Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX. past 2011 Coupe & Element, 2008 MT Fit
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Got the upgraded rear sway bar and accord end links installed today. It was tough getting the nut off the oem end links. Honda had them suckers cinched down real tight. I got the right side nut removed using a wrench cheater, but not enough room on the left side, and was able to take the sway bar off the car first, then got the link off. The only reason for taking that nut off was.... I needed to reuse that nut on the new end link. ;)
Last weekend, when for a long drive and rolled the odometer over 1,000 miles. Yeah, barely driving anywhere with the lockdown.

Honda Upgrade RSB: 52300-TBJ-A01
Honda End Links: 52320-TLB-A00

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX Rear Swaybar upgrade-sm
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ModMan

ModMan

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Decided to finally take 15 minutes and put the engine side panels on. lol.
Gotta say, I really like the cleaner look of the engine bay.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX Engine Bay Cover-sm

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Decided to finally take 15 minutes and put the engine side panels on. lol.
Gotta say, I really like the cleaner look of the engine bay.

Engine Bay Cover-sm.jpg
Where did you get the side covers?

OP
OP
ModMan

ModMan

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Where did you get the side covers?
Here's the google search I did: HERE
Nothing I found listed one for a 2020 Civic. The color of the covers I received are not quite as black as on the car. They were about the cheapest I could find and works for me. Oh, and one panel hole did not line up on the left panel, but I drilled it. Not sure if the part was formed an inch off on that hole, or maybe the 2020 HB is just different.
Tis up to you... here's the cheap place I got mine: ebay
If interested, here's an past install thread on this forum: HERE

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Here's the google search I did: HERE
Nothing I found listed one for a 2020 Civic. The color of the covers I received are not quite as black as on the car. They were about the cheapest I could find and works for me. Oh, and one panel hole did not line up on the left panel, but I drilled it. Not sure if the part was formed an inch off on that hole, or maybe the 2020 HB is just different.
Tis up to you... here's the cheap place I got mine: ebay
If interested, here's an past install thread on this forum: HERE
Thanks for the info and the links, much appreciated. Happy motoring.

gdagreat

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic ex hatchback
Country flag
'ALL ON' Interior Light Mod
This is one of the wife's favorite mods that I tend to do on about every vehicle I own.
This 'ALL ON' Switch Mod gives you one switch that easily turns 'on' the interior lights, just like if you open a car door! AND it also turns 'on' any other lights you added to that circuit. So far I have added ice blue footwell, center console, and cubby LEDs.

AllOn-06sm.jpg

Mirror Mounted Dash Camera
THIS is the wife's favorite so far. This cam has some super clear viewing. I hard-wired it, so a nice clean look and no droopy cables! ;)

VanTopCam-00sm.jpg
can we get a write up for those ON lights please :) do the footwell lights still turn on when you open the doors? thx

OP
OP
ModMan

ModMan

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
can we get a write up for those ON lights please :) do the footwell lights still turn on when you open the doors? thx
It is sad that most vehicles these days do NOT have a interior ALL-ON light switch, instead you have to click 'on' each map and dome light individually. Yeah, I like one switch to turn em all on when I want, and my switch does NOT change any of those OE light switch functions, just makes it super easy to turn them all on with the press of a button! ;)

So, yes, the footwell lights, that I added, turn 'on' with the rest of the interior lights when you open the door.... but I do NOT recommend opening the door while driving to turn the interior lights 'on'. LoL.
-----------------------------------
You asked... so here is my how-to diagram: :cool:
Save the pic to your phone or laptop, then build it and install it. :)
- I used a 19mm illuminated LED on-off switch (not momentary). You can find them on ebay and amazon. IF you put this switch in the same place I did, it is a tight fit, drill carefully! I highly suggest you cut off the plastic cross 'X' piece off the backside of that plastic panel before you drill it. Take your time! There are also 16mm switches you could use.
- You can use about any 4 or 5 pin 12v relay. I like the mini's, see my Fog Light Switch part list. (If you get a 5-pin relay, do NOT use pin-87a)
- I like posi-taps to tap into existing wires.
- And you'll need an add-a-circuit fuse

FYI, the pic below shows a short piece of 22-3 wire, but you will need about 4 ft of 22-3 wire to run the wire from the footwell fuse box to the location I have or less if you have the switch closer.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX AllOn-00sm

======================

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX AllOn-01sm

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX AllOn-02sm

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX AllOn-06sm

Last edited:

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
'ALL ON' Interior Light Mod
This is one of the wife's favorite mods that I tend to do on about every vehicle I own.
This 'ALL ON' Switch Mod gives you one switch that easily turns 'on' the interior lights, just like if you open a car door! AND it also turns 'on' any other lights you added to that circuit. So far I have added ice blue footwell, center console, and cubby LEDs.

AllOn-06sm.jpg
Can you explain how to add cup holder lights ? :)

OP
OP
ModMan

ModMan

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you explain how to add cup holder lights ? :)
===========================
I connected one of the cup holder LEDs along with the cubby LED to my footwell LED power. This way they come on when I open the door AND when I press my ALL-ON Light Switch.

I added another LED near the bottom of the console. This one I connected to the parking/running lights.

I prefer it this way, as I like the car interior dark at night and wanted the area under the arm rest to be illuminated so if the wife wants something under the arm rest, like some gum, she simply lifts the arm rest and can easily see without having to turn 'on' all the interior lights ;-)=

LEDs? There are soooo many color and size choices of LEDs these days. I sometimes use motorcycle license plate LEDs so you can direct the LED light and they already include a threaded bezel and LED.
And I also have several sizes of threaded LED bezels and LEDs so I just drill a hole for the bezel, silicone an LED into the bezel, and wire it up (which is what I did for this mod). Wire? I use 22/2 stranded security wire.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ModMan

ModMan

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Well, finally upgraded the exfoliating fabric 'loofa' center armrest with some Black Leather parts! :cool:

I can confirm the cheaper Honda Insight parts fit the Hatchback!
I got mine from oempartssource.com:

83441-TXM-A01ZA Armrest Assembly *NH900L* $44.55
83411-TXM-A11ZA Armrest Assembly, R Console *NH900L* $22.86
83416-TXM-A11ZA Armrest Assembly, L Console *NH900L* $22.86
83404-TBA-A01 Hinge, Torque $26.91
91560-SZW-003 Clip, Door Lining (Apple Green) $0.25

83503-TXM-A51ZA Armrest Assembly, R Front Door Lining *NH900L* $22.83
83553-TXM-A51ZA Armrest Assembly, L Front Door Lining *NH900L* $22.83

Below are some photos of the armrest console install. Note that I got the 'torque hinge' so the armrest won't slam shut. :) I will install the door armrests after I upgrade the speakers.
--Edit: I recently upgraded the speakers and amp, and realized I ordered the Insight armrests instead of the ones for the Hatch. Doh, they do NOT work. I will be getting the ones for the Hatch.
-- 83554-TGG-A61ZA Left Front door lining
-- 83504-TGG-A61ZA Right Front door lining
===============================

It is about a 15 min install.
First photo, I took off off the rear plastic as I am adding a torque hinge, so it's easier to just swap the original armrest with the new leather one. If you aren't adding the hinge, might just swap the tops of the armrest.
Second photo, the new armrest on top of the original.
Note: I already removed the oem armrest 'retaining clip and pin' to remove the armrest (super easy removal).

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX 0001sm

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX 0002sm

Below, a couple photos of the new torque hinge! It just slides in place and you add your own screw.
Note, in the second pic, see how the armrest stays open! Sweet, no more slamming shut!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX 0003sm

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX 0004sm

WoW :D
What an improvement!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX 0005

Last edited:

OP
OP
ModMan

ModMan

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Simple Sound System Upgrade

I didn't see a post where someone did a simple amp and speaker upgrade.

Yup, this upgrade has NO extra wires pulled throughout your car, NO extra battery, NO huge sub enclosures, NO massive amps under your seat or in your trunk/hatch, and NO, I didn't do the 'big three' (yet). LoL. :cool:

Here's what I did:
[ head unit removal video and pdf speaker diagram: HERE ]
- Sony XMS400D $140. [ crutchfield ]. This amplifier uses a 15 amp fuse, and says it gives you 45 rms per speaker. I don't really know. I have used this amp before and gives great boost and sound clarity with upgraded speakers. Another reason I like this amp... it is small and easily fits behind head unit, so no need to run wires under a seat, or run wires to the trunk/hatch, or run wires to the battery! Nice!
Okay, once the head unit is removed, I cut and spliced in the amp wires, then I padded a spot behind the head unit and tucked in the amp. I ran the power and remote wires to drivers fuse box, and used add-a-fuse connectors. NO additional wire needed!
- Polk DB6501 component speakers for front doors $120. I used zip ties to attach the crossover on the doors' white plastic weather cover thing. It is recessed a bit, so it fits nice, and the wires easily connect to it.
- Polk DB571s coax for the rear doors. I got em for $50.
- And four of each: Speaker adapters, Speaker Harness, and Speaker Baffles. (note: pretty sure you can get the adapters and harness free from crutchfield IF you order speakers from them). FWIW, I stuck a piece of kilmat over the speaker opening, and then attached the speaker adapters onto the door. Then inserted the foam speaker baffles and screwed on the speakers. No problem with fitment!
- Kilmat Sound Deadening in all the doors.

No photos, will be removing door panels in a couple weeks to add new leather arm rests, might snap some photos if anyone is interested.

Note: I bought most of my parts on amazon. I encourage readers to check online for best prices. And as most already know, Crutchfield tends to give you adapters free when you buy their speakers.

Last edited:

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
3rd Brake Light Flasher mod
Nothing but rain all day today, but my flasher module finally arrived. Now the 3rd brake light flashes a few times when you hit the brakes.
Simply snip the oem wires, and insert the module in-between.
About $10 for the module and an hour install.

ThirdBrakeLightFlash-02sm.jpg

ThirdBrakeLightFlash-01sm.jpg
where can i get the module? Thank you!

OP
OP
ModMan

ModMan

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Finally a few warm days in the 70s here in the pacific 'northwet' to finish up the interior soundproofing. Now it is back in the 40-50s. Last year I did all the doors when I upgraded the sound system. Oh, and yes, I currently live in the 'northwet' where it tends to be quit cool with a LOT of rain. Boy do I miss FL. ;)

Some might not agree with the time involved in adding soundproofing... but for me door and floor soundproofing are a must in these very 'tinny' cars. To me it does a great job reducing road noises, but installation is not so good on my old knees and back. Whew, got it. :D

There are a lot of choices in soundproofing/deadening materials for cars these days.... I researched the interweb and decided to go with Kilmat and Noico Red on top.

Edit: had a pm question and decided to update this post on what I used. I used 2 boxes of Kilmat 80 mil 36 sqft and 2 boxes of Noico red 150 mil 36 sqft. They did the firewall all the way to the rear end. Now, I also did the doors with Kilmat... but I had extra kilmat from another project, so I don't think 2 boxes of kilmat will do floors and doors. Hope this helps others.

Here's some photos :)

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX IMG_1543sm

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX IMG_1547sm

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX IMG_1548sm

----------------------------------
And since I had the console out again.... figured I might as well add a 12v acc outlet to the back side of the console ;-)=

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatchback EX IMG_1549sm

Last edited: