2020 Si: Platinum White Pearl vs. Modern Steel Metallic?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently have 2018 Coupe in MSM and I have to say I really do love this color. Was going to upgrade to the 2020 and my dealer only has MSM, I'd probably have to wait for a while or hunt another dealer for a white coupe because none have it near me.

What do you guys think is the better color? I know it's all opinion but maybe I just need to be swayed to get another MSM or wait for a PWP.

MSM looks amazing right after a wash, maintains a very classy elegant look, goes great with black, and looks clean for a while.

PWP also maintians a classy elegant look, goes great with black, and (could) look clean for a while.

Such a dilemma lol.
Sponsored

mentaltam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just got a 2020 Coupe about a week ago in PWP and it does not look clean, now. But do I regret it? No. My parking garage for my apartment currently has the hose disabled due to freezing concerns from the winter, but once that's back on it wouldn't be too big of an issue for my personally. I also waited like 2 months for mine since the dealer didn't have it.

Valenzx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I really wanted Black but my dealer only had PWP inbound on the trailer. I think I got one of the first 2020 si back in September. This is my 5th white car but love the shine after a nice cleaning. Love the sparkles as well haha.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got a 2020 Coupe about a week ago in PWP and it does not look clean, now. But do I regret it? No. My parking garage for my apartment currently has the hose disabled due to freezing concerns from the winter, but once that's back on it wouldn't be too big of an issue for my personally. I also waited like 2 months for mine since the dealer didn't have it.
Yeah man i've been waiting a month already not sure if I want to wait another since I genuinely do love both colors and think black goes well with the both of them

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
My advice...stick it out with the 2018, your going to take a big hit. Unless the price hit is something that you can easily absorb, your best option is keep the 2018

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My advice...stick it out with the 2018, your going to take a big hit. Unless the price hit is something that you can easily absorb, your best option is keep the 2018
Yeah got this all settled already, my Dad has a really close childhood friend that got us a very good deal

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
So I was in a similar situation where I originally wanted to get Aegean Blue Pearl, but the closest dealer to me had an MSM Si that I wanted to check out and see about getting them to source a blue one from another dealer. I ended up loving the color so much more than I thought though and ended up just getting the MSM. It was a great decision because like you said, it cleans well and holds its clean better than most colors.

I say go MSM!

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I think you need to decide which of the two colors you truly prefer. If you went to a dealer today, and both colors were immediately available to you - which would you choose? What does your gut tell you? That's the color you should go with. Waiting is hard, I get it. I had to wait a couple weeks for my choice of color, and I was tempted by some alternatives (including a sedan in MSM, which is a great color). But you're going to live with this car for years, and you don't want to find yourself regretting/second guessing yourself down the road. The one or two month wait will be well worth it, if it's going to bring you satisfaction in the future.

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I’m in the wait for what you want camp- especially if you are already in an 18.... if that were me I would want the new color to make the change more substantial/ worth it...

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I think if you had both parked side by side you'd be able to make a clear decision!

20ABM06MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Btw- Honda’s website has a handy dandy inventory search tool.. Hamburger menu/ shopping tools/ search inventory.. pick the car and enter the zip code...

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I have a MSM Si Sedan and love the color. But as others have said, go for the color that you really desire and don't rush. As for myself, I would stick with the MSM.

Good luck and have fun with your choice:)

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks all for your responses!! Went to the dealership yesterday and the salesman managed to locate a white coupe in Jersey. Signed for it yesterday and just got my VIN number :’)

Side by side, I would’ve went white. Picking her up Saturday!!
Sponsored