First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R Touring (SGP) (sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m planning to do this on my ‘19 SI as well. I’ve been waiting for months for the radar cover which is still on “national backorder”. I have yet to find a definitive answer on two things. Hoping you could help (please and thanks in advance!):
1. Do these honeycomb garnishes just pop off? Ive heard you have to remove the bumper, and I’ve also heard you don’t.
2. This is the first I’ve heard about a horn resonator. I did not order that. Does it hold the radar cover in place or anything? Or is it just to direct the sound from the horn?
Sponsored

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I’m planning to do this on my ‘19 SI as well. I’ve been waiting for months for the radar cover which is still on “national backorder”. I have yet to find a definitive answer on two things. Hoping you could help (please and thanks in advance!):
1. Do these honeycomb garnishes just pop off? Ive heard you have to remove the bumper, and I’ve also heard you don’t.
2. This is the first I’ve heard about a horn resonator. I did not order that. Does it hold the radar cover in place or anything? Or is it just to direct the sound from the horn?
You don’t have to remove the bumper:

It doesn’t hold anything in place, just amplifies the horn.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks - Two thoughts - 1. that inside clip will probably give me fits trying to put it back in after I’ve bent it out of shape trying to get the old one out. 2. I’m not sure the radar cover is ever going to come out of backorder!

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Thanks - Two thoughts - 1. that inside clip will probably give me fits trying to put it back in after I’ve bent it out of shape trying to get the old one out. 2. I’m not sure the radar cover is ever going to come out of backorder!
It’ll give you fits getting it out! You could always add a couple extra to your order.

Do you have an order in place for the cover? When I tried to order the parts from one dealer they cancelled those parts from the order, they wouldn’t just fill the whole order when the parts became available, so I just had them cancel my entire order. Some places won’t take an order for back ordered parts. I ordered from suburbanautoparts which would just ship me everything once the parts came in. I ordered on March 3rd and my order was shipped April 8th.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The cover is on nationwide back order but I got my parts in a little over a month. If you don’t order it, it’s going to stay on backorder. You need to basically pre-pay for it to be allocated to you.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The cover is on nationwide back order but I got my parts in a little over a month. If you don’t order it, it’s going to stay on backorder. You need to basically pre-pay for it to be allocated to you.
Funny timing. It just shipped today.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine shipped yesterday, but they were on back order for a little while.
Definitely going to get the horn resonator. I didn’t realize how gaping the slot actually is until I saw it in person.

Ladesmajay

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX Sedan
Country flag
Parts Required:
Horn Resonator 38104-TGG-000 (required to keep horn at acceptable volume behind the new garnish)
Radar Cover 71119-TGG-A50
Garnishes are 71113-TGG- and 71118-TGG- and the last section of the part number depends on the colour as the moldings come pre-assembled to the garnish. Can be ordered in any 2020 2D/4D Si or 5D colour...

A050ZA - RR
A050ZB - PWP
A050ZC - SGP
A050ZD - LSM
A050ZE - PMM
A050ZF - CBP
A050ZG - ABM/BSBM
A050ZL - MSM
Called my local dealer and they sent me a quote on the garnishes. They came up 711108-TGG-A30 and 71103-TGG-A20.

Would these be correct or will I have to be more specific?

Also i'm replacing my sedan bumper for the hatchack or si bumper. I have a couple more questions.
-Will they both work the same?
-Which option would be cheaper?
-and will both options work with my current EX with Honda Sensing?

Thanks in advance.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yikes.. thank you for confirming that for me lol
In my experience you need to do your own research to get part numbers, then they might still argue that they won’t fit your car.

The ‘20 part numbers for my car (rallye red) were:
71113-TGG-A50ZA
71118-TGG-A50ZA

N0TYPR

First Name
Abban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Anyone had any luck finding the parts for MSM? I found left garnish and left radar cover but can’t find anything for the right side. Anyone else has any luck?

Ladesmajay

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX Sedan
Country flag
Anyone had any luck finding the parts for MSM? I found left garnish and left radar cover but can’t find anything for the right side. Anyone else has any luck?
When I went to purchase from Honda, they told me the pricing was almost doubled for one of the garnishes in MSM. Me and the salesman were confused so I told them to order in PMM instead, and you can barely notice any difference. I have pictures on my posts if you'd want to see. The R Garnish comes in one piece.
Sponsored