2020 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Country flag
So reading this batch of new reviews, the question you're left with is: Can you pull a fuse to kill the active sound augmentation? It's clear most reviewers hated it.

Everything else looks like a win, although it's Interesting that the reviewers often differed on which of the changes they noticed and which they didn't. The obvious need here is for someone to do a direct real-time comparison with a 2019 on road and track.

Last edited:

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
So reading the batch of new reviews, the question you're left with is: Can you pull a fuse to kill the active sound augmentation? It's clear most reviewers hated it.
You can unplug the module from behind the glovebox to disable ASC :)

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to know if the suspension is more compliant on the 2020 versus the pre 2020es.

The fake engine noise... not a fan of it. But I watched a review on the 2020 Si and that fake engine noise is much worse compared to the CTRs.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
thanks for all the links. now i have something to do at work. lol

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Coming from a 2015 Subaru WRX, I have about 1,100 miles on my 2020 CTR. So this is more comparison to WRX, not previous years of CTR.

CTR is certainly more impressive in terms of power, faster in a straight line and puts the power down well considering it's a FWD car. I feel the WRX was more forgiving due to the AWD. You could drive like a total ass and not worry about running off the road. WRX was more of a driver's car, felt more connected to the road if that makes sense and much more rawness. CTR is much more refined, more mature, more insulation between driver and car. It's an overall exceptional automobile, although I'm still warming up and adapting. I'll get there.

seed3540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Coming from a 2015 Subaru WRX, I have about 1,100 miles on my 2020 CTR. So this is more comparison to WRX, not previous years of CTR.

CTR is certainly more impressive in terms of power, faster in a straight line and puts the power down well considering it's a FWD car. I feel the WRX was more forgiving due to the AWD. You could drive like a total ass and not worry about running off the road. WRX was more of a driver's car, felt more connected to the road if that makes sense and much more rawness. CTR is much more refined, more mature, more insulation between driver and car. It's an overall exceptional automobile, although I'm still warming up and adapting. I'll get there.
I came from an Stage 2 STi so I know what you mean by missing the rawness. I am adjusting too but if anything my wife prefers the R over the STi.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Ya. I know the feeling. I have and won't sell my Evo 8. My CTR is something to get use to. I know my Evo is lightly modded but the power feels totally different. I guess later on when I change the exhaust and intake and maybe a tune my 2020 CTR will feel different. Right now I'm still breaking it in.