First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The small plastic piece that goes right in the exhaust arc. Serves no purpose but visually can make a slight difference. If you look at it from below there is an open space above the exhaust, the finisher fills that gap.
It is actually a more heat resistant plastic and does serve a purpose, that would be why they have an extra piece. If you try to bend it you can tell. It's right around the exhaust so yeah if you want your diffuser to start melting it doesn't serve a purpose lol
Sponsored

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
The small plastic piece that goes right in the exhaust arc. Serves no purpose but visually can make a slight difference. If you look at it from below there is an open space above the exhaust, the finisher fills that gap.
Optional item or highly recommended?

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is actually a more heat resistant plastic and does serve a purpose, that would be why they have an extra piece. If you try to bend it you can tell. It's right around the exhaust so yeah if you want your diffuser to start melting it doesn't serve a purpose lol
I see your point but I doubt it has anything to do with protecting the diffuser, the diffuser still sits close to the exhaust and the way the hatch is setup the exhaust could never melt the diffuser and if it was going to a small plastic piece won’t stop it.
Optional item or highly recommended?
For the price I’d say go for it, it’s not going to keep your diffuser from melting due to heat from the exhaust but it completes the clean finished look.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see your point but I doubt it has anything to do with protecting the diffuser, the diffuser still sits close to the exhaust and the way the hatch is setup the exhaust could never melt the diffuser and if it was going to a small plastic piece won’t stop it.

For the price I’d say go for it, it’s not going to keep your diffuser from melting due to heat from the exhaust but it completes the clean finished look.
As an engineer myself, I would imagine Honda would not waste time developing and producing a separate part that doesn't serve a purpose. You could make that piece part of the mold for the diffuser no problem, would barely add any cost. The problem is, the heat radiating around the pipes WILL deform the polypropylene bumper over time. I do not "suggest" this piece, it is necessary. Again, Honda wouldn't produce this part for shits and giggles. It's cheap anyways.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Has anyone tried to to see how the 2020's HDMI tip fit's with the hatch's diffuser?

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone tried to to see how the 2020's HDMI tip fit's with the hatch's diffuser?
Judging from pictures I'm going to say the exhaust might be too wide for the opening, it is narrower than the 2019 diffuser.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
thanks! how about the right/left bumper extensions? It's for a 2020 Sedan.
You don’t absolutely need the extensions. The 17-19 didn’t have them. Although you might have some trouble fitting the hatch diffuser on a sedan bumper. I don’t think the contours line up and the hatch bumper is shorter than the sedan, so the diffuser will end up being short.

xichigox123

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welp, all the dealers near me are charging 290-ish for the 71502-TGG-A70. Don't know what I can do...

SDSport6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6mt
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know if there's a eBay rep for this? It looks like the OEM one's gotten really expensive
Even if there were it probably would be close enough in price due to shipping to make it about the same $$$. Before I found one at a local dealer I had three places cancel orders because they look at the shipping price and their eyes get real big!

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Just installed mine yesterday. I only got the diffuser and the finisher. Skipped the left and right extensions. The diffuser is painted gloss black. The finisher is not painted, and probably not supposed to be. Direct swap. Very easy to do. About an hour on the ground without removing the bumper.

316564C9-D7F5-4B3B-B2BD-37E1F30E164B.jpeg

7AC7EF45-43F5-4E80-B756-74ACE3127258.jpeg

41206A34-E720-4BB8-B5D8-4BA8292A5746.jpeg
Whats with the VTEC Turbo badge? Aren't all the new 1.5L Turbo's Earth Dreams technology now?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Whats with the VTEC Turbo badge? Aren't all the new 1.5L Turbo's Earth Dreams technology now?
Really though, what’s missing? The high lift cam profile right? So the L is gone from VTEC, which when you stretched out the original meaning should’ve been VVTLEC.
Sponsored