Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Really though, what’s missing? The high lift cam profile right? So the L is gone from VTEC, which when you stretched out the original meaning should’ve been VVTLEC.
It was just a question. I would assume with the popularity and reliability of the VTEC engines Honda would want to keep that relation. But it seems, like you shared above that only the Euro versions of the engines are actually tagged as VTEC.
Sponsored

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Really though, what’s missing? The high lift cam profile right? So the L is gone from VTEC, which when you stretched out the original meaning should’ve been VVTLEC.
Also Welland Honda has a break down of the engine but the article is from 2015 so I am not sure if the info is still accurate as it was just before they released the 10th gen civic.

https://www.hondawelland.ca/2020/01/30/honda-earth-dreams-technology/

They claim the VTEC technology is the base of the engine design.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Also Welland Honda has a break down of the engine but the article is from 2015 so I am not sure if the info is still accurate as it was just before they released the 10th gen civic.

https://www.hondawelland.ca/2020/01/30/honda-earth-dreams-technology/

They claim the VTEC technology is the base of the engine design.
It’s just all marketing. Tag lines and keywords that don’t mean anything technical, or have just come so far from their original meanings. Earth Dreams, VTEC, Mazda’s Skyactiv, even BMW’s M has been diluted over the years. We don’t even have trim level badges like LX or EX on our trunks anymore. But we’re getting sidetracked. Nice hatch, nice colour! Used the correct English spelling there for you.

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
What are bumper extensions and what do they do. I have an ex, no center exit exhaust, and wonder if I need them...
Does the 2020 sport diffuser fit a 2017 lx hatchback ????

Pythagorium

First Name
martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Sport Touring, 2010 Dodge Challenge SE
Country flag

LegoEggrollz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
i think it should fit, they only really changed the mmiddle of the oem sport diffusers from what i can tell, buuut i would message the company to be sure

SAKE BOMB

First Name
Ralphi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Just ordered mine last night cost me 71.76 with free delivery from dealership, if y'all are in CT, LIA Honda Parts are the cheapest and nicest people to work with, they'll drop the parts off tommrow and installations on Sunday !!
Price is slightly over double now, smh:bow:

PSPEC

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex hatch
Country flag
I bought one and installed it on 2018 ex hatch. Yeah is around 150 now. There is a cutout for center exit exhaust (my ex has 2 mufflers on the sides behind the wheels) Honda makes a model in Europe called the comfort sport that has a glossy filler plate to block off this hole but its sold out with no date for when it will be restocked so I'm just waiting for it and driving around with a hole in the center of my rear lip...

Zuko

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback EX 10th Gen
Country flag
I bought one and installed it on 2018 ex hatch. Yeah is around 150 now. There is a cutout for center exit exhaust (my ex has 2 mufflers on the sides behind the wheels) Honda makes a model in Europe called the comfort sport that has a glossy filler plate to block off this hole but its sold out with no date for when it will be restocked so I'm just waiting for it and driving around with a hole in the center of my rear lip...
How was the fitment? Any pics? I have a 2018 ex hatch as well.