2020 Hatchback Rear Diffuser

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Really though, what’s missing? The high lift cam profile right? So the L is gone from VTEC, which when you stretched out the original meaning should’ve been VVTLEC.
It was just a question. I would assume with the popularity and reliability of the VTEC engines Honda would want to keep that relation. But it seems, like you shared above that only the Euro versions of the engines are actually tagged as VTEC.

Advertisement

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Really though, what’s missing? The high lift cam profile right? So the L is gone from VTEC, which when you stretched out the original meaning should’ve been VVTLEC.
Also Welland Honda has a break down of the engine but the article is from 2015 so I am not sure if the info is still accurate as it was just before they released the 10th gen civic.

https://www.hondawelland.ca/2020/01/30/honda-earth-dreams-technology/

They claim the VTEC technology is the base of the engine design.

L8apex

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 SGM Sport
Country flag
Also Welland Honda has a break down of the engine but the article is from 2015 so I am not sure if the info is still accurate as it was just before they released the 10th gen civic.

https://www.hondawelland.ca/2020/01/30/honda-earth-dreams-technology/

They claim the VTEC technology is the base of the engine design.
It’s just all marketing. Tag lines and keywords that don’t mean anything technical, or have just come so far from their original meanings. Earth Dreams, VTEC, Mazda’s Skyactiv, even BMW’s M has been diluted over the years. We don’t even have trim level badges like LX or EX on our trunks anymore. But we’re getting sidetracked. Nice hatch, nice colour! Used the correct English spelling there for you.

Zanraza03

First Name
Zan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 civic hatchback lx
Country flag
What are bumper extensions and what do they do. I have an ex, no center exit exhaust, and wonder if I need them...
Does the 2020 sport diffuser fit a 2017 lx hatchback ????

LegoEggrollz

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda civic Hatchback LX/Sensing
Country flag
i think it should fit, they only really changed the mmiddle of the oem sport diffusers from what i can tell, buuut i would message the company to be sure

Advertisement

Advertisement