stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
So I took my 20 Si on a 50 mile round trip in the highway today. 630 miles on it. Using the cruise control set at 70 the trip odo was showing I was getting 46.6 mpg. Pretty stellar.
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I average like 33 mpg with mixed driving in my 17 coupe.

On long trips of more than 400 miles ill see 38-39 mpg avg. I only see 40+ on flat highway with no obstructions. As soon as it get hilly or i start aggressively passing people, it drops below 40.

twaugh5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
As everyone knows, the 2020 Si's have a shorter final drive ratio that improves the acceleration at the cost of fuel efficiency, and I was wondering what everyone is actually getting in the real world with their 2020's.

I've had my 2020 si sedan for about two and a half months now and have just shy of 4,600 miles on the odometer. My infotainment system says I'm getting 29.8 mpg and I've been logging my fuel ups with Fuelly over the course of the last 3,000 miles which is telling a similar average of 30.2 mpg. I drive a fair split of both highway and city, and I drive hard like 20-30% of the time I would say. With that said, I feel like that is a pretty significant drop in fuel economy compared to the 17-19 Si's that people claim to be consistently getting upwards to 40+ mpg.

I thought this might be interesting to share with everyone. Feel free to share what you're getting with your 2020 as it would be helpful to see more real world data. If you do, please also let us know: if you drive more city or highway, how you calculated your mpg, and how aggressively you drive; since those are key factors in understanding a car's fuel economy.
I took a trip in a 17 sedan last year and got 45mpg running 75-80. To work on I 75 at 85 or so and around town get about 36-37 overall. Mine is one of the first 2017s that came out. Have about 34k miles on it. Watch out for the dealer service at 30k for overpricing. Dealer with BG adds wanted $850 instead of the Honda basic at $530 -- which is overpriced anyway. The Si is a compromise for me and the S2000 I used to have. Miss the S2000.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
... Have about 34k miles on it. Watch out for the dealer service at 30k for overpricing. Dealer with BG adds wanted $850 instead of the Honda basic at $530 -- which is overpriced anyway. ....
$850/$530 for what? Oil change, tire rotation (perhaps), brake fluid (perhaps), and MTF (perhaps) = about $325, perhaps less in GA.

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Mixed city/highway...mostly city though, I average somewhere in between 29-30. Only have 3500 miles on it so far and not sure if that will improve slightly or not. Normally with my pervious Civics, I've seen about a 1-2mpg increase after 15k miles or so.

This is also with winter tires...only had the stock wheels on for 2 weeks before I changed them out, so I'm not sure how big of a difference that will make; I know it will make some difference though.

Last edited:

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reviving an old thread here because this is kind of similar to what I was trying to research..

For those of you doing mostly city/street driving, how many miles per full tank are you guys getting? I drive NYC traffic Monday-Friday and I can only get about 250-300 miles a tank, averaging about 25-27 mpg

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Reviving an old thread here because this is kind of similar to what I was trying to research..

For those of you doing mostly city/street driving, how many miles per full tank are you guys getting? I drive NYC traffic Monday-Friday and I can only get about 250-300 miles a tank, averaging about 25-27 mpg
" how many miles per full tank are you guys getting? " this depends greatly on when one refills. I refill before the low fuel light coming on. After each refill, the range on the dashboard says around 450 miles. My overall average is around 36 mpg. I mostly drove highway ( before covid ) to work.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
" how many miles per full tank are you guys getting? " this depends greatly on when one refills. I refill before the low fuel light coming on. After each refill, the range on the dashboard says around 450 miles. My overall average is around 36 mpg. I mostly drove highway ( before covid ) to work.
Does it make a difference when you refill? I had no idea

I refill like you, before the fuel light comes on. I usually refill when I have about 80-100 miles range left, every refill my range is about 330 miles.

Does range calculate based on your past trips? Because I find that some people automatically get like 400+ range while I always hover here

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Does it make a difference when you refill? I had no idea

I refill like you, before the fuel light comes on. I usually refill when I have about 80-100 miles range left, every refill my range is about 330 miles.

Does range calculate based on your past trips? Because I find that some people automatically get like 400+ range while I always hover here
" Does it make a difference when you refill? " You asked about range on full tank. If I ran the car until it completely runs out of gas, then that is the most 'accurate' measurement. The later or lower the fuel level, the more accurate it will be.

Even the dash board says 450 miles range, I think I can go more than that. One time, not the SI though, the dash board said "0 miles left" and I could drive for another 10 miles to the gas station...

In any case, when I drive more than 350+ miles, I head to the gas station.

04sthemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI, 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
Just bought mine 1 month ago today an have filled up 3 times an have avg 31-31.3 all hand calculations that’s about 60/40 city/highway

bennylopez_32

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White Si Coupe
Country flag
2020 Si Coupe
12,500 miles

Average is about 28mpg and thats with canyon runs and hard pulls etc

With one tank trying my hardest to not pull and drive with fuel economy in mind I averaged 36mpg but I literally drove so slow haha hardly stepping on the pedal. So the 17-19 si guys claiming to have 40+ mpg drive slow and just cruise without any spirited driving.

Current mods are
Tsp stage 1 tune
Prl cobra race cai
Hasport 62armm
Prokit lowering springs

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
My new Si gets about 40 mpg on highway-only trips - on the computer, and real gas mileage seems about 1 to 1.5mpg lower. My Civic hatch would get about 1 mpg better on the highway, so I don't think the gearing is making much difference.

It's hard to compare people's mixed driving since everyone's mix is very different - it's better to compare highway mileage.
Sponsored