2020 Civic Type R Price Announced at $36,995 (a $695 Increase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even in a private sale, a modified car is much harder to sell for reasons already listed. Honda accessories i wouldn't really classify as modified. I am talking aftermarket mods.

As in the car in question pictured above, tint, wheels, roof wrapped, stereo system etc.. Those are individual taste mods which drastically lowers appeal to the broader market.
Oh yeah 100% correct there. I’m very particular about owning the stock wheels also even if I have a 2nd set of aftermarket. I keep all my original stuff in case I or the next owner want to modify something.
Sponsored

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
LOL wow. I don't deserve that much attention.
At least you are capable of SOME level of honesty.

I really, really, don't I'm just was regular guy. all these theories you have are so effing deep it crazy.
Not really sure what "theories' you are talking about. Nothing about you so far has been "deep". In fact it has all been painfully easy to peg with only the minimum of observational skills.

BTW, who said I still sell cars??
You did. Whether you knew it or not. Are going to now lie again and say that you don't?

Who said I JUST purchased my Type R(since you mentioned that earlier)
I see reading comprehension is not a required skill to sell cars. I never made any statement directly or implicitly as to how long you have owned a Type R, or if you even own one at all. Maybe read all of the post next time, actually having a clue about ALL the details of a discussion makes for a more fruitful investment of your time.

I didn't even read all your responses because I don't have that kind of time.
This kind of sums you up in a single sentence, doesn't it?

which sucks because looks like you put some time into it.
Not really. If I were to write something and put in a lot of time, you likely wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

Like I said before brother, have a great time with you civic as I am mine. I am an insider somewhat, so if you ever have any questions, I'm here for you. Even if you don't like me...
I don't know you. Kind if difficult to determine if I like you or not.

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag
At least you are capable of SOME level of honesty.

Not really sure what "theories' you are talking about. Nothing about you so far has been "deep". In fact it has all been painfully easy to peg with only the minimum of observational skills.

You did. Whether you knew it or not. Are going to now lie again and say that you don't?

I see reading comprehension is not a required skill to sell cars. I never made any statement directly or implicitly as to how long you have owned a Type R, or if you even own one at all. Maybe read all of the post next time, actually having a clue about ALL the details of a discussion makes for a more fruitful investment of your time.

This kind of sums you up in a single sentence, doesn't it?

Not really. If I were to write something and put in a lot of time, you likely wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

I don't know you. Kind if difficult to determine if I like you or not.

smh...wow...

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
don't take it personally brother...people here just don't trust dealers. Some bad one's give potentially good ones like yourself hopefully a bad name.

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
Unfortunately here in the Bay Area it was hard finding the FK8 at MSRP. Dealers were asking $12k-15k above MSRP.

I paid $4.5k above MSRP. ($5K was my limit).

So we will be seeing these Yellow FK8 at least at $60K here in the Bay Area...

*See attached. This was for a 2019 model in San Jose just a few days ago.

87839158_1055369444841695_1020343758329217024_n.jpg
I came away 3k back in September. Socal. I wanted Blue too its one of those colors that was harder to reduce. I think. pretty sure Sonic Grey and Black could have been fetched at MSRP but nah. sucks, yes paid over, but in SoCal, good luck with MSRP, including Bay Area. haha. besides, wait for 2020s they gonna go back up unless you have some connection.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
What's the deal breakdown? I lived in AZ but don't recall the tax implications of a trade (I preferred to by used private party and avoid taxes...).

But, if this were a straight buy,

CTR at MSRP with destination would be about 37,900
Plus dealer fee of ~$500 = 38,400
Plus AZ tax and reg of ~4k = 42,800

Anyway, MSRP is fair on an incoming 2020. But you need to know the actual value of your trade...
:imnew:

VERY new to this forum so bare with me on my first post

Super fair considering the horror stories on the West Cost and Canada

I just signed Friday(3/27) for 2020 CW (Actuals)
MSRP with destination $37,990(I think they got $5-10 extra out of me)
PlusDealer/Admin Fee $799 = $38.789(Really annoyed about this)
Plus VA Tax and License Fee $1,821=$40,610

I don't know if I'm the first to get this far but they had a VIN that checked out and I signed with Honda Credit. They are supposed to call me as soon as it arrives, they said March 26-28, but I haven't heard anything but "its in Maryland" .....hopefully I get it tomorrow!:spaz:

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
$37,995 is accurate for MSRP + destination.
I have a feeling there are quite a few in Baltimore terminal right now shipped or ready to ship.
Congrats!

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
:imnew:

VERY new to this forum so bare with me on my first post

Super fair considering the horror stories on the West Cost and Canada

I just signed Friday(3/27) for 2020 CW (Actuals)
MSRP with destination $37,990(I think they got $5-10 extra out of me)
PlusDealer/Admin Fee $799 = $38.789(Really annoyed about this)
Plus VA Tax and License Fee $1,821=$40,610

I don't know if I'm the first to get this far but they had a VIN that checked out and I signed with Honda Credit. They are supposed to call me as soon as it arrives, they said March 26-28, but I haven't heard anything but "its in Maryland" .....hopefully I get it tomorrow!:spaz:
Saw your post in the other thread. Solid deal on and incoming 2020.

Hope tomorrow is a great day!

91gst

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evo, Miata, Civic
Country flag
Saw your post in the other thread. Solid deal on and incoming 2020.

Hope tomorrow is a great day!
Agreed, looks like a great deal.

I’m in the DC metro area as well and started calling dealers last week for the 2020. One quoted me $2k above MSRP and the others said they won’t give pricing till they receive the car. Which dealer did you end up going thru?

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Agreed, looks like a great deal.

I’m in the DC metro area as well and started calling dealers last week for the 2020. One quoted me $2k above MSRP and the others said they won’t give pricing till they receive the car. Which dealer did you end up going thru?
Thanks! I talked to a bunch, went in person to 3 different dealers in NOVA. I'm just glad one of the better dealers had my color; Sheehy Honda was the easiest and predicted that Landmark was going to be way over on price.They seemed the most upfront about everything, had the color I wanted and thank god, willing to lock in the paper work.

Browns in Arlington has a Red and Metallic coming but the Red is reserved; they said they can request the color of the next one but wouldn't be delivered until May/June.(I'm not sure how true this is) They are willing to sell the metallic one at sticker. Very nice dealer ask for Kelly if you go there. They said metallic is more "rare" which almost got me switch my color but I love the CW.

Landmark Honda should be getting a white one but wouldn't really talk to me without about a VIN even though I believe their car will probably be on the same truck as the one I bought. They still have a Black '19 in the showroom and when I asked to pay MSRP for 2020 they said they can't even sell the '19 at that price....so don't go there.

After making a bunch a calls I didn't hear of anyone around DMV getting the new Boost Blue but all of them implied that they would be charging more for the Type R only color. I just want to see it in real life even though I probably wouldn't have bought it....probably.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.