2020 Si Head unit software / firmware update??

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Does any one know if there is a software or firmware update for the head unit of a 2020 Si sedan??

I'm running TunerView Lite and HondaHack.

But lately having connectivity issues with Pandora /Apple CarPlay/ HondaLink...

I have tried clearing errors, different cables, reconnecting via Bluetooth and Wifi...

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Edward
Sponsored

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
There is currently a known issue with the latest iPhone update and CarPlay. As far as I know Apple is working on a fix. There is nothing wrong with your head unit, it will be an update with your phone.

rsmith_101st

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 XGen SI
Country flag
19 SI here and have similar issues. The infotainment just shutting off or locking up on screen; also some random connectivity. These issues are with and without hondahack.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Usually, this is resolved with getting a better cable. Try shorter ones also, like 1.5' vs the 3'+ ones that are common.

I had some TunerView connectivity issues when using my phone at the same time, but 99.9% of the time, the issue is resolved if I make sure bluetooth is OFF on my phone BEFORE TunerView starts up. I then connect my phone to the HU and use Android Auto.

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
There is currently a known issue with the latest iPhone update and CarPlay. As far as I know Apple is working on a fix. There is nothing wrong with your head unit, it will be an update with your phone.
Thanks. I have an Iphone 11 Pro Max running iOS 14.5.1

Edward

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
One thing at sucks with Apple is that you can’t submit bugs easily if you’re not running on the ios beta. I sent around 5 major CarPlay breaking bugs back on iOS 12 specifically on Honda head units. One extremely severe bug used to crash the entire unit if you use the right turn signal on side camera equipped civics or backing up 100% of the time back on the early iOS 12 beta. I stopped using it because iOS 12 beta was so damn buggy and dangerous that I didn’t feel like updating my beta certification
Sponsored