2020 Si Sedan Audio Upgrade (Pic Heavy)

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
just jumper from the amp... it’s right there. Put a 2A fuse inline and be done.
eh... but the amp is always powered no? So you'll be pulling 350mA all the time? Probably not good.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
eh... but the amp is always powered no? So you'll be pulling 350mA all the time? Probably not good.
No, the remote controls that. You’ll always have power available but it will not always pull power unless remote tells it to.

I’d pull remote from the cig lighter (Acc) circuit but not power from it.

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
No, the remote controls that. You’ll always have power available but it will not always pull power unless remote tells it to.
But you're saying to power the LC7i with the Amp's power line correct? The Amp's power line is always hot correct? Because it's connected to the battery directly. So if you connect the LC7i to that, then it will draw 350mA all the time. No?

I know the amp will shut off when the remote is off. It'll still draw current, but insignificant amounts. Plus, the spec for the LC7i says its remote output will be on whenever the LC7i is on.

Maybe I don't know what you were suggesting?

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
But you're saying to power the LC7i with the Amp's power line correct? The Amp's power line is always hot correct? Because it's connected to the battery directly. So if you connect the LC7i to that, then it will draw 350mA all the time. No?

I know the amp will shut off when the remote is off. It'll still draw current, but insignificant amounts. Plus, the spec for the LC7i says the remote output will be on whenever the LC7i is on.

Maybe I don't know what you were suggesting?
The lc7i also has remote to power on. It will not pull power unless remote tells it to.

OP
OP
car3nX

car3nX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

I’d pull remote from the cig lighter (Acc) circuit but not power from it.
The GTO function acts as a remote if I understand correctly. If it sees signal from the speaker inputs it will then turn on. That's what I plan to do at least.

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
The GTO function acts as a remote if I understand correctly. If it sees signal from the speaker inputs it will then turn on. That's what I plan to do at least.
If that’s what you want to do, go for it. That will not affect anything with the power source. I still suggest running a wire from the amp 12V to the 12V input on the LOC

OP
OP
car3nX

car3nX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If that’s what you want to do, go for it. That will not affect anything with the power source. I still suggest running a wire from the amp 12V to the 12V input on the LOC
Yes I'm going to do that. Sounds like the easiest thing to do. Thanks again Brandon.