arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I assume the dealer can easily find out if you've jailbroken/tuned the ECU (even after reverting to stock) if they really wanted to in the case of a warranty claim. In this case, they know up front. Regardless, they should only be able to say the warranty is voided if they can prove the faulty parts are a result of the tune. It's a risk that all of us take with tuning, but probably more so for me since I'm spilling the beans up front with them ;)
Sponsored

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No way in hell I'd trust any dealer with that kind of information, but that's just me!!

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
No way in hell I'd trust any dealer with that kind of information, but that's just me!!
I just wouldn't want a service advisor to automatically conclude that my issue was the result of flashing the ecu, and then you have to explain to them how xyz wasn't related to the ecu flash.

Since there was no formal discussion or paperwork being signed about the flashing service, you could probably play dumb and blame the dealer if there was ever a warranty dispute.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Any new progress on 2020 instant jailbreak? I've got the hondata fuel system but can't use it :(. This is killing me @Hondata lol. It's very noticeable being down ~80 TQ. Can't wait to get that back and then some. The other day I threw on my gutted prl downpipe and charge pipe and intercooler kit. I've got a replacement titanium inlet and hvi on the way, huge shout out to Spencer @PRL Motorsports with the help getting me a new pipe and intake.

With the big catless downpipe, turbo blanket, downpipe blanket and the intercooler and charge pipe kit, turbo spool and throttle responsiveness is way up

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Any new progress on 2020 instant jailbreak? I've got the hondata fuel system but can't use it :(. This is killing me @Hondata lol. It's very noticeable being down ~80 TQ. Can't wait to get that back and then some. The other day I threw on my gutted prl downpipe and charge pipe and intercooler kit. I've got a replacement titanium inlet and hvi on the way, huge shout out to Spencer @PRL Motorsports with the help getting me a new pipe and intake.

With the big catless downpipe, turbo blanket, downpipe blanket and the intercooler and charge pipe kit, turbo spool and throttle responsiveness is way up
Motec is in stock

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Motec doesn't make sense for a street driven car unless you just have too much money to blow. At that point, you probably have a better daily car than an FK8.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag

Can you be without your car for 1-2 weeks and mail the ECU to them? Turnaround isn't too bad. You also get a nice little Hondata sticker on your ECU when you mail it in lol.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Can you be without your car for 1-2 weeks and mail the ECU to them? Turnaround isn't too bad. You also get a nice little Hondata sticker on your ECU when you mail it in lol.
Nope. Don't have the free time to do that. Plus the tail of the dragon event is coming up. Last time I just got a shop to jailbreak my ecu but with the 2020, Flashpro won't work unless hondata themselves jailbreaks it..... load of BS

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I plan to go KTuner, but was waiting for Hondata to release the remote for the 2020 so I do not have to ship it out.

dougnosser

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I think Hondata is about to release 2020 support. Cody Walker eluded to it when he was tuned recently. Hoping Hondata can confirm.

patrikspacek

First Name
Patrik
Threads
Reaction score
Website
patrikspacek.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2020
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R support 1597633667198

I am sending my TypeR 2020 ECU tmr to Hondata. I have Mishimoto Intercooler and AirIntake. Also PRL downpipe. Dont see that option :eek:) I always use 93 gas.
Sponsored