2020 Full shifter setup - Anyone?

turboR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR #18775 / 2002 NB Miata (track car)
Country flag
The correct shift boot came in!!!

20200625_120206.jpg
Looks great! Where did you order from? I don't want to order from a place that had an issue with the 2019 mix ups. Im also wondering if this will work with the height of the Mugen shifter as that is what I am upgrading to with the Mugen Carbon knob and J's Racing boot collar. Thanks!

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Looks great! Where did you order from? I don't want to order from a place that had an issue with the 2019 mix ups. Im also wondering if this will work with the height of the Mugen shifter as that is what I am upgrading to with the Mugen Carbon knob and J's Racing boot collar. Thanks!
Onlinehondaparts.com

Everywhere had the mix up. I think things are being fixed still. But my contact at that online dealership is aware of the changes, and she contacted me when she got the correct boot in.

It will work with the Mugen shifter. I plan to use it with the HR shifter at its lowest setting.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Replaced my Sweidit shift boot with the 2020 shift boot. Using Hybrid Racing shifter.

20200626_165020.jpg

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
how do you like the Hybrid shifter?
It's definitely an upgrade over OEM, coming from it with the Acuity upgrades. It's smooth. Sometimes but rarely, due to the narrow gate spacing, I will misshift going into 4th. It never did this with the OEM shifter. I just ordered the stiffer spring from HR, which I read will prevent this.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
It's definitely an upgrade over OEM, coming from it with the Acuity upgrades. It's smooth. Sometimes but rarely, due to the narrow gate spacing, I will misshift going into 4th. It never did this with the OEM shifter. I just ordered the stiffer spring from HR, which I read will prevent this.
good to know! I went for a cruise over the weekend and met up with some folks, one guy had the HR short shift and he let me get a feel for it while parked, it is incredibly short and can see how that would happen. I did order the short shifter and a new knob (because why not? lol) and I may have to look into the stiffer spring before the items arrive so I don't have to take it apart again. Thanks!

*Edit: was it this: https://www.hybrid-racing.com/products/hybrid-racing-heavy-duty-gear-selector-springs

Last edited:

Sunnybwoy

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2007 SSM AP2
Country flag
Hi, anyone knows if the RHD lever assembly is the same part number?
2019 RHD uk spec car:
Having just finished installing the shifter assembly after 2 month wait for part from America, I can confirm that the shifter assembly part number listed above doesn’t work with our cars, as the shifter rod is curved excessively to the left hand side and when reinstalling the centre console it rubs on the left edge of the console/shift boot rendering 1/2nd gear un-engageable. Wish I knew this before, alas, I suppose I will await the official update to our UK 2020/2021 models as the shifting was nice and short. For confirmation, the Alcantara shift boot, shift knob and locking nut listed above however do work with our cars.
I hope I am able to save someone else with a UK spec car the hassle.

Funny how the car is made here but we’re the last customer base considered when they update it ie. 2019 radio knobs, climate buttons, Alcantara wheel, updated shifter and boot. Oh well.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2019 RHD uk spec car:
Having just finished installing the shifter assembly after 2 month wait for part from America, I can confirm that the shifter assembly part number listed above doesn’t work with our cars, as the shifter rod is curved excessively to the left hand side and when reinstalling the centre console it rubs on the left edge of the console/shift boot rendering 1/2nd gear un-engageable. Wish I knew this before, alas, I suppose I will await the official update to our UK 2020/2021 models as the shifting was nice and short. For confirmation, the Alcantara shift boot, shift knob and locking nut listed above however do work with our cars.
I hope I am able to save someone else with a UK spec car the hassle.

Funny how the car is made here but we’re the last customer base considered when they update it ie. 2019 radio knobs, climate buttons, Alcantara wheel, updated shifter and boot. Oh well.
Yes, same reason why a Mugen shifter from Japan will not work for LHD. Mugen specifically made a LHD short shifter and only distributed by King Motorsports (official North America Mugen distributer). It's all in the bend.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I love the 2020 shifter. It's shorter and feels so much better in the hand than the round shift knob. I can rest the bottom of my hand on the boot and have my thumb over top of shift knob. It just needs some springs, bushings, and synchromesh MTF

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I can't seem to find any good write up, start to finish, on swapping out the pre 2020 shift assembly with the new 2020/2021 shift assembly. If anyone has done this and followed a YouTube video or write up, please share. I've never done this before but just ordered the parts. Thanks

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
leaving a message to follow this thread. might try and do this while i have the car torn apart
Sponsored