2020 CTR Test Drive/Reviews???

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I just test drove a 2020 and found what @Rottboy noted, that the car felt identical to the 2019 under normal driving conditions (throttle response, brake feel, steering response, body response). Only difference I could observe was the engine noise piped into the cabin. I thought it sounded a little synthetic, but I could also see folks liking it.

I didn’t particularly care for the new steering wheel since the fake suede material will surely get gross over time.

I guess this is pretty obvious, but I figure the modifications will mainly be felt under track conditions with the hopefully improved braking and thermal management.
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I just test drove a 2020 and found what @Rottboy noted, that the car felt identical to the 2019 under normal driving conditions (throttle response, brake feel, steering response, body response). Only difference I could observe was the engine noise piped into the cabin. I thought it sounded a little synthetic, but I could also see folks liking it.

I didn’t particularly care for the new steering wheel since the fake suede material will surely get gross over time.

I guess this is pretty obvious, but I figure the modifications will mainly be felt under track conditions with the hopefully improved braking and thermal management.
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I was a little surprised the dealer let you test drive the car. Seems like most dealers want a down payment before allowing test drives.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I was a little surprised the dealer let you test drive the car. Seems like most dealers want a down payment before allowing test drives.
Yeah, I was surprised, too! I even got to test drive it alone for safety reasons.

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Active sound definitely sounds synthetic to my ears, mainly because the exhaust sound feels like it's coming right inside the cabin instead of traveling from back of the car naturally to you ear kind of thing. I haven't yanked it yet because of break-in period so I don't know how revving higher RPM sounds like.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Active sound definitely sounds synthetic to my ears, mainly because the exhaust sound feels like it's coming right inside the cabin instead of traveling from back of the car naturally to you ear kind of thing. I haven't yanked it yet because of break-in period so I don't know how revving higher RPM sounds like.
This exactly.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackjunkies.org
Vehicle(s)
08 S2000 CR / 99 Spec Miata / 99 WRL Miata / 18 Type R
Country flag
+1 for track feedback whenever someone does it. I anxiously await it...specifically high temp mitigation with improved front design. This car, while I love it, was not meant for hot and humid climates at the track. I would definitely make the jump to a MY20 if it meant being able to run without worry.
Sponsored