2020 Civic Type R Price Announced at $36,995 (a $695 Increase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I could teach you about supply and demand I don’t need Wiki. Done with your random tangent about a picture and a post.
Okay boomer
Sponsored

Type aah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8, RS Megane R26, 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Country flag
It depends on the marketing model:
a) Do we set the price at the highest we think people will pay for the number we want to build or do we set a profit margin that makes the business worthwhile and price everything to that margin?
b) Do we add prestige to the brand by making it exclusive with high prices or will we raise more awareness of the brand by selling to more customers at a lower price and have everyone saying what great value it is?
c) Will we get the most publicity by selling at a low price and limiting supply so that everyone is climbing over each other to get one?

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag
Wassup guys. This is Mr. Green. I'm in the Atlanta area and I work at a Honda dealer. Not here to start any drama and push any sell tactics on anyone. Just here to give any insight on the new 2021 Civic Type R LE or any other year Civic Type R for that matter! Look forward to speaking with everyone!

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Wassup guys. This is Mr. Green. I'm in the Atlanta area and I work at a Honda dealer. Not here to start any drama and push any sell tactics on anyone. Just here to give any insight on the new 2021 Civic Type R LE or any other year Civic Type R for that matter! Look forward to speaking with everyone!
So you claim to have a 2017 CTR, yet you just joined this site? And then, for your first posts, you spammed the identical post on multiple threads, none of which were really relevant to the thread in which they were posted? I mean, you couldn't even bother to individualize your posts for the subject, or try to work your way into the community with some useful and relevant info first?

You don't fool anybody, you are here to sell cars. Something which, I suspect, is in violation of the forum rules.

This behavior reminds me of a saying I once heard:

99% of car salesman make the rest look bad.

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag
So you claim to have a 2017 CTR, yet you just joined this site? And then, for your first posts, you spammed the identical post on multiple threads, none of which were really relevant to the thread in which they were posted? I mean, you couldn't even bother to individualize your posts for the subject, or try to work your way into the community with some useful and relevant info first?

You don't fool anybody, you are here to sell cars. Something which, I suspect, is in violation of the forum rules.

This behavior reminds me of a saying I once heard:

99% of car salesman make the rest look bad.
What post did a copy?. I did one in this one which talks about the new 2020 pricing which I can help with and I also posted in the new members thread as well. I don't have to sell to anyone. My "book of business" is 15 years thick. I'm here to help and help only. I joined when I joined. I'm not a young guy so I really didn't care for forums like that. Don't be so cynical. If you don't like me, don't response to my post. That simple. If you have a question about the new or previous model Type R, ask it. Otherwise, be safe and enjoy your CTR like I am enjoying mine.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
What post did a copy?. I did one in this one which talks about the new 2020 pricing which I can help with and I also posted in the new members thread as well. I don't have to sell to anyone. My "book of business" is 15 years thick. I'm here to help and help only. I joined when I joined. I'm not a young guy so I really didn't care for forums like that. Don't be so cynical. If you don't like me, don't response to my post. That simple. If you have a question about the new or previous model Type R, ask it. Otherwise, be safe and enjoy your CTR like I am enjoying mine.
Well, three copied posts, but no worries. Welcome and look forward to your insight.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Nah, you're good, you didn't do anything wrong. Welcome to the site. Looking forward to reading any insight you can provide.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
What post did a copy?. I did one in this one which talks about the new 2020 pricing which I can help with and I also posted in the new members thread as well.
Dude, what are you talking about?

Do you think we are incapable of a simple search on a forum? Above are three identical posts, by you, on three different sub-forums in a span of 7 minutes. That makes your above claim deceitful. About normal for a car salesman, so no surprise here.

BTW: I would have had nothing else to say on this, but you chose to come back and lie. And an obviously provable lie at that.

I don't have to sell to anyone. My "book of business" is 15 years thick. I'm here to help and help only. I joined when I joined. I'm not a young guy so I really didn't care for forums like that.
Yeah, right. The coronavirus hits, car sales take a historical tank, and you just HAPPEN to decide to join the forum and start posting today. But you are not here to sell cars.

Don't be so cynical.
You can call it cynical in an effort to diffuse being called out. I call it being a student of human nature and patterns. Most human action is pretty obvious and predictable if you just pay attention. Car salesman are especially predictable.

If you don't like me, don't response to my post. That simple.
Now maybe you don't know this because you are old, I don't know, but that isn't the way forums work. This is how they work:
1) You make a post
2) Others read the post
3) Others decide their opinion, thoughts, etc on your post
4) Others get to decide whether or not they choose to respond, and whether or not that response is positive, negative, or something in between.

If you didn't catch the relevant parts of that list, the main point to grasp is that OTHERS get to decide if and how they respond to your post. Not you. If you don't want to get negative responses, then the only way to guarantee that is to not post in the first place. It also helps if your post isn't BS, tends to lessen the likelihood of unfavorable responses.

If you have a question about the new or previous model Type R, ask it. Otherwise, be safe and enjoy your CTR like I am enjoying mine.
The car salesman mantra: "We are just here to help".

Type aah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R FK8, RS Megane R26, 911 GT3 RS 4.0
Country flag
I usually try not to get personal but 'Wassup guys.' ... seriously? And 'This is Mr. Green.' is weirdly melodramatic. Why not just, 'Hi, I'm Tarik.'? Then again 'no publicity is bad publicity' so maybe we're not appreciating clever marketing.

Lodgek03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I am here in Arizona and working with a dealer using chase bank concierge program and this guy is stuck on 43500 out the door for 2020 type r new color boost blue. Is it worth it because I know right now during this covid19 ordeal dealers will do whatever to get a sale. Thats why other brands offering 0%apr, no payments for 6 months. Do you guys think 43500 is acceptable current time for 2020 boost blue type r? It will be at the dealer in end of april. I feel right now i should be able to get down to 40k possibly 39 or 38 with trade in (4k in equity) and cash to put down if need be. Credit is fantastic. He "knocked" off 1k for the vip chase bank program. I just feel 38 to 40 is acceptable with current situation its either you want a sale or not. Everyone here is afraid to go outside in Arizona place is like ghost town. Nows the time to buy when I theoretically have the power. Give me your thoughts guys.... this is going down this week or I am telling this guy to enjoy no sales for quota this month!

Lodgek03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
No.

I think $36,995 is a fair price.

Asking $7k above MSRP with the stock market in the dumps and falling fast? Crazy.
I agreee.... the 43500 is the OTD price with tax title license BS fees, dude hasnt seen me face to face yet this is just over the phone thus far... once were in person his nuts will shrink and hell start to think smart and not be stupid im sure

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I agreee.... the 43500 is the OTD price with tax title license BS fees, dude hasnt seen me face to face yet this is just over the phone thus far... once were in person his nuts will shrink and hell start to think smart and not be stupid im sure
My only concern is they will tie you to ADM and it won't show up in April.

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag
I usually try not to get personal but 'Wassup guys.' ... seriously? And 'This is Mr. Green.' is weirdly melodramatic. Why not just, 'Hi, I'm Tarik.'? Then again 'no publicity is bad publicity' so maybe we're not appreciating clever marketing.
I understand what you're saying. Didn't think it was that deep....

typer_pusha

First Name
TARIK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 TYPE R
Country flag
Dude, what are you talking about?

Do you think we are incapable of a simple search on a forum? Above are three identical posts, by you, on three different sub-forums in a span of 7 minutes. That makes your above claim deceitful. About normal for a car salesman, so no surprise here.

BTW: I would have had nothing else to say on this, but you chose to come back and lie. And an obviously provable lie at that.

Yeah, right. The coronavirus hits, car sales take a historical tank, and you just HAPPEN to decide to join the forum and start posting today. But you are not here to sell cars.

You can call it cynical in an effort to diffuse being called out. I call it being a student of human nature and patterns. Most human action is pretty obvious and predictable if you just pay attention. Car salesman are especially predictable.

Now maybe you don't know this because you are old, I don't know, but that isn't the way forums work. This is how they work:
1) You make a post
2) Others read the post
3) Others decide their opinion, thoughts, etc on your post
4) Others get to decide whether or not they choose to respond, and whether or not that response is positive, negative, or something in between.

If you didn't catch the relevant parts of that list, the main point to grasp is that OTHERS get to decide if and how they respond to your post. Not you. If you don't want to get negative responses, then the only way to guarantee that is to not post in the first place. It also helps if your post isn't BS, tends to lessen the likelihood of unfavorable responses.

The car salesman mantra: "We are just here to help".

LOL wow. I don't deserve that much attention. I really, really, don't I'm just was regular guy. all these theories you have are so effing deep it crazy. BTW, who said I still sell cars?? Who said I JUST purchased my Type R(since you mentioned that earlier) I didn't even read all your responses because I don't have that kind of time.which sucks because looks like you put some time into it. Like I said before brother, have a great time with you civic as I am mine. I am an insider somewhat, so if you ever have any questions, I'm here for you. Even if you don't like me...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.