MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
Referring to post 90: Nothing like a total subjective review. Very Lame. Track segment was a joke.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Don't really get the point of this.....neither car's strength is a 0-60 drag race and they aren't competitors.....two completely different cars for different purposes.

I also liked the "I got him!" as the Type R continued pulling away lol

Referring to post 90: Nothing like a total subjective review. Very Lame. Track segment was a joke.
Ya I agree. Not saying the R should have been first but another pointless subjective versus video. He gave the "boy racer" win to the yaris ? is there anything more boy racer from the factory than a CTR??

Deleted member 47337

I want to know if the suspension is more compliant on the 2020 versus the pre 2020es.

The fake engine noise... not a fan of it. But I watched a review on the 2020 Si and that fake engine noise is much worse compared to the CTRs.
The fake engine noise is going on most cars these days..not just the Type R. I know all BMW's M cars have them... m2, m3, m4, m5, m6 competition, etc...they all have them.

You can remove the noise on the Type R by removing a single plug for a module in the dash. Takes 10 min. Everyone with a 2020 - 2021 Type R here in North Carolina has done it.

Deleted member 47337

I know it says estimated, but how are they calculating a 4.1 0-60 time on the CTR? The fastest I have seen is 4.9, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could do 4.1 if they could somehow hook it up. Just never seen that much of difference advertised before.

They also said the CTR was by far the fastest car in the group (I assume they mean on track), which was nice to read alongside the $76K USD CLA45 AMG.
Hey there! My Type R is bone stock...except for wheels and tires. Saved 12 lbs of unprung weight per wheel....24 lbs total on the front axles, which is crazy.

I also removed the back seats, with the hardware, and that was 51.2 lbs of savings.

My car does 0-60 in 4.2 seconds...but more important, it pulls abnormally hard on the hwy...4rth, 5th, and 6th gear pulls are ferocious now.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation Type r

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Jeeeezzz that rear wing is goofy looking!!!! Is it possible to get the dealer to remove it as a condition of buying it?

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Jeeeezzz that rear wing is goofy looking!!!! Is it possible to get the dealer to remove it as a condition of buying it?
If you are serious about the car you could easily sell it to someone with a standard Civic Hatch. You would be left with mounting holes that would need to be covered in some way.

rwht

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8 (Incoming)
Country flag
Not quite a full-on review, but The Smoking Tire team recently shared their thoughts on the '21 LE they tested in a recent podcast episode. Starts in the video around 8:08 and goes until 20:45. They loved it and drew parallels with Porsche vehicles - it'll be interesting to watch what more they say about it in their One-Take video of the car.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

“You’re a moron if you pay over MSRP.” “Don’t buy that guy’s boat!” ?
Sponsored