dude95

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilot
Country flag
We've ended up having to get a new car all of a sudden - one more issue with an old Dodge Dart that we thought would be good enough for a teenager. Getting mechanic'd to death.

Very few things we care about to make our son happy - rear camera is number one. Next is price. So we're looking at a 2020 Civic Sport - don't really need any of the extras. We bought a new Pilot back in December and could go back to Russel & Smith in Houston to get it, but we're open to anything.

What's are people getting for prices now? Are there good deals? Are the dealerships desperate? Any advice?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
The obvious do not shop at one dealer. Go shop around. Use the price of one dealership to use it against another and let them bid for you. That being said if you want low payments Iā€™d go $2k down no more than $215/mo on a lease excluding extras for a ā€˜20 Civic sport sedan or coupe. If itā€™s a hatch Iā€™d say no more than $230

OP
OP

dude95

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pilot
Country flag
The obvious do not shop at one dealer. Go shop around. Use the price of one dealership to use it against another and let them bid for you. That being said if you want low payments Iā€™d go $2k down no more than $215/mo on a lease excluding extras for a ā€˜20 Civic sport sedan or coupe. If itā€™s a hatch Iā€™d say no more than $230
Thanks for the quick reply - we're taking that advice have have reached out to 2 dealers now - will do two more tomorrow and compare. Hoping to buy though. Any idea what people are paying with COVID around? We've just started looking when I found this forum and I'd rather get information from car buyers than the dealerships.

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
Took delivery last week of a hatchback sport touring . I was originally looking at a hatchback sport, sans the touring , they didnā€™t have one, but were going to get it brought in from a dealer close by , they quoted me $21,700 which I though was phenomenal, so much so I went with the sport touring and got the same discount.
The Touring was a little trickier to get , I had to pay freight because I wanted white , and It was in Memphis, I am on the Alabama coast .
I Went to the dealership last Monday , made my deal Tuesday , and by Friday , I had the car .

Overall , really went out of their way to make the deal happen .

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah now is a fantastic time to buy. Didn't get a hatchback but got an Si coupe, the dealer waved all the slight damage I had on my previous 2018 Si when I was trading it in and gave me full price.

Salesman was moving pretty quick and didn't really argue against any negotiations I had, dealers definitely want to move their inventory as much as possible.

Also, when you get your final paper before signing please make sure all the numbers are correct. When it came down to signing, the dealer bumped my APR from 2.9 to 6 and also extended my financing term by another year. I'm not sure if it was by accident or maybe they tried to finesse me a bit since we were moving pretty quick. Could very well just be a crappy dealer.. but always check.

futurama53406

First Name
max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport sedan
Country flag
just bought a 2020 civic sport dealer price was 21700 i got my dealer down to 19500

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
just bought a 2020 civic sport dealer price was 21700 i got my dealer down to 19500
Good lord, that's like $4k off, was that including loyalty or other incentives?

I'll go upgrade mine today if i can get that price, lol.
Sponsored