2020 Hatch Sport Front Lip Recommendations

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Looking for recommendations on a solid piece lip (preferably gloss black or CF) in the style of the pic here (but for a 2020 Hatch Sport). I don't have a type R front, but I like the little wings on this style lip. I also don't want anything that sticks out so far that I'll have to use those rods that all the fancy cars seem to have. I've been looking all over, but not knowing much about Civics or cars in general limits what I can just go and confidently purchase online. Help!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatch Sport Front Lip Recommendations 23916539_1663915463668866_7027567490485338751_o-
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

AmaiX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
BaysonR, TR style lip for si. Although it’s not a 100% flush fit, it fits and looks wonderful. Almost oem-ish.. Alternatively Absdynamic make TypeR lips.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatch Sport Front Lip Recommendations E7CA96BE-F609-41C0-A6D6-BAD074CE8402

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatch Sport Front Lip Recommendations 326C5F7E-2A85-45CC-B4AA-BEF6348B45EB

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll have to get it painted, but this is the one I just got: https://absdynamics.com/collections...en-5d-type-r-style-front-front-lip-unpaint-pp

It's fantastic. Comes with a new lower grille and splash guard as well and replaces everything very nicely. I'm in it for like $250 including getting it painted at a shop. Fitment is freaking spot on, all the holes line up and everything to reuse body clips. No drilling into anything. You do screw the lip to the lower grille piece but it's part of this package, not a stock part of the car, so it's kinda irrelevant. Just holds it together even better. I'm kind of surprised how cheap it is for the high quality product you get...

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatch Sport Front Lip Recommendations IMG_20200322_165316
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Hatch Sport Front Lip Recommendations IMG_20200322_165256__01

Edit: Changed the link top the right lip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You'll have to get it painted, but this is the one I just got: http://www.socalaccessories.com/201...tchback-and-si-type-r-style-front-bumper-lip/

It's fantastic. Comes with a new lower grille and splash guard as well and replaces everything very nicely. I'm in it for like $250 including getting it painted at a shop. Fitment is freaking spot on, all the holes line up and everything to reuse body clips. No drilling into anything. You do screw the lip to the lower grille piece but it's part of this package, not a stock part of the car, so it's kinda irrelevant. Just holds it together even better. I'm kind of surprised how cheap it is for the high quality product you get...

IMG_20200322_165316.jpg
IMG_20200322_165256__01.jpg
Thanks for this info. I'm leaning towards the one you got. How was the install? I'm handy, but know nothing about cars. Would it be difficult to install myself? Did you have to take off the bumper?

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for this info. I'm leaning towards the one you got. How was the install? I'm handy, but know nothing about cars. Would it be difficult to install myself? Did you have to take off the bumper?
I researched front lips for the Sport models for months before buying this, because the stock lip is part of the guard underneath so if you take it off you need to put something back there to cover it. This lip does that PERFECTLY. I actually reached out to one of the members here who installed it and he gave me the details... Needless to say it was on order that afternoon after a few questions were answered and he sent some pictures.

I'm extremely new to modding cars myself. You do take the bumper off, but it's easy. I'd describe myself the same, machining background so I'm fairly handy but new to cars, so you'll be fine. There are videos on youtube that do a great job showing you which fasteners to remove at the front of the engine bay and underneath. I did the install in about an hour and a half and that was taking extra time, making sure I was doing everything correctly. You could probably pay the body shop you get it painted at to install it for not too much money (maybe 100 or 150 since you already got it painted there) if you're really concerned, but it's really not bad. Just make sure you have a blanket or something to rest it on as it comes off, and you'll need something to prop it up at a certain angle for part of the install. Oh, and don't forget about the fog lights lol. I almost ripped my cables - forgot they were still attached once I got all the clips out! Also, you can do this with one person, I did not need a second hand. Would definitely make it easier but if you put a body clip back in place at the top of the bumper it will hold it up for you nicely.

Feel free to reach out if you end up grabbing this one, I can walk you through what I did and help you out with any questions. Oh and the brass screws go in the middle part... I used the longer black ones and broke through the middle front part of the channel where the red stripe goes. Luckily, the stripe covers the holes, but that was still not fun to see when I flipped it over after screwing the grille into the lip.

OP
OP
teachers2020hatch
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I researched front lips for the Sport models for months before buying this, because the stock lip is part of the guard underneath so if you take it off you need to put something back there to cover it. This lip does that PERFECTLY. I actually reached out to one of the members here who installed it and he gave me the details... Needless to say it was on order that afternoon after a few questions were answered and he sent some pictures.

I'm extremely new to modding cars myself. You do take the bumper off, but it's easy. I'd describe myself the same, machining background so I'm fairly handy but new to cars, so you'll be fine. There are videos on youtube that do a great job showing you which fasteners to remove at the front of the engine bay and underneath. I did the install in about an hour and a half and that was taking extra time, making sure I was doing everything correctly. You could probably pay the body shop you get it painted at to install it for not too much money (maybe 100 or 150 since you already got it painted there) if you're really concerned, but it's really not bad. Just make sure you have a blanket or something to rest it on as it comes off, and you'll need something to prop it up at a certain angle for part of the install. Oh, and don't forget about the fog lights lol. I almost ripped my cables - forgot they were still attached once I got all the clips out! Also, you can do this with one person, I did not need a second hand. Would definitely make it easier but if you put a body clip back in place at the top of the bumper it will hold it up for you nicely.

Feel free to reach out if you end up grabbing this one, I can walk you through what I did and help you out with any questions. Oh and the brass screws go in the middle part... I used the longer black ones and broke through the middle front part of the channel where the red stripe goes. Luckily, the stripe covers the holes, but that was still not fun to see when I flipped it over after screwing the grille into the lip.
I just ordered it. I've been looking everywhere, and you're feedback has really helped me determine this is the one to go with. My mechanic, who's going to do my wheels, lowering, sway bar, might be able to do it for me. I definitely want to get it painted though. I see a lot of people just mounting it unpainted, but it seems very unfinished IMO. Once I get it painted, I'll shoot you a PM if you don't mind.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just ordered it. I've been looking everywhere, and you're feedback has really helped me determine this is the one to go with. My mechanic, who's going to do my wheels, lowering, sway bar, might be able to do it for me. I definitely want to get it painted though. I see a lot of people just mounting it unpainted, but it seems very unfinished IMO. Once I get it painted, I'll shoot you a PM if you don't mind.
Sweet deal! Like I said that's pretty much what happened with me. Once I was satisfied with how it went together and having my questions answered I pulled the trigger. I assure you, you will not be disappointed haha. It looks amazing. It's crazy how good the fit is, you just re-use the body clips with the rest of the underbody guarding / skid plate piece.

Thank goodness you want it painted. Drives me nuts seeing people leave large body accessories unpainted... sticks out like a sore thumb since it doesn't match the rest of the gloss black trim. Definitely shoot me a PM, more than happy to help! Cheers!

Wussymancer

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hatchback Sport SonicPearl
Country flag
I'm interested in this as well. Please keep us posted once installed. I would like to ask some questions afterward. Thank you

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested in this as well. Please keep us posted once installed. I would like to ask some questions afterward. Thank you
Feel free to PM me, I just installed this last weekend. Or you can ask here doesn't matter I'll help out how I can either way!

Wussymancer

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Feel free to PM me, I just installed this last weekend. Or you can ask here doesn't matter I'll help out how I can either way!
Can you post some pictures underneath? Did you record the installation? I also have a 2020 sport hatchbacks, so do I need to remove the old lip or is it attached on top of it? I'm actually new to car mods so I'm just worry I might not able to do it without professional help.

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you post some pictures underneath? Did you record the installation? I also have a 2020 sport hatchbacks, so do I need to remove the old lip or is it attached on top of it? I'm actually new to car mods so I'm just worry I might not able to do it without professional help.[/QU
No pics underneath unfortunately, and no video because it was a rush job, hence why I "screwed" up and used the wrong hardware lol.

You take the stock lip off. The stock lip is one piece, and stretches almost all the way from side to side of the vehicle and goes from the bumper back about 10" or so and meets the metal shield below your oil filter. Basically, it's a plastic splash guard and the front part of it sits under the bumper so it looks like the "stock front lip" even though in my opinion there's really nothing there haha, just two little black lines. You pull this whole piece off, and then you pull out the lower grille. They send you a new grille which you screw into the actual new front lip, and then they also send you a new splash guard so everything is still covered up.Those 3 new pieces (lip, grille, and splash guard) replace the 1 piece stock front lip. Everything lines up perfectly, and you don't have to modify anything on the car. So you could take this off, put the stock one back on to sell or trade the car, and be able to sell this front lip and make some money back.

Don't paint the grille, the other honeycombs on our cars aren't painted. Well you have a 2020 so it might look fine since you have no other honeycombs in the front. Your back ones will still be unpainted honeycombs however so it may be wise to stay unpainted so it matches across the whole car.

I am also extremely new to mods. I have installed the mud flaps which just require you to take out the fender liner fasteners and reach under the back bumper for the rears for an additional mounting point. I installed the 2020 diffuser. That's literally all I've done haha and I was able to get this lip on in like an hour and a half. You'll need a blanket to let the bumper down onto, and then something the size of a small coleman rolling cooler or something, maybe like 18" tall or so, to rest it on during one part of the lip install where you screw the different new pieces together. If I was able to do this, I have faith that just about anyone can. Just take your time - seriously because I tried to be careful taking everything off and still did it in an hour and a half... those body clips directly under the lights are tricky though, I actually snapped one lol. But anyways, if you think you are willing to take a stab at it if someone tells you it's easy enough, I think you'll be able to do it no problem!

Link to the video I used is below! While I may not have my own video, this guy is freaking awesome, this video tells you everything you need to get the bumper off, and a few tips as well to make it easier. Like putting a clip or two back in the top of the bumper at the front of the engine bay as you actually pull it off (once you remove all clips) so that it doesn't just fall. If any of you guys get to the part where you are assembling the lip, because obviously this video is for a different lip, and are confused just post here. They don't send instructions. The only thing I would say is necessary info that would be useful in an instruction is to use the brass screws where the grille attaches to the lip, and then you use the black self-tapping screws which are longer to screw that new splash guard into the new lip. The black ones are too long to attach the lip to the grille, and will stick out the front of the lip, poking right through your nice red pinstripe. It hurt me to see that on the freshly painted lip :(

I think that should cover you... if you have anything else ask away man!

Edit: Moved the video to the bottom instead of mid-paragraph lol.

Wussymancer

First Name
Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No pics underneath unfortunately, and no video because it was a rush job, hence why I "screwed" up and used the wrong hardware lol.

You take the stock lip off. The stock lip is one piece, and stretches almost all the way from side to side of the vehicle and goes from the bumper back about 10" or so and meets the metal shield below your oil filter. Basically, it's a plastic splash guard and the front part of it sits under the bumper so it looks like the "stock front lip" even though in my opinion there's really nothing there haha, just two little black lines. You pull this whole piece off, and then you pull out the lower grille. They send you a new grille which you screw into the actual new front lip, and then they also send you a new splash guard so everything is still covered up.Those 3 new pieces (lip, grille, and splash guard) replace the 1 piece stock front lip. Everything lines up perfectly, and you don't have to modify anything on the car. So you could take this off, put the stock one back on to sell or trade the car, and be able to sell this front lip and make some money back.

Don't paint the grille, the other honeycombs on our cars aren't painted. Well you have a 2020 so it might look fine since you have no other honeycombs in the front. Your back ones will still be unpainted honeycombs however so it may be wise to stay unpainted so it matches across the whole car.

I am also extremely new to mods. I have installed the mud flaps which just require you to take out the fender liner fasteners and reach under the back bumper for the rears for an additional mounting point. I installed the 2020 diffuser. That's literally all I've done haha and I was able to get this lip on in like an hour and a half. You'll need a blanket to let the bumper down onto, and then something the size of a small coleman rolling cooler or something, maybe like 18" tall or so, to rest it on during one part of the lip install where you screw the different new pieces together. If I was able to do this, I have faith that just about anyone can. Just take your time - seriously because I tried to be careful taking everything off and still did it in an hour and a half... those body clips directly under the lights are tricky though, I actually snapped one lol. But anyways, if you think you are willing to take a stab at it if someone tells you it's easy enough, I think you'll be able to do it no problem!

Link to the video I used is below! While I may not have my own video, this guy is freaking awesome, this video tells you everything you need to get the bumper off, and a few tips as well to make it easier. Like putting a clip or two back in the top of the bumper at the front of the engine bay as you actually pull it off (once you remove all clips) so that it doesn't just fall. If any of you guys get to the part where you are assembling the lip, because obviously this video is for a different lip, and are confused just post here. They don't send instructions. The only thing I would say is necessary info that would be useful in an instruction is to use the brass screws where the grille attaches to the lip, and then you use the black self-tapping screws which are longer to screw that new splash guard into the new lip. The black ones are too long to attach the lip to the grille, and will stick out the front of the lip, poking right through your nice red pinstripe. It hurt me to see that on the freshly painted lip :(

I think that should cover you... if you have anything else ask away man!

Edit: Moved the video to the bottom instead of mid-paragraph lol.
Much appreciated for all the info. Let me watch some mlre video on YouTube to build my confident first before I order it lol
Sponsored