First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport:

Full Disclosure: I know nothing about cars and don't have plans to do anything major performance-wise. I see a lot of cool cars with awesome mods, but with the little background knowledge I have, coupled with no desire to hit the track or anything, I'm not really interested in doing anything that may cause other problems that might cause me more of a headache in the future. Most of the mods I'm planning are playing it pretty safe. I won't even hack the head unit just because I've seen so many posts about how to fix the problems it's causing. I just don't want to deal with that backlash. At the end of the day, I really just want a fun car to drive that looks kind of cool. That's about it...

Mods so far (mostly cosmetic):
Enkei TS9 wheels (8.5x18 +35)
Tires (stock Continentals 325/40)
SI Sway Bar
Eibach Pro Springs (Lowers it -1.0 Front/ 0.8 rear)
Tint
Hood 3m wrap (gloss Black) - I have mixed feelings about this but wanted to try it out.
Headlight PPF
Cheap Black Emblems (eBay)
Smoked Side markers
Katana LED Lights: interior/headlight/high beam/fog
Black License Plates
Red pinstriping
Vava Dash Cam
2 Coats fo Armor Shield (ceramic coating) on entire car + wheels
Front Lip: SoCalAccessories

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5040

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5043.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5042.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_5037.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_4937.JPG

Future plans:
Need to install camber arms since there is some minor alignment issues (slight bowing of the rear wheels).
Might smoke the taillights

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome, and nice looking car! How has the armor shield held up for you? I used that product on my 2018 SI and it was terrible. I ended up purchasing 3.0UK by Carpro for my CTR.

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Welcome, and nice looking car! How has the armor shield held up for you? I used that product on my 2018 SI and it was terrible. I ended up purchasing 3.0UK by Carpro for my CTR.
The Armor Shield is ok. I feel like it doesn't last that long. I only have it because I got like 6 boxes at the Swap Meet for $15 each. I felt like I should just try it being that it's so expensive. At the end of the day, it's definitely better than putting nothing. In the future, I might try a different brand, perhaps the Carpro one or something else.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah it defiantly falls under the "ok" category. For sure at that price its worth trying, the worse part is doing all the prep work to apply a ok product.

METALxSLUG

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PMM Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Great looking hatch, welcome to the forum. How do you like the Katana LEDs?

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Gloss black roof wrap is the way to go

F6196C4A-14D1-403C-AB93-87AF04446B76.jpeg

B71E822F-4F20-47AE-B401-5FF80D416AE1.jpeg

C1AB7D04-26FB-49E6-99A3-AC1BF38E3769.jpeg
Nice! I was thinking about doing my roof, and still might. That a Sport touring? I was so tempted to get one, but couldn't justify the price. I got my car for $20,500 plus traded in my Kia for $7k, so it's been a nice monthly payment. I have another car, so needed to keep the payments around $300 bucks each.

I noticed your in LA.. where'd you get your wrap done? I'm in SGV.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Nice! I was thinking about doing my roof, and still might. That a Sport touring? I was so tempted to get one, but couldn't justify the price. I got my car for $20,500 plus traded in my Kia for $7k, so it's been a nice monthly payment. I have another car, so needed to keep the payments around $300 bucks each.

I noticed your in LA.. where'd you get your wrap done? I'm in SGV.
Yeah had the money in hand to get a type R had talked to the salesman over the phone and had agreed upon the price it was $3k near sticker which was as close as I had ever seen a type R. Went to the dealer and they completed backed out the deal saying they couldn’t do it for the price blah blah blah. So went to another dealer near me and got the level below the type R which put me at the spot touring so I was like okay cool. Got a good deal on it paid a little over $27,000 after all the fees. Oh that’s cool, I’m from the SGV too! Hit me up on IG, jayy__swish, if you ever want car photos! I got the wrap done as well as the sides of the tail lights in San Dimas a shop called Xclusive automotive. Cool guys. Paid $275 and came with a a free detail wash inside and out including polish and wax. It’s a nice car, most of my cars have been Honda’s. Kept me at a good monthly price and I have a little extra for another car. Looking into a 370z or the next generation of Z to come out for my weekend abuser lol

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Test fit the Socalaccessories front lip. Still needs to be painted, but once I do, it looks like a nice snug fit. I'm pretty sure this fits directly over the existing OEM Sport lip, which is convenient. Thanks for the lead, @adc3132 !

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_4991.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_4990.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback Sport IMG_4992.JPG

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Test fit the Socalaccessories front lip. Still needs to be painted, but once I do, it looks like a nice snug fit. I'm pretty sure this fits directly over the existing OEM Sport lip, which is convenient. Thanks for the lead, @adc3132 !

IMG_4991.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

IMG_4992.JPG
Oh that looks sweet! I'm a big fan of how it sits right up against the bumper! Glad this worked out for you man :headbang:

Did you wrap your hood? I've been thinking about wrapping some parts, but never tried!

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh that looks sweet! I'm a big fan of how it sits right up against the bumper! Glad this worked out for you man :headbang:

Did you wrap your hood? I've been thinking about wrapping some parts, but never tried!
Yea, It was my first experience getting anything wrapped, and I wish I saw some examples of other silver hatches with a hood wrap, but couldn't find any. I have mixed feelings about it. It definitely looks better in person, though.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, It was my first experience getting anything wrapped, and I wish I saw some examples of other silver hatches with a hood wrap, but couldn't find any. I have mixed feelings about it. It definitely looks better in person, though.
Did you do it yourself? I'm going to do my roof black. Have a sunroof though so it's going to be a nightmare I'm sure. Just wondering if you did it, since it would have been your first time I'm curious how it went. I gotta look up some youtube vids as well!
Sponsored