2020 si refresh?

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
Honda have to do something
Rumors are that the new GTi will have 235 hp.
Expect the new WRX to have hp bump too
Sponsored

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Yeah, the 205 hp just doesn't cut it when compared to the competition. If the Si weighed 200-300 lbs less, it wouldnt be as much of an issue.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I must be alone in my thinking that the sedan Si is the best variant, and an Si sedan looks cleaner than a Type R :/

The hatch didn't grow on me, and the rear of the coupe is too bubbly. Subjective, but I like the angles on the sedan better.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I love my 2015 wrx. I was hoping to hear something about a new STi or the new subaru global platform by now :(

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I must be alone in my thinking that the sedan Si is the best variant, and an Si sedan looks cleaner than a Type R :/

The hatch didn't grow on me, and the rear of the coupe is too bubbly. Subjective, but I like the angles on the sedan better.
Funny enough, i normally hate hatchbacks- mazdaspeed, wrx, focus, golf r. The civic is the only hatch i like.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

You're not alone, I'm right there with you

JonnyRed12

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI and Civic SI
Country flag
I don't know how much truth there is to this, but my Honda dealer says the price of the 2020 SI is going up. If that is true, perhaps there IS some sort of update to the 2020 that would warrant a price hike. I'm currently in a buyback situation with VW for a 2019 GTI with a stalling problem they cannot fix, and the Honda dealer was applying a little pressure for me to buy the SI they had on the lot. He said they didn't really have any more 2019's coming in, so it's possible the 2020 is right around the corner. It's also possible he just wants me to buy the red SI sedan they have there. Who knows? I'm just excited to soon be rid of the GTI and into a nice, new SI, hopefully without any electrical demons like the GTI.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag

I think the rear end of the coupe looks a lot cleaner, it’s why I bought the coupe. I drove a 16 LX sedan for a few years and i think the side profile of the Sedan looks sharp.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know how much truth there is to this, but my Honda dealer says the price of the 2020 SI is going up. If that is true, perhaps there IS some sort of update to the 2020 that would warrant a price hike. I'm currently in a buyback situation with VW for a 2019 GTI with a stalling problem they cannot fix, and the Honda dealer was applying a little pressure for me to buy the SI they had on the lot. He said they didn't really have any more 2019's coming in, so it's possible the 2020 is right around the corner. It's also possible he just wants me to buy the red SI sedan they have there. Who knows? I'm just excited to soon be rid of the GTI and into a nice, new SI, hopefully without any electrical demons like the GTI.
Im expecting honda sensing in the 2020 Si, and possibly the LED headlights. Canada Si models have already had LEDs.
I actually really hope they do this because those are features that I really didn't want, and it would justify my purchase of a used 17 Si a few months ago instead of waiting for the 2020 reveal. I don't want an 850$ windshield replacement and I really don’t like LED headlights (too bright)

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im expecting honda sensing in the 2020 Si, and possibly the LED headlights. I actually really hope they do this because those are features that I really didn't want, and it would justify my purchase of a used 17 Si a few months ago instead of waiting for the 2020 reveal. I don't want an 850$ windshield replacement and I really don’t like LED headlights (too bright)
Coming from a Touring owner who sold his for an SI, i can't see shit with these halogens.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Coming from a Touring owner who sold his for an SI, i can't see shit with these halogens.
Neither can the drivers on the other side of the road as they pass you 18 touring :rofl:
The halogens are plenty bright. You should see the crappy hazed-over headlights on the 08 F150 i drive for work...
Sponsored

Last edited: