First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
Nice dude,

This makes me feel bad about my DC2 that needs a rebuild. Gotta get onnit!

OP
OP
mrburgerUS

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Y’all ready for serious action? Clutch and Engine Hoisted.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Si 0 miles block build thread 11BC2697-0045-4547-BC9B-9C0C9D89FC8D
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Si 0 miles block build thread 7E97F1B4-9213-4471-AABD-C847374F3887

OP
OP
mrburgerUS

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Engine was completed over Thanksgiving, but I got COVID (yay), and lost 2.5 weeks of work. I installed trans onto the motor, and have pulled the stock L15BA, as seen on my instagram. I will say, the motor comes out easier than it goes in, especially from the top with the AC still installed. The serpentine belt is also a pain, I managed to semi-route it on the hoist, drop in, and then route it over the AC compressor with the tensioner pinned. I believe I took the belt off the tensioner and did the smooth pulley last, but it was incredibly difficult with a frame rate not even 2 inches away. Look at my piles of organized parts, surprisingly little comes off a Honda motor to yoink it. I am reusing starter and Alternator for obvious reasons ($400 each? heck no), but the Si motor and Trans seem to act like they want to work! If attempting to swap in an LSD trans, remember you'll need a Driver Si axle and Passenger side half-shaft. The Si has more splines and a 30mm shaft diameter, according to calipers. Passenger CV axle can be reused thankfully since it splines the same onto the half-shaft. Also: the hubs are the same splines! Thankfully. I hated doing wheel bearings when I did the 27Won BBK. A word for anyone attempting this: take the bumper, radiator, and headlights out. Makes working 100 million times easier since the crash bar doesn't have to be pretty to work. Too much risk leaving them in.

OP
OP
mrburgerUS

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IT IS COMPLETE! (A little late I know...)

6,000 miles later and a trip to Tail of the Dragon. Built motors are godly on this platform. I had a friend with a E92 M3 ride along with me for a pass, and he was hooked! He complimented the power and balance of the Si-spec Hatch, calling it "A FWD without downsides". I am super pleased with the result, having built and spec'd it in my garage. The Si Trans and Rear Sway Bar are my two favorite upgrades, having both allows for post-apex throttle mashing that hasn't gotten old. The car as a whole is planted.

For anyone reading this in the future, engine builds are a great way to increase MPG too. By hand building the motor to exacting specs and modifying Ktuner maps to add a stock boost map, I can hit a handy 42 mpg at 75mph cruising up the east coast of the USA.

Suffice to say, built motors are fun!

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
Nice build.
Could you share some photos of the baffled oil pan?Âż

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
What bearings are you running for the sanez rods ?

OP
OP
mrburgerUS

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
52,000 miles later….
The motor still works!

I am running into cooling issues now, which is due to the RV6 pushing 27 psi all the time. I’ve got some ideas in the works.

TheDeliSauce

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What bearings are you running for the sanez rods ?
He runs OEM browns for his Saenz rod bearings.
I run OEM greens for my Saenz rod bearings.
Sponsored