Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
My point is that car is in a completely different class then the R. It's simply not a fair comparison no matter how you try and explain it IMO!!

There's less than a second difference between the Nurburgring times of the M2 CS and the 2017 Type R.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's less than a second difference between the Nurburgring times of the M2 CS and the 2017 Type R.

Did you watch their video ... They tracked the M2 almost 5 seconds faster than the R LE!! So can we basically say that they have no clue how to drive a Type R then?

Sam3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR
Country flag
Did you watch their video ... They tracked the M2 almost 5 seconds faster than the R LE!! So can we basically say that they have no clue how to drive a Type R then?
Thomas is a huge BMW fan, and therefore a lot more comfortable driving rear wheel drive BMW's. He started the channel documenting changes to his own BMW.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thomas is a huge BMW fan, and therefore a lot more comfortable driving rear wheel drive BMW's. He started the channel documenting changes to his own BMW.
Honestly that's no excuse ... Get some professional drivers in there if you can't provide accurate results. Again ... Shitty and biased comparison either way!!

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Honestly that's no excuse ... Get some professional drivers in there if you can't provide accurate results. Again ... Shitty and biased comparison either way!!
I dunno. I think changing drivers to suit the cars introduces too many variables. You couldn’t fairly compare times at that point. It needs to be a top gear stig-esque setup. I will also add that I’m not surprised by the results. I think Thomas is on point. The stiffer shock setup isn’t going to work well on every track. I also think it’s a bit telling that we haven’t seen a ring time from the LE yet. If it were actually faster, Honda would be shouting from the rooftops about it. They got the Suzuka record, but since then there has been silence.

Dabeast

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Type R
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you think the stiffer spring rates on the LE are causing issues? Weird that we're just hearing about this now isn't it? I've literally heard zero mention of this in any other review/video!! Doesn't make any sense. Think the dude drives rwd beamers, and driving a fwd car is a whole nother ball of wax!!