Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
I am pretty sure you cannot do that since Hondata would support 2020 remote clone to swap 2017-2019 ecu into 2020
No, that would be a 'remote clone', which is not the same as a regular jailbreak or instant jailbreak. We're not offering remote clone for the 2020.
Any luck on doing the jailbreak remotely on a 2020 CTR? Maybe in 1-2 months?
Sponsored

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I wonder how many other 2020 CTR owners are watching this thread (and other sites) waiting to hear the news about ECU unlocking... either with shipping it in or instant jailbreak. My wallet is ready ;) ?

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update from Hondata yesterday on their forums...

We are going to process the jailbreaks on Wednesdays, so the ECU would need to be sent Monday to arrive Tuesday. The ECU would be then sent on Thursday which should arrive Friday in the lower 48.

The instructions and form to fill out are still a couple of days away, and will be on our main website.

FK8Guy

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8
Country flag
Can't do remote clones with the 2020 ECU.
Is there a possibility in the future?

Also when shipping the ECU do you accept Fedex or USPS or UPS? What do you prefer?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We do not know if we will be able to do remote clones.

FedEx and UPS both will work. USPS is less reliable timewise but I don't think any packages have ever been lost.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In case others are curious, my dealership (First Texas Honda in Austin) said they now offer the 2020 FK8 jailbreak service. They essentially have to mail it in, same as what I would do. However, they charge $350 ($50 more than Hondata) but include the labor of removing, mailing, re-installing the ECU and a loaner car. I'm going to go that route this week.

Just wanted to let folks know that you may want to check with your dealership to see if they have a similar service.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
In case others are curious, my dealership (First Texas Honda in Austin) said they now offer the 2020 FK8 jailbreak service. They essentially have to mail it in, same as what I would do. However, they charge $350 ($50 more than Hondata) but include the labor of removing, mailing, re-installing the ECU and a loaner car. I'm going to go that route this week.

Just wanted to let folks know that you may want to check with your dealership to see if they have a similar service.
Just to confirm, is the dealer still mailing it to Hondata? Hondata can only guarantee Flashpro will be compatible if they're the ones doing the jailbreak as far as I know.

Interesting that the dealership would be willing to be involved in voiding the manufacturer's warranty by providing this service though. Did they say jailbreaking would void your warranty?

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just to confirm, is the dealer still mailing it to Hondata? Hondata can only guarantee Flashpro will be compatible if they're the ones doing the jailbreak as far as I know.

Interesting that the dealership would be willing to be involved in voiding the manufacturer's warranty by providing this service though. Did they say jailbreaking would void your warranty?
Yes, my dealership will mail in the ECU to Hondata.

I wasn't going to ask about voiding the warranty, but they never brought it up in many of our conversations with each other.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn't you think they would add a lil note on your account that you are flashed via hondata? Why would you want your dealer to have this info? LOL
Sponsored