2020 Si Coupe-Spoiler flappy on highway, anyone else have?

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
if there is any way for your to film safely i would be interested to see it. Or perhaps get a family member/friend to follow you and see if they notice the flap? I was thinking about your post the other day when i drove mine. I was in the 80ish mph range and i noted no flap or real movement at all from the spoiler. I did notice some vibration in my mirror. i have a 2019 coupe.
Sponsored

OP
OP

gokstate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 VW GTI, 2017 MINI Cooper S, 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Country flag
if there is any way for your to film safely i would be interested to see it. Or perhaps get a family member/friend to follow you and see if they notice the flap? I was thinking about your post the other day when i drove mine. I was in the 80ish mph range and i noted no flap or real movement at all from the spoiler. I did notice some vibration in my mirror. i have a 2019 coupe.
I'll try sometime, but it's kind of tucked away these days. I guess I was interested to see if this was a common thing others have noticed. Seems split right now

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
OK in response to this, I just took my 2020 SI coupe up to 108 miles an hour with no appreciable vibration? Could it be that Honda was aware of this and maybe improved something or strengthening the wing mount on the 2020s?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Could it be that Honda was aware of this and maybe improved something or strengthening the wing mount on the 2020s?
I have a 2020 and the spoiler visibly vibrates in the mirror at highway speeds - 60-80mph. No change since I got the car up to now at 1300 miles. It generally feels flimsy if you push on it and always shakes when closing the trunk. Fabrizzio71 said tightening the mounting bolts helped so I'll try that on my car too. Maybe the factory doesn't tighten it to a consistent torque?

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
Tightening the bolts fixed it. In each of the mounting points there are three bolts; 1 weird torx one and two 10 mm bolts. The service manual specifies 9.4 N·m = 0.96 kg·m = 6.9 lb·ft = 83 inch·ft. I set my torque wrench to 83 and it instantly clicked on all four. I'm pretty sure they were all factory tightened to beyond 120 in·ft, but I tightened them some more. Obviously if you tighten too much you risk stripping the threads.

Now the spoiler does not move at all even at fast freeway speeds with strong crosswinds.

Dpack

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I've only put about 900 miles on my car, but a couple of times on the interstate at speed (75-80mph), I've noticed in the rearview mirror the rear spoiler seems to be reverberating/shaking quite a bit up/down, especially if there's any wind at all. It doesn't seem to be particularly loose when manually pushing/pulling on it later in the garage.

Has anyone else had this happen or notice? Can't tell if it's just the aerodynamics at speed or if I need to have something tightened up. Thanks.
I live in Vegas, gets pretty windy here never had an issue the spoiler is tight

jscm

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they flap on bumps even if you tighten them. noticeable if youre on stiffer springs or coilovers and on high speed. I bought support that goes on the middle and they dont flap no more.

TonyTheTiger57

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 T-Bird, 78 Cougar, 84 Bronco, 85 F150 17 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My spoiler vibrates so bad on the highway, I can hear it rattling the back of the car it’s so bad
Sponsored