BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i drove a 2018 gti and the shifter felt like rubbery shit and the throws were longer than john holmes.

but i cant deny that stock for the stock it did feel a bit quicker and torqier than the si. not by much but definitely noticeable

also the gtis are ugly as fuck. they looked good 2 gens ago tho.

SI_honda_2k17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic si
Country flag
but i cant deny that stock for the stock it did feel a bit quicker and torqier than the si. not by much but definitely noticeable
I wish it would be true but the GTI trap speed is 3-4 mph higher than the SI. That’s bus lengths

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
im still surprised they didnt change the rear end and get rid of those gross fake black things on the sedans.

Konos44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si
Country flag
im still surprised they didnt change the rear end and get rid of those gross fake black things on the sedans.
This is part of the reason I waited for the '19 to see if they would update the back end after being on sale for 2 model years. They did nothing pretty much cosmetically so I hope they don't change it at all now. I'll be pissed if there's an update for 2020 :) Unless they find some way to make it look worse. :/

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
I drove a GTI a day before driving my Si. In terms of raw performance its hard to argue with the numbers... I'm sure the GTI is a little faster. BUT, the Si's boost comes on MUCH lower in the rev range and to me at least FELT faster - at least in "in town" driving.
I recently tested a GTI, and even my 2010 TSX feels quicker for "in town" driving, just like you describe. I think it's because the GTI has relatively tall gearing, so it doesn't feel as eager to rev at lower speeds. My TSX jumps off the line in comparison, but above about 40 mph the GTI's power and torque take over. There's no comparison on the highway.

Konos44

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si
Country flag
I recently tested a GTI, and even my 2010 TSX feels quicker for "in town" driving, just like you describe. I think it's because the GTI has relatively tall gearing, so it doesn't feel as eager to rev at lower speeds. My TSX jumps off the line in comparison, but above about 40 mph the GTI's power and torque take over. There's no comparison on the highway.
Ya I totally agree - not sure what it is - gearing or the fact that maybe its a bigger turbo so its a more gradual spool? Not sure.

Leetcivx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si
Country flag
When i had my 15 GTI i felt the same.... until my Unironic 1+ tune. Instantly woke the car up. There was so much low end torque that traction was hard to manage until i got the hang of it.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I just would like to see them bring back a Si hatch for an option. Bump the HP a bit more and keep what they are doing like the 10th gen. If they had made a Si hatch for the 10th gen I would bet Type R sales would be down.
I like the look of the sedan and coupe for the Si, but my opinion the Civic hatch sport is the best looking of all of them for the 10th gen.

I agree 100%

Zumoney

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica, Honda civic
Country flag
I just would like to see them bring back a Si hatch for an option. Bump the HP a bit more and keep what they are doing like the 10th gen. If they had made a Si hatch for the 10th gen I would bet Type R sales would be down.
I like the look of the sedan and coupe for the Si, but my opinion the Civic hatch sport is the best looking of all of them for the 10th gen.
And for that reason, they'll never build a Si hatch, they will never try to hurt their CTR market, even though the mark up is ridiculous and that's what's truly hurting the numbers...

BPF129

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I dont think were getting an 11th gen until 2021 or 2022. The only way ill consider trading in for a mid cycle refresh is if they offered the Si as a hatch,
If they offered an Si hatch, I'd be in there tomorrow lol my buddy at work has the ex-l hatch and even as little as it may be...that little extra room feels a lot bigger

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
If they offered an Si hatch, I'd be in there tomorrow lol my buddy at work has the ex-l hatch and even as little as it may be...that little extra room feels a lot bigger
Same and aside from the space I just feel like the hatch looks so much better imagine if it was an Si.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
If the Si came in a hatch i too would have already bought one. And the funny thing is i don't normally like hatches at all, i like sedans!

OP
OP
Gino27

Gino27

Red Rocket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si coupe
Country flag
If the Si came in a hatch i too would have already bought one. And the funny thing is i don't normally like hatches at all, i like sedans!
Yeah I’d love a hatchback Si but it would surely take away from Type R sales.
Sponsored