd be a lot happier. Doubt it though.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The salesman told me their are no changes for the 2020. 2 weeks later the press release came out. I'm still pissed as I stressed about the refresh to the salesman before signing. Got duped. He knew the new joints were coming out and wanted to get the car off the lot.
Take it as a lesson learned. Never trust a salesman. A good salesman is a truly soulless person. They take classes to learn how to talk to people to get them to feel like they care about you. If you drove off the lot and died in a car wreck, they wouldn’t lose a minute of sleep that night.

Also, the 2019 is the last true Honda driver’s car without the Honda Sensing suite. A lot of people don’t want driver assists in their sports car. It may become highly desirable if you decide to hold onto it for a long time. It’s got the good updates like the volume knob, climate control buttons, and anything they tweaked but didn't announce to the public.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Take it as a lesson learned. Never trust a salesman. A good salesman is a truly soulless person. They take classes to learn how to talk to people to get them to feel like they care about you. If you drove off the lot and died in a car wreck, they wouldn’t lose a minute of sleep that night.

Also, the 2019 is the last true Honda driver’s car without the Honda Sensing suite. A lot of people don’t want driver assists in their sports car. It may become highly desirable if you decide to hold onto it for a long time. It’s got the good updates like the volume knob, climate control buttons, and anything they tweaked but didn't announce to the public.
Definitely lessons learned. My old salesman, who I should've went to from the beginning can get me into the 2020. They have a really nice one on the lot. I'm just debating if it's a waste. At the end of the day it's just a car. Even though I'd be happier and content with the refresh. Btw I actually like the sensing suite and safety tech. Helps protect you and the car.
Sponsored

Last edited: