2020 civic stuck in accessory mode

Ikrashk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback sport 2020
Country flag
Hi, I got tints for my 2020 civic hatchback sport. But right after I got my car back I noticed that an error message showed up saying “keyless start system problem”. the error message went away but now I’m not able to remote start my car. And when I turn my car off, it stays in accessory mode and keeps the radio on. Also can’t lock my car as well after I turn it off. I have to use the key itself. I’ve been disconnecting my battery when I turn of my car so the battery doesn’t drain. Does anybody have any solution for this? if anyone has had a problem like this, please let me know!
Sponsored

samt2497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX HB EX
Country flag
Hi, I got tints for my 2020 civic hatchback sport. But right after I got my car back I noticed that an error message showed up saying “keyless start system problem”. the error message went away but now I’m not able to remote start my car. And when I turn my car off, it stays in accessory mode and keeps the radio on. Also can’t lock my car as well after I turn it off. I have to use the key itself. I’ve been disconnecting my battery when I turn of my car so the battery doesn’t drain. Does anybody have any solution for this? if anyone has had a problem like this, please let me know!
Try placing the keyfob at the start/stop button for a while then attempt to start

OP
OP
Ikrashk

Ikrashk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Try placing the keyfob at the start/stop button for a while then attempt to start
Like literally placing the key fob by the start/stop button? Does that actually do anything

OP
OP
Ikrashk

Ikrashk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Although it has been a long time, I have seen threads on here about people getting their car tinted and the tint shop dripped the liquid they use to squeegee the tint on down into the door panels or creases. Then they have some electrical issues that result.

Whether that is what happened or both of your key fobs need a new battery, idk.

If your key fob battery needs changed, the dash will display a message.

Hopefully whatever mess they made dries out and your car works like normal again. If not, you need to get on their ass.

OP
OP
Ikrashk

Ikrashk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Although it has been a long time, I have seen threads on here about people getting their car tinted and the tint shop dripped the liquid they use to squeegee the tint on down into the door panels or creases. Then they have some electrical issues that result.

Hopefully whatever mess they made dries out and your car works like normal again. If not, you need to get on their ass.
Yea I’m taking my car back to them tomorrow to get it resolved, I’ve done a lot a research and it’s looking like the antenna in the door side panel must’ve gotten messed with. I’ve never used my replacement key ever so I doubt that it’s dead

OP
OP
Ikrashk

Ikrashk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Update, they don’t have the slightest clue what’s wrong, they tried blaming it on my ktuner lmao but this problem never occurred until I got my tints. Have no hides what to do now

samt2497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX HB EX
Country flag
Update, they don’t have the slightest clue what’s wrong, they tried blaming it on my ktuner lmao but this problem never occurred until I got my tints. Have no hides what to do now
This sucks, my dealer blamed an infotainment error on my dashcam...
Just out of curiosity, your car has remote start? still works?

OP
OP
Ikrashk

Ikrashk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This sucks, my dealer blamed an infotainment error on my dashcam...
Just out of curiosity, your car has remote start? still works?
Yea my car does have remote start but it’s not working

OP
OP
Ikrashk

Ikrashk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any error code via OBD ? Tried disconnecting the battery for a long while?
I have to disconnect my battery everytime I park because my car will stay in accessory mode

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
IMO... trying to diagnose without knowing all mods is fairly pointless. Are there any other mods other than K-Tuner and tints?

If it were me; I'd reflash back to stock and go from there. If the problem remains; then it's likely a tint installation issue. If it fixes itself; the plot thickens.

I wish ya' good luck and I'm interested to know how it turns out.

OP
OP
Ikrashk

Ikrashk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO... trying to diagnose without knowing all mods is fairly pointless. Are there any other mods other than K-Tuner and tints?

If it were me; I'd reflash back to stock and go from there. If the problem remains; then it's likely a tint installation issue. If it fixes itself; the plot thickens.

I wish ya' good luck and I'm interested to know how it turns out.
Yea man I have other mods and have had t them for MONTHS with no issues. The day I got tints, this problem started, it’s crazy.

but the mods I have, PRL CAI (street),PRL Catted downpipe(street), mishimoto intercooler, and then the ktuner.
Sponsored