Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
So, what are your finale settings?
Ended up with, Throttle II, Standard padding, and went with the VSA agressive ignition.

Throttle I vs II didn't really notice a difference

Standard padding is by far the best, soft or medium still had Rev Hang.

There is a throttle delay after shifting, which I think is a byproduct of trying to eliminate Rev Hang... Hoping @KTuner can get this sorted for the 2020 cars, and it's not one of those thing where they consider it's good enough and never actually fixing it.

Hope that helps.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There is no delay as a result of our code, if you look at the datalogs. In fact the rev hang code is only active when TPS is zero and RPM is above 2000. As soon as you touch the throttle it reverts to factory functionality completely.

The ECU does sometimes go into some sort of emissions related lean mode, which you can also see in the datalog and we're not going to adjust at any time in the future. We may raise the RPM for the switch back and see if that helps with the transition.

Last edited:

Blkonblk10gsi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
Ended up with, Throttle II, Standard padding, and went with the VSA agressive ignition.

Throttle I vs II didn't really notice a difference

Standard padding is by far the best, soft or medium still had Rev Hang.

There is a throttle delay after shifting, which I think is a byproduct of trying to eliminate Rev Hang... Hoping @KTuner can get this sorted for the 2020 cars, and it's not one of those thing where they consider it's good enough and never actually fixing it.

Hope that helps.
I have been dealing with the delay since day 1 of being tuned. No matter the tune. Custom. Phearable. Tsp. It will hesitate between shifts randomly only on the 20s. Derek I believe also commented on this happening and mentioned nothing can be done unless ktuner can adjust. It's totally an ecu thing. Closest thing I've heard on fixing this was new clutch with single mass light flywheel. I will keep my eye out and hopefully @KTuner will make an update and fix it for us ?

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
I have been dealing with the delay since day 1 of being tuned. No matter the tune. Custom. Phearable. Tsp. It will hesitate between shifts randomly only on the 20s. Derek I believe also commented on this happening and mentioned nothing can be done unless ktuner can adjust. It's totally an ecu thing. Closest thing I've heard on fixing this was new clutch with single mass light flywheel. I will keep my eye out and hopefully @KTuner will make an update and fix it for us ?
Yeah hopefully this can be sorted by @KTuner . Not the end of the world, but would be nice.

Clutch and flywheel has nothing to do with this. This is purely an ECU thing. Whoever told you that, shouldn't be giving advice lol.

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Finally got around to trying a pure tank of Shell 91. As expected, it's definitely down on power compared to Sunoco 94. Knock control is also up in the 0.59-0.60 range on Map 3 from a solid 0.49.... Will be going back to Sunoco 94. Should be cold enough in the winter where Shell 91 will be just as good I expect. Will update then.

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Is it possible for the boost gauge graph to scale based on boost Map max target @KTuner . For example, if maximum boost target is 26 psi. Then the boost gauge graph will scale to 26psi instead of the fixed 20psi ?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 SI Coupe : KTuner V1.2 and Phearable Stage 1.5 Tune - My Experience honda-civic-sdn_100723472_l

Blkonblk10gsi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
Yeah hopefully this can be sorted by @KTuner . Not the end of the world, but would be nice.

Clutch and flywheel has nothing to do with this. This is purely an ECU thing. Whoever told you that, shouldn't be giving advice lol.
The lighter weight flywheel does pretty well eliminate Rev Hang from what I've heard from multiple ppl who have swapped out and did a clutch install. I have yet to try it. But the factory flywheel is around 32lbs. That is a lot of force created. If u reduce it. It's less mass and the rpms drop much quick since the amount of weight or inertia I think the term is. I plan on doing the clutch but leaving Rev Hang enabled in ktuner. And just naturally seeing if it fixes it. There Is definitely an ecu issue here on the 20s that I'm not denying :)

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
The lighter weight flywheel does pretty well eliminate Rev Hang from what I've heard from multiple ppl who have swapped out and did a clutch install. I have yet to try it. But the factory flywheel is around 32lbs. That is a lot of force created. If u reduce it. It's less mass and the rpms drop much quick since the amount of weight or inertia I think the term is. I plan on doing the clutch but leaving Rev Hang enabled in ktuner. And just naturally seeing if it fixes it. There Is definitely an ecu issue here on the 20s that I'm not denying :)
Good luck, I don't disagree that the rotational mass will affect RPM delta over time, but that only comes into play after ECU Revhang. You would be suprised what that mental placebo effect does to someones perception lol. Proof is in the data regardless, if anyone has a before and after log, would be interesting to see. Also how light of a flywheel / clutch assembly, going with a 9-10lb flywheel will cause drivetrain noise, keep that in mind. ACT seems to be the best balance / works well in the SI, which is what i'll be going with. Log before you swap :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Boosted_01_R

Boosted_01_R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Fall weather, 17C ambient, as expected on Shell 91 octane knock is down to Sunoco 94 levels, still seems a little down on power conpared to 94.

I got a used MAPerformance Intake. If your looking for awesome turbo noises, its has a lot of it. I would say zero performance gains. Made a post on Instagram
Sponsored

Last edited: