2020 on my 2020

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 on my 2020 jAe88SCl

Thought this would be a good time to give a quick review of my 2020 Si. I purchased it about 2.5 months ago and have really been loving it. I swapped out the exhaust at around 1k miles with the MAPerformance Street exhaust. At around 1600 miles I threw on a set of TRMotorsport C4 wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilotsport 4S tires. Both of these mods really changed the character of the car and make it even more fun to drive compared to when it was stock. Gas mileage has been exceptional @ 35mpg (50/50 mix of city/highway driving). Honda sensing hasn't been too intrusive to the point where it neuters the driving experience but it does get a little temperamental at times. Shifting thru the gears seems to improve on every drive since the initial break-in - it just feels sooooo good now. This is my first Honda with a manual and man, now I see what I have been missing out on. Super easy to drive but so rewarding at the same time.

I've been waiting to write a comparison between the Civic and the Fiesta but I think I now have enough seat time in both where I can accurately describe the differences that I feel. Because the Fiesta is the smaller, lighter-weight car, those differences can be felt very easily when taking it thru the turns. I don't doubt the Civic could keep up with the Fiesta but the Civic feels like you are riding a bull whereas in the Fiesta you are on a pony. It does things you wouldn't expect from a sub-20k compact hatchback. If someone asked me which one I enjoyed driving more, it'd be a toss up. They are both superbly outstanding drivers cars but the Fiesta was almost 7k cheaper. No issues with the Fiesta up to this point with 24k miles on the clock...knock on wood!

In the end, I have to say I have absolutely no regrets purchasing my Civic. I have always had a soft spot for the Si ever since I first started driving, I just never got around to purchasing one until now. But I am super happy to get to experience it in it's current form. It's been a real blast to drive and I am hoping for many more miles of smiles to come :thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 on my 2020 9bSiCu8l

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 on my 2020 qsquDJyl

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 on my 2020 pMmf7zdl

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 on my 2020 Hh2re8el

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get it tuned, youll really like driving it! Car looks great!

Last edited:

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
^ This is 100% true! After I got my Si tuned, all I want to do is drive the damn thing!

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
The Fiesta ST was one of two other cars I considered before buying my SI coupe.
A few friends suggested the FiST, since I liked my Mazda2. And the FiST was basically a Mazda2 with twice the horsepower! that really appealed to me. The other car I was looking at was the Hyndai Veloster R spec. I could have gotten a new one of those for quite a few thousand less than the Si. The FiST would have had to been bought used. With the hope that Ford would continue to support it with parts after pulling it out of America.
In the end, the limited slip differential and Honda's reputation for reliability won out.
In your last picture, the Si Coupe and FiST look pretty close to the same size.
Surprisingly there's only 147 lbs difference between the cars.
[2889 lbs vs. 2742 lbs]

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Get it tuned, youll really like driving it! Car looks great!
^ This is 100% true! After I got my Si tuned, all I want to do is drive the damn thing!
I've been researching Hondata and KTuner but all of the posts with people complaining about their clutches has me concerned. How long have y'all been tuned? Still running with the stock clutch I assume?

The Fiesta ST was one of two other cars I considered before buying my SI coupe.
A few friends suggested the FiST, since I liked my Mazda2. And the FiST was basically a Mazda2 with twice the horsepower! that really appealed to me. The other car I was looking at was the Hyndai Veloster R spec. I could have gotten a new one of those for quite a few thousand less than the Si. The FiST would have had to been bought used. With the hope that Ford would continue to support it with parts after pulling it out of America.
In the end, the limited slip differential and Honda's reputation for reliability won out.
In your last picture, the Si Coupe and FiST look pretty close to the same size.
Surprisingly there's only 147 lbs difference between the cars.
[2889 lbs vs. 2742 lbs]
On paper, you would think there wouldn't be a whole lot of difference but behind the wheel is an entirely different story. The Civic's steering feels much heavier compared to the Fiesta. When driving the Fiesta, it's feel a lot more nimble and eager to dive into the turns. On the track though, I think they'd be neck and neck. After putting on the new wheels with sticky tires, I can hustle the Civic thru my favorite turns just as fast as the Fiesta, it just feels like it takes a little more effort to do it. I should also mention when sitting inside both, the Civic feels like a 2000+ sq ft house compared to the Fiesta feeling like a 500 sq ft apartment. It's pretty tight but not enough where you feel claustrophobic so not a big deal for me.

Mazda2 is a great commuter and Hyundai Veloster R is a good performance bargain. I didn't cross shop those particular cars but I wouldn't cross them off my list either.

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You'll be fine with the stock clutch as long as you don't go overboard.

That's the problem: most people get addicted after they use the canned tunes, and want more.

I'd say buy it, try it, and make sure you either understand that you'll want more (and will want that clutch with it), OR you'll have to be content with only a little taste. Granted, that little taste is OH so good...

(that's what happened to me. I got the ktuner, threw on the +6 canned tune, got hooked, and here I am $3500 later. I am on a Flex Fuel TSP Stage 2 tune, and I'm still on the stock clutch FWIW. I drive like a grandpa compared to some people though lol)

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I've been researching Hondata and KTuner but all of the posts with people complaining about their clutches has me concerned. How long have y'all been tuned? Still running with the stock clutch I assume?
I've only been tuned for a little over a month with a TSP Stage 1 tune. Yes, still on stock clutch. Not running into any issues at the moment either, nor have I experienced any clutch slip. I drive pretty conservatively the majority of the time and only do a few pulls here and there for fun. When I do have fun, I don't go WOT in 5th or 6th gear and basically only do WOT starting at 4K RPM from 2nd to 3rd.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Honestly, it seems like the clutch is a crapshoot. Some people have no problem running a 21 or 23 PSI tune while others start slipping. I honestly think that's why Honda's stock tune limits the boost ramp so much. They realized that the clutch wasn't strong enough to allow full boost at lower RPMs, so they artificially restricted it. Getting rid of the boost ramp restrictions w/ a tune makes the car so much more fun, even if you keep the target boost levels about the same.

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
jAe88SCl.jpg

Thought this would be a good time to give a quick review of my 2020 Si. I purchased it about 2.5 months ago and have really been loving it. I swapped out the exhaust at around 1k miles with the MAPerformance Street exhaust. At around 1600 miles I threw on a set of TRMotorsport C4 wheels wrapped with Michelin Pilotsport 4S tires. Both of these mods really changed the character of the car and make it even more fun to drive compared to when it was stock. Gas mileage has been exceptional @ 35mpg (50/50 mix of city/highway driving). Honda sensing hasn't been too intrusive to the point where it neuters the driving experience but it does get a little temperamental at times. Shifting thru the gears seems to improve on every drive since the initial break-in - it just feels sooooo good now. This is my first Honda with a manual and man, now I see what I have been missing out on. Super easy to drive but so rewarding at the same time.

I've been waiting to write a comparison between the Civic and the Fiesta but I think I now have enough seat time in both where I can accurately describe the differences that I feel. Because the Fiesta is the smaller, lighter-weight car, those differences can be felt very easily when taking it thru the turns. I don't doubt the Civic could keep up with the Fiesta but the Civic feels like you are riding a bull whereas in the Fiesta you are on a pony. It does things you wouldn't expect from a sub-20k compact hatchback. If someone asked me which one I enjoyed driving more, it'd be a toss up. They are both superbly outstanding drivers cars but the Fiesta was almost 7k cheaper. No issues with the Fiesta up to this point with 24k miles on the clock...knock on wood!

In the end, I have to say I have absolutely no regrets purchasing my Civic. I have always had a soft spot for the Si ever since I first started driving, I just never got around to purchasing one until now. But I am super happy to get to experience it in it's current form. It's been a real blast to drive and I am hoping for many more miles of smiles to come :thumbsup:

9bSiCu8l.jpg

qsquDJyl.jpg

pMmf7zdl.jpg

Hh2re8el.jpg

Lookin super suave as always brother :thumbsup:

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Congrats on the new car. I can't wait to try out the P4S tires. The original PSS were amazing and confidence inspiring.
Sponsored