EdG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
In the first post, part #3 is the boot. But from what I understand, Honda isn’t shipping the correct alcantara boot yet, so hold off.
Please let us know when the 2020 boot starts shipping. I will hold off until then.
Sponsored

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Any word if this is fixed yet??
Doubt it. I would suggest following AFHK parts to determine if this issue has been corrected. I am. AFHK is usually good at keeping up with the parts.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Does part 3 (shift boot) come with both the boot and the plastic panel? At $75, I feel like we 17-19 got ripped off for paying almost $100 for an aftermarket alcantara shift boot. LOL

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Does part 3 (shift boot) come with both the boot and the plastic panel? At $75, I feel like we 17-19 got ripped off for paying almost $100 for an aftermarket alcantara shift boot. LOL
Yes. When did you pay for the Alcantera boot, before or after the 2020's were announced? If it was anytime recent, a lot of the people who sell the parts kind of admit that if you want black with red stitching it's much cheaper to go OEM than through them. Granted, most, if not all, of us who ordered the 2020 boot are still waiting for it to come since Honda really messed up shipping them :(

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't believe you can buy the shift boot alone. It comes with the escutcheon (surround panel).

Here's one for '17 - '19.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Full shifter setup - Anyone? 1589518106925

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Yes. When did you pay for the Alcantera boot, before or after the 2020's were announced? If it was anytime recent, a lot of the people who sell the parts kind of admit that if you want black with red stitching it's much cheaper to go OEM than through them. Granted, most, if not all, of us who ordered the 2020 boot are still waiting for it to come since Honda really messed up shipping them :(
Oh man, I’m crying right now. I just got mine alcantara boot from Overland earlier this week. It was $85 + shipping. I was waiting for the OEM one to come out, but my patience got the best of me. How did Honda mess up shipping them? Did they ship the ‘19 one? I think due to the pandemic, they probably don’t have enough supply so they ship out whatever in the inventory thinking customers just want the part, not specially the alcantara boot.

I don't believe you can buy the shift boot alone. It comes with the escutcheon (surround panel).

Here's one for '17 - '19.
1589518106925.png
Yeah, make sense. The boot is held up by staple so it’s hard to install it using staple. I used glue gun when I installed the Overland one earlier this week.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Oh man, I’m crying right now. I just got mine alcantara boot from Overland earlier this week. It was $85 + shipping. I was waiting for the OEM one to come out, but my patience got the best of me. How did Honda mess up shipping them? Did they ship the ‘19 one? I think due to the pandemic, they probably don’t have enough supply so they ship out whatever in the inventory thinking customers just want the part, not specially the alcantara boot.

Yeah, make sense. The boot is held up by staple so it’s hard to install it using staple. I used glue gun when I installed the Overland one earlier this week.
They shipped the 2019 shift boot in a box with the 2020 part number. This affected a lot of the US. I know Cali had issues, and I was in Illinois when I got two incorrect ones. Unfortunately it can take Honda little while to deal with the issue, even during normal times.

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
They shipped the 2019 shift boot in a box with the 2020 part number. This affected a lot of the US. I know Cali had issues, and I was in Illinois when I got two incorrect ones. Unfortunately it can take Honda little while to deal with the issue, even during normal times.
And Honda released the part number for the 2020 boot from back order in late March. Of course, it is the 17-19 boot. So I don't expect things to be fixed for a while.

For those interested in the 2020 boot, I would follow AFKH Honda on Instagram. They were the first ones to catch the mistake in February, and as soon as the Alcantara boots are released they will probably be the first ones to post it up.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
And Honda released the part number for the 2020 boot from back order in late March. Of course, it is the 17-19 boot. So I don't expect things to be fixed for a while.

For those interested in the 2020 boot, I would follow AFKH Honda on Instagram. They were the first ones to catch the mistake in February, and as soon as the Alcantara boots are released they will probably be the first ones to post it up.
My order is through a dealership right now, my friend is the parts guy there. Thanks for the info though :D

Kane301

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru STi Limited
Country flag

Can you post the original instagram name or link? It didn't show up for me.