2020 Si speaker sub upgrade.

PanBorowik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Sedan 2019
Country flag
I decided to just tap into the OEM sub connections and run it thru a MRV250 Alpine Amp. It was the perfect amount of power for the Kicker Sub and was small enough to hide away in the rear trunk area of the car. This also allowed me to be able to adjust the sub output from the head unit, and not have to run a SUB control knob up the side of the car.
Hi Conica,
First off, big thanks for the post, It's been super helpful.
I'm about to install the Kicker sub in my 2019 sedan, and have a question about tapping into OEM sub connections.
I'll be powering the sub with Hertz HCP 2 amp (in mono mode), but the high level input on it takes in two channels, while the sub my sedan has got only two wires powering it (so mono, I guess).
I can see that the Alpine amp also takes even 4 channels of input.
Was your original sub dual-powered or did you connect it some other way? My first idea was just to connect both left and right input wires and then connect them to sub output, but I'm afraid that I might fry the amp (or something else) if I do it?
So maybe just connecting the high level to left and right back-speakers is a better idea?

EDIT:
Or now, that I think of it, since the sub output is mono, connecting just one channel to amp should be fine - right? Since the signal is filtered out on the radio level, it will have all the bass information the speaker needs anywa from that one channel?
Sponsored