HarrO

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
I have been looking around for an aftermarket exhaust system for my 2020 Civic EX Hatchback, and I have only come across the BLOX exhaust system, which I am not the biggest fan of. I have seen in previous threads that people sometimes do custom piping, or adapt an exhaust meant for another trim to the EX hatch (specifically the MagnaFlow part #19312). If anyone has adapted an exhaust system, how much work was it to make it work? I'll probably just have it done by a muffler shop anyways, but I don't want it to be a chore for them. I know some people just get muffler deletes, but I am anticipating that it would be too loud/drone-y for my taste, but I'm not sure, so I am curious what you all have done.
Sponsored

RunRiot_FK7

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EX Hatch, 17 Chevy SS 6MT, 15 Lexus RCF
Country flag
I have a 2018 EX Hatchback currently I am running a catless downpipe from Megan Racing, with a stock front pipe. Replaced the resonator for a Vibrant Ultra Quiet (1141) and magnaflow mufflers (x2) #11365.
Overall the tone is great as I was going for a deeper non fart cannon sound while driving. Drone isnt that bad to be honest. When I roll down my windows while driving I hear my intake much louder than the exhaust when I gun it. But when the windows are up there is a slight drone but honestly its not bad, quiet enough to where you can have a normal conversation without yelling but loud enough to hear your exhaust when driving.
I like my setup as it was less than 400 including parts and labor, but that varies everywhere.

OP
OP
HarrO

HarrO

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback
Country flag
I have a 2018 EX Hatchback currently I am running a catless downpipe from Megan Racing, with a stock front pipe. Replaced the resonator for a Vibrant Ultra Quiet (1141) and magnaflow mufflers (x2) #11365.
Overall the tone is great as I was going for a deeper non fart cannon sound while driving. Drone isnt that bad to be honest. When I roll down my windows while driving I hear my intake much louder than the exhaust when I gun it. But when the windows are up there is a slight drone but honestly its not bad, quiet enough to where you can have a normal conversation without yelling but loud enough to hear your exhaust when driving.
I like my setup as it was less than 400 including parts and labor, but that varies everywhere.
Did you get custom piping for the muffler and resonator that you bought? Or did you reuse the stock pipes?

RunRiot_FK7

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 EX Hatch, 17 Chevy SS 6MT, 15 Lexus RCF
Country flag
Reused the stock pipes, a direct replacement. Although the person welding the mufflers on would most likely need to lift up the mufflers a bit higher if you are lowered like me. Just to not scrape on weird driveways or roads.

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Hey, I have a 2020 Ex Hatch and run a AFE Takeda Exhaust meant for sedan but made it fit on my hatch with no modifications. The sound wasn't to my liking so I did a muffler delete and a different resonator install on it with stock dp and fp. The sound difference is much louder and when flooring it, it is really really loud haha.

dxdean3ux

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey, I have a 2020 Ex Hatch and run a AFE Takeda Exhaust meant for sedan but made it fit on my hatch with no modifications. The sound wasn't to my liking so I did a muffler delete and a different resonator install on it with stock dp and fp. The sound difference is much louder and when flooring it, it is really really loud haha.
So the sedan exhaust lined right up with all the hangers on your hatch? I got a 2018 hatch and all the info I’ve found on sedan exhausts fitting the hatches hanger wise has been hit and miss on answers lol

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2018 EX-L hatch and just last Saturday did the Type R "style" rear diffuser / exhaust cutout swap, then took it to an exhaust shop to have my mufflers deleted. They cut just past the stock Y pipe, then ran pipes straight back and up into the exhaust cutout. Spare tire cage is not a problem.

Edit: Cost $300 exactly for the labor and two 3" tips for the exhaust. Still running stock resonator but about to delete it and run catted but straight piped for a while, see how I feel. Car sounds good with just muffler delete.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 EX Hatch exhaust system options photo_2022-03-26_13-41-38

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 EX Hatch exhaust system options photo_2022-03-26_17-37-29

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 EX Hatch exhaust system options photo_2022-03-26_18-48-01

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 EX Hatch exhaust system options photo_2022-03-26_18-48-05

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
So the sedan exhaust lined right up with all the hangers on your hatch? I got a 2018 hatch and all the info I’ve found on sedan exhausts fitting the hatches hanger wise has been hit and miss on answers lol
Sedan Exhausts do fit with no modifications on the Hatch but there is only three problems. In the midsection of the exhaust the hanger placement is different on both cars but I didn't cut it or anything and just left it hanging which did not create any problems so you'll be fine. There will be a metal piece holding the exhaust I think but it is in the way so I removed the metal plate and again it doesn't affect the car at all so you'll be fine. Third of all, the exhaust tips will stick out a bit, I got a diffuser from DownForce solutions to hide the enormous mufflers and eventually did a muffler delete later on.

Here's the link to my post, the sound clip is my exhaust with mufflers on, I can include a new sound clip if you'd like with muffler delete.

kiraaaaa

First Name
kira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatchback ex
Sedan Exhausts do fit with no modifications on the Hatch but there is only three problems. In the midsection of the exhaust the hanger placement is different on both cars but I didn't cut it or anything and just left it hanging which did not create any problems so you'll be fine. There will be a metal piece holding the exhaust I think but it is in the way so I removed the metal plate and again it doesn't affect the car at all so you'll be fine. Third of all, the exhaust tips will stick out a bit, I got a diffuser from DownForce solutions to hide the enormous mufflers and eventually did a muffler delete later on.

Here's the link to my post, the sound clip is my exhaust with mufflers on, I can include a new sound clip if you'd like with muffler delete.
did u go with a axle or cat back exhaust it sounds pretty nice

kiraaaaa

First Name
kira
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatchback ex
It is said to be a cat back but really it’s the exhaust till the front pipe. I did a muffler delete instead and it’s way louder than before
do u have a video of a sound without the mufflers id love to hear

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
do u have a video of a sound without the mufflers id love to hear
I have a video of just muffler delete on my '18 Civic EX-L hatchback 1.5T.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is this with the new exhaust ?
This is just muffler delete. Stock downpipe w/ catalytic converter, and the resonator are still on the car in this clip.

fk7blue

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
I too have an ex I had a shop re route it perfectly. Bought a 2020 sport diffuser and had the shop custom do itn

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 EX Hatch exhaust system options E2F11531-0B1B-4403-8841-562E840E6E58
Sponsored