SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I currently have a 2018 si coupe and it's incredible! I am eligible to order a new car in about 8-10 months so I know it'll be within the 2020 model year. Does anyone know about potential changes? A major refresh would be nice. I'm kinda worried about it not being an upgrade.
I would think that the Si front bumper and Sedan back bumper get the same treatment as the hatch models from the images that were leaked within the last couple weeks. I’m on the fence about what I think about it still.
Sponsored

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just waiting on an announcement of the 2020 Si. I had considered some alternatives (like a WRX), but I think that ultimately I will trade my 2017 EX-T for a 2020 Si. Though I don't like the aggressive red colouration of the interior (gauges, et cetera), I think that the LSD will help me. I'm just not looking forward to tuning it. My EX-T was tuned by Vit, and makes enough power that the standard Si will seem pretty slow.

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Neither can the drivers on the other side of the road as they pass you 18 touring :rofl:
The halogens are plenty bright. You should see the crappy hazed-over headlights on the 08 F150 i drive for work...
Always driven lowered cars so that's never been an issue for me. I'm more worried about the brand new Infiniti and Acura's with 5 projector ball HID & LED headlights.

OP
OP
Gino27

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
I would think that the Si front bumper and Sedan back bumper get the same treatment as the hatch models from the images that were leaked within the last couple weeks. I’m on the fence about what I think about it still.
I sure hope there’s a few changes just to keep it interesting. I’ll be getting a 2020 coupe but that leaked rear end of the hatch would look nice on the sedan.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sure hope there’s a few changes just to keep it interesting. I’ll be getting a 2020 coupe but that leaked rear end of the hatch would look nice on the sedan.
got the sauce on the leaked photos?

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Always driven lowered cars so that's never been an issue for me. I'm more worried about the brand new Infiniti and Acura's with 5 projector ball HID & LED headlights.
The new Camrys seem to have extra bright LEDs too, or maybe theyre just aimed poorly from the factory. I dont know. I do think LEDs look cool, but they hurt to look at for more than a few seconds. I want people to see my car, not shield their eyes from it and yell expletives to themselves as they pass:dunno:

DarkKitarist

Hyped for Cyberpunk 2077
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kaihatsu-sha.eu
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Plus 2020 (Her name is V)
Country flag
Neither can the drivers on the other side of the road as they pass you 18 touring :rofl:
The halogens are plenty bright. You should see the crappy hazed-over headlights on the 08 F150 i drive for work...
I'm getting my Civic with the LEDs in November, but a friend has a Civic with LEDs and one work friend has one with Halogens and both are good but the LEDs are hands down better, and if you drive in the opposite direction and that friend's civic goes past (the LED one) the shine is super not bad, I mean if he had turned on his high beams (the inner 4 LEDs I think?) it would have been noticable, but otherwise it's super OK. And in Slovenia they are super anal about where the light beam cutoff is and how strong the light are so I guess they are quite ok since I'm seeing more and more Civics in Slovenia.

PS. I have LEDs with a lens on my Peugeot 207 and they're OK too, BUT their life is shitty as they start blinking and dying after 8-12 months (I did soder the resistors my self so it's possible that I did something wrong, but I did tripple check everything).

PPS. I had hazed-over headlights on my Peugeot and I put some LEDs in before buying new ones, I used them for a week, but I got stopped by police 2 in that one week :p

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm getting my Civic with the LEDs in November, but a friend has a Civic with LEDs and one work friend has one with Halogens and both are good but the LEDs are hands down better, and if you drive in the opposite direction and that friend's civic goes past (the LED one) the shine is super not bad, I mean if he had turned on his high beams (the inner 4 LEDs I think?) it would have been noticable, but otherwise it's super OK. And in Slovenia they are super anal about where the light beam cutoff is and how strong the light are so I guess they are quite ok since I'm seeing more and more Civics in Slovenia.

PS. I have LEDs with a lens on my Peugeot 207 and they're OK too, BUT their life is shitty as they start blinking and dying after 8-12 months (I did soder the resistors my self so it's possible that I did something wrong, but I did tripple check everything).

PPS. I had hazed-over headlights on my Peugeot and I put some LEDs in before buying new ones, I used them for a week, but I got stopped by police 2 in that one week :p
I know the LEDs arent that bad on the civics. they're aimed pretty low and youll only get a direct beam in your eyes if the person hits a bump or goes up a hill. I think I like the look of the halogens better though. Especially the blacked out inside ones on the 2019 sport models. Would look good on my black Si.

I wonder if the LEDs are different at all in Slovenia with the stricter laws? And yeah, when you stick LED bulbs in the old light assemblies that are oxidized, it scatters the light everywhere. Pickup trucks are the worst. The light beam is level with your eyes in a small car.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I have always been a fan of subaru I just never made the jump because of the ringland failure issue.
99/100 were modified and most heavily modified...

Like going with a bigger turbo and E-85 tune etc...

Of course the pistons are gonna explode it’s science!

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
99/100 were modified and most heavily modified...

Like going with a bigger turbo and E-85 tune etc...

Of course the pistons are gonna explode it’s science!
I don't know how accurate that statement is. I know lots of people in the local Subaru community in my area and have heard from multiple people that nearly bone stock Subaru's have had ringland failure with just a OTS 93 octane tune and I would not call that heavily modified.Hell you can go to the Subaru forums yourself they have threads following peoples failures and they list the mods the mileage ect, there is even a class action settlement going on. Now I am not saying all of them are stock or just slightly modded and I know some of it can be driver error but the failure rate for just minor things like a OTS tune, an intake and downpipe is alarming.

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240471&page=126

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I don't know how accurate that statement is. I know lots of people in the local Subaru community in my area and have heard from multiple people that nearly bone stock Subaru's have had ringland failure with just a OTS 93 octane tune and I would not call that heavily modified.Hell you can go to the Subaru forums yourself they have threads following peoples failures and they list the mods the mileage ect, there is even a class action settlement going on. Now I am not saying all of them are stock or just slightly modded and I know some of it can be driver error but the failure rate for just minor things like a OTS tune, an intake and downpipe is alarming.

50k miles on my 2015 stage 2 wrx- Get a DIT, problem solved :)

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag

I was taking STis never owned a WRX...

But you kind of proved my point, a 93 octane tune can be enough. Especially when the engine is already tuned from the factory to be at top specs and safe. But a downpie, intake and tune is pretty heavily modified concerning an engine.

But I will give you 98/100
Sponsored