2020 K20C2 6MT compatability

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a 2020 Sport trim sedan with a 6MT and NA 2.0L and I was curious to see if the V2 is compatible with it. From my understanding, I should check for an ECU number, I'm assuming it's on the ECU itself in the engine bay? I swapped the muffler out and got a resonator delete, so I want to get a tune to get a little more power to match the extra noise. Thank you.
Sponsored

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
As far as I know it is compatible on the NA 2.0

OP
OP
BigRedtheGinger

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport 6MT, 1988 Honda CRX SI, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2 V8
Country flag
I have seen it is compatible with the 2.0, I mainly want to make sure the year is supported. I've seen some places say the V2 is good for upto 2019 and some places just saying 2016+

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
Best bet is prob to grab your ECU number and contact ktuner customer support. They are real quick and very helpful.

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i belive the 2020's are different somehow, ( dont have rev hang delete yet while im sure its available on other years already ) i messaged with them a few days ago. Theres not much it can do yet, but they are working on it. They monitor their subgroup here regularly, post something there and im sure they will get back with you within a few hours

OP
OP
BigRedtheGinger

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Check your ECU number (See "CivicX ECU Location" on google).
Looks like the ECU is supported. 37820-5BB-A14
I'll be putting my order in right now.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Hey guys, I have a 2020 Sport trim sedan with a 6MT and NA 2.0L and I was curious to see if the V2 is compatible with it. From my understanding, I should check for an ECU number, I'm assuming it's on the ECU itself in the engine bay? I swapped the muffler out and got a resonator delete, so I want to get a tune to get a little more power to match the extra noise. Thank you.
Hope you get it figured out. I got the tune on my 2.0 NA 6mt and it makes the car run like it’s supposed to. I love my car. It might not be a race car but it is a blast to drive.

OP
OP
BigRedtheGinger

BigRedtheGinger

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hope you get it figured out. I got the tune on my 2.0 NA 6mt and it makes the car run like it’s supposed to. I love my car. It might not be a race car but it is a blast to drive.
Thanks! I put my order in last night on Amazon and should be getting it this Wednesday. I think my biggest concern was making sure it would work fine because of the year since some companies like to make software tweaks and mess with people trying to mod their cars. Mitsubishi did things like that for the 8G Galant, when I had mine. From what you're saying, it looks like I shouldn't have any issues.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Thanks! I put my order in last night on Amazon and should be getting it this Wednesday. I think my biggest concern was making sure it would work fine because of the year since some companies like to make software tweaks and mess with people trying to mod their cars. Mitsubishi did things like that for the 8G Galant, when I had mine. From what you're saying, it looks like I shouldn't have any issues.
Well mine is a 2018 but if ktuner said it will work then it should. You’re gonna enjoy Vtec engagement lowered to 5300 rpm. But the car just feels more responsive and linear. You’ll see. Plus your mileage doesn’t really change, unless your foot gets heavier lol.
Sponsored