K20CYA

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just completed the instant jailbreak with the jailbreaker module on my 2020 Type R. I followed all the steps in the video and confirmed my ECU now reads “jail broken” then after I disconnected the flashpro and removed the jailbreaker from the CAN harness, put everything back together and went for a drive to clear the codes and error messages. I drove for 25-30 miles and everything cleared except rev match system and emissions system problem they are still flashing. Am I literally supposed to drive a further distance than that?
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No, it's like 2.5km. Recheck the tune you uploaded and see if you missed any of the misc. Or closed loop parameters.

OP
OP

K20CYA

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
No, it's like 2.5km. Recheck the tune you uploaded and see if you missed any of the misc. Or closed loop parameters.
Thanks for the reply, I didn’t upload any tunes this was just supposed to clear the warning lights after the jailbreak.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh, I just flashed a tune even before putting the trim back together lol.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'd just try resetting DTCs from Hondata and driving around again. @AdamD19DFK8 is referring to the fuel relearning, where you let the ECU learn it's fuel trims for 2.5km or 5 minutes after flashing a new tune.

OP
OP

K20CYA

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I'd just try resetting DTCs from Hondata and driving around again. @AdamD19DFK8 is referring to the fuel relearning, where you let the ECU learn it's fuel trims for 2.5km or 5 minutes after flashing a new tune.
Thanks for the info, did you mean I should upload a calibration and see if it’s error free after the flash?

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I just completed the instant jailbreak with the jailbreaker module on my 2020 Type R. I followed all the steps in the video and confirmed my ECU now reads “jail broken” then after I disconnected the flashpro and removed the jailbreaker from the CAN harness, put everything back together and went for a drive to clear the codes and error messages. I drove for 25-30 miles and everything cleared except rev match system and emissions system problem they are still flashing. Am I literally supposed to drive a further distance than that?
I just jailbroke my car and I had to drive about 50 accumulated minutes until the codes cleared.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for the info, did you mean I should upload a calibration and see if it’s error free after the flash?
Nah, just clear the DTC codes by plugging in your laptop into the FlashPro and the FlashPro into your OBD2 port (the gateway is no longer required) and then pressing 'Clear DTCs' under the Online menu up top.

OP
OP

K20CYA

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Nah, just clear the DTC codes by plugging in your laptop into the FlashPro and the FlashPro into your OBD2 port (the gateway is no longer required) and then pressing 'Clear DTCs' under the Online menu up top.
Trying this now thanks

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you clear codes before uploading any calibrations?
No sir, I just jailbroke, shut off the ignition, put the can gateway connecter back in its oe slot turned on accessory flashed my tune I had waiting to go, and went on my way. The usual acc/lkas warnings are up for the first couple minutes, but no codes like emissions or Rev match, then it's been all clear.

The solution, flash a tune, at least a basemap. The new calibration wizard is neat

OP
OP

K20CYA

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
No sir, I just jailbroke, shut off the ignition, put the can gateway connecter back in its oe slot turned on accessory flashed my tune I had waiting to go, and went on my way. The usual acc/lkas warnings are up for the first couple minutes, but no codes like emissions or Rev match, then it's been all clear.

The solution, flash a tune, at least a basemap. The new calibration wizard is neat
Thanks appreciate it

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks appreciate it
Enjoy the new tunes.

Kefi's 100% on going to online and clear dtcs with the car in accessory.

But as long as the tune is set up right, you won't get any codes at all unless something mechanical with the car is off.
Sponsored