First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After searching for a few hours and not finding more than one source of information, I decided I would be THAT guy that posts something about it. While this was in the process of my entire Audio system build, I felt obliged to make this its own segment, I discovered it after searching through pages and pages of forums / eventually through multiple pages of PDF's for the official maintenance manuals. I believe this will be useful for ALL 2016-2020 coupes, not just the 2020, for those wishing to install their own speaker wire in their car and need to remove their Rear Seat. and rear corner panels without breaking anything

drop down rear seats, and remove the 3-4 bolts that hold the seat backs in place, then remove a single Bolt behind the drivers seat, around a loop that holds the seat in place in the back
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Coupe Rear Seat Removal PXL_20210517_213518831

after removing the bolt, proceed to lift up the front of the seat enough to look under each side's middle area for these unique clips. these hold 2 hooks that are attached to the bottom of the seat. Loop from seat slides into them and holds it down, just pull the white parts toward the front of the vehicle and raise the seat per side, it was quite a tight fit for my poor fingers.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Coupe Rear Seat Removal PXL_20210517_215443857
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Coupe Rear Seat Removal PXL_20210517_215450000

I hope this post finds its way to future coupe owners who wish to dive as deep into this car as i have over the past week, I'll post more pictures of my project in a few in another post.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Coupe Rear Seat Removal PXL_20210517_215409368

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and now you have space for a mattress and you can live in your car :)
Thanks for this!
i wonder if it's possible to remove more of the stuff that is blocking the access between the trunk area and the rear area?...or is it all metal from the shell itself?...i wonder.

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Thanks for the information.

I just had an aftermarket amp installed in the trunk of my '20 SI coupe. After I picked the car up from the shop, I noticed that the extreme right and left of the bench seat near the side interior panels are "floppy" for lack of a better word. Is this normal or did I just not notice this before?

Thanks in advance for your response.

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you talking about the seat cushion itself? I would check for those 2 clips under the seat - they likely might have not known about how to unhook it and might have just ripped them out and broken the hooks in your seat. get a flash light and pry your way under the seat as carefully as you can, it should be barely possible to squeeze your 2 fingers in there to unhook it for that clip i showed. The bottom seat cushion is only held in by those 2 clips and the single screw in the back drivers side area.

OP
OP
Alphaskoom

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
and now you have space for a mattress and you can live in your car :)
Thanks for this!
i wonder if it's possible to remove more of the stuff that is blocking the access between the trunk area and the rear area?...or is it all metal from the shell itself?...i wonder.
its all metal. Once you remove the rear deck cover and side panels and carpeting - theres nothing else to remove, the whole back of the car is all spot welded togther. My other forum post shows how the back looks with the rest of the interior removed back here. I can message you if you want a direct link to it. its in the "builds" subforum.
Sponsored