Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fixed it ... When I first installed it I unchecked every car but the type r ... Uninstalled and reinstalled but left every car checked. Now I can see the maps!!
Sponsored

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Select a vehicle and you should see them. If you have a FlashPro plugged in it will do that for you, but without a FlashPro you have to select the model & year.
The vehicle drop down is empty, but I think I figured out the issue.

When I initially installed FlashPro, I only selected FK8 2017. I reinstalled it and left everything checked and was able to select the vehicle.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Fixed it ... When I first installed it I unchecked every car but the type r ... Uninstalled and reinstalled but left every car checked. Now I can see the maps!!
haha, same. Sounds like a software bug. Maybe plugging in a FlashPro would resolve this.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
@Hondata, will instant jailbreak be available for the 2020 eventually? If so, do you have an ETA? I'm assuming instant jailbreak is still more cost efficient for the consumer since you don't have to pay for shipping fees.

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why not? We're basically looking for security flaws in the ECU in order to jailbreak it, and it there are no flaws to be found, then never is an acceptable answer for the time it will take.

We can jailbreak on our bench. But not in the vehicle.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I hope it happens sooner than later . . . I'll be one of the first in line to get it done!!

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Why not? We're basically looking for security flaws in the ECU in order to jailbreak it, and it there are no flaws to be found, then never is an acceptable answer for the time it will take.

We can jailbreak on our bench. But not in the vehicle.
As long as jail breaking in person works, that’s good enough for me. Just to confirm, you’re currently not taking ecu mail jailbreaking for the 2020, correct?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
With every new ECU, Hondata would have to deal with a new jailbreak as Honda would have patched their exploit used to get into the previous one(s). As exploits get patched, newer ones become more difficult to do. I know in the iOS/iPhone/iPad world of jailbreaking/rooting, a lot of developers now "hold onto" exploits to either release when the last version of a major (full-number) update comes out or the exploit gets patched by Apple by sheer luck since finding new ones became that much more difficult. As an architecture gets older finding new exploits will become increasingly difficult as holes are patched (both used and unused). It's a constant game of cat and mouse. I compared this to iOS/iPhone/iPad, but it can be applied to just about any architecture (Playstation, Xbox, Vita, DS, Wii, Switch, etc.). The time it takes to find a viable exploit, use it, and bundle it into an easy user application takes time.

Granted ECU is different than exploiting a phone or game system, they all do have their own challenges. I know for iPhone, there were some exploits that weren't persistent (they'd revert back to an unjailbroken state upon restart, so you'd need to rejailbreak after restarting the device).

HRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
@Hondata, will instant jailbreak be available for the 2020 eventually? If so, do you have an ETA? I'm assuming instant jailbreak is still more cost efficient for the consumer since you don't have to pay for shipping fees.
Thanks for posting the question. I had not caught that instant jailbreak was not available yet, when the 2020 Hondata availability came out. Bummer!