N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
Hi everybody. 2020k20c2Sport here. I wish I didn't use that as a username now that i think back honestly ha. If anybody knows how I can change it I'm open to listen. I recently purchased a new civic. Traded my 18 cvt for a 20 sport 2.0 MT. I was looking for a thread that revolved around the 2020 civic sport sedan. More specifically because it's still a 10th gen civic but because it's newer and I'm not sure if that changes anything.
For example, on some websites that I go to that appear to be legit and commonly used websites (I can't think of them off the top of my head) when I go to the vehicle specific settings they either don't have any setting for the 2020 civic sport sedan or they have a setting for the sedan touring. I realize the sedan touring motor is different but would chassis parts that are for 2019 and below sport and advertised for the sport touring sedan (on applicable parts obviously) fit on the 2020 sport sedan civic being that they are all 3 the 10th gen sedan model?
Also I would love to hear about any obstacles or troubles with any fitment on the 2020 2.0 sport sedan. I have tried doing alot of the research on my own but being that the 2020 "refresh" sport is still so new that theres not much year specific content. So thank you in advance and administrators and mods I hope this fits the guidelines if it doesn't please feel free to let me know and advise me on what I did.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi! Have a 2019 Sport Coupe, so a lot in common. When looking for parts, you won’t find “Sport” model listed because it’s just a trim, not a full on different model like an SI or Type R. So just look for Civic Sedan parts, they’ll fit! And most parts for Civic Sedans 2016-2020 will fit, like chrome deletes, roof spoilers, whatever, the only thing the Sport 2020 has that you may need to account for is the 2019 refresh bumper (I have it too) and the center exhaust and diffuser in the rear bumper (not a problem unless you want to get a new exhaust system)

Also, our cars’ K20C2’s aren’t very modifiable, at least not to the extent the 1.5T engines are. Still, there’s plenty to check out so do a lot of research on stuff. Personally, I’ve dropped some suspension parts in like the front subframe brace and rear sway bar from the Type R, and the front strut bar from Sirimoto. These improve handling, which is where I think performance on the 2.0L should go.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/type-r-front-subframe-brace.25517/

for the 2020 model, there are a couple of front lip options available on eBay now. This is the one I have:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293171806017

Let me know if you have any questions!
(Also, I don’t think anything changed between 2019 and 2020 for the Sport Sedan and coupe models.)

OP
OP
2020k20c2sport

2020k20c2sport

N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
Hi! Have a 2019 Sport Coupe, so a lot in common. When looking for parts, you won’t find “Sport” model listed because it’s just a trim, not a full on different model like an SI or Type R. So just look for Civic Sedan parts, they’ll fit! And most parts for Civic Sedans 2016-2020 will fit, like chrome deletes, roof spoilers, whatever, the only thing the Sport 2020 has that you may need to account for is the 2019 refresh bumper (I have it too) and the center exhaust and diffuser in the rear bumper (not a problem unless you want to get a new exhaust system)

Also, our cars’ K20C2’s aren’t very modifiable, at least not to the extent the 1.5T engines are. Still, there’s plenty to check out so do a lot of research on stuff. Personally, I’ve dropped some suspension parts in like the front subframe brace and rear sway bar from the Type R, and the front strut bar from Sirimoto. These improve handling, which is where I think performance on the 2.0L should go.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/type-r-front-subframe-brace.25517/

for the 2020 model, there are a couple of front lip options available on eBay now. This is the one I have:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/293171806017

Let me know if you have any questions!
(Also, I don’t think anything changed between 2019 and 2020 for the Sport Sedan and coupe models.)
Awesome thank you. I purchased into a new 2018 civic sedan 2.0 2 years ago and it didn't make me want to modify it. What it did make me do is research non stop about the k20c2 in the sedan for the last 2 years. To get ready for when I inevitably switched over to a manual. Not that I'm opposed to modding the cvt just opposed to MYSELF modding one ha. Unfortunately I knew about the minimal modding when I bought my 2.0 again but I also wasn't wanting to buy into the turbo life. I'm patient. Enough people will support the k20c2 that eventually when the aftermarket companies get burned out in the l15b7 motor they will start working on ours lol. I am happy to hear about people having personal experiences with these upgrades we can do. Thanks for letting me know to basically just worry about getting sedan model items. I do eventually want to do the exhaust. Should it be done any differently then what I've seen others doing dbx muffle and what not?

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome thank you. I purchased into a new 2018 civic sedan 2.0 2 years ago and it didn't make me want to modify it. What it did make me do is research non stop about the k20c2 in the sedan for the last 2 years. To get ready for when I inevitably switched over to a manual. Not that I'm opposed to modding the cvt just opposed to MYSELF modding one ha. Unfortunately I knew about the minimal modding when I bought my 2.0 again but I also wasn't wanting to buy into the turbo life. I'm patient. Enough people will support the k20c2 that eventually when the aftermarket companies get burned out in the l15b7 motor they will start working on ours lol. I am happy to hear about people having personal experiences with these upgrades we can do. Thanks for letting me know to basically just worry about getting sedan model items. I do eventually want to do the exhaust. Should it be done any differently then what I've seen others doing dbx muffle and what not?
I'm not sure myself, I've also been looking into doing a muffler swap/delete, another option is Magnaflow mufflers. I'd ask a local exhaust shop for help before buying a muffler online, and some people say a straight up muffler delete also sounds good.

OP
OP
2020k20c2sport

2020k20c2sport

N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
I'm not sure myself, I've also been looking into doing a muffler swap/delete, another option is Magnaflow mufflers. I'd ask a local exhaust shop for help before buying a muffler online, and some people say a straight up muffler delete also sounds good.
Ya so I have kind of been mentally engineering what I want based on sample vids and what not. I think because I want to keep my tips coming out the center I can just remove the muffler that is inlet/outlet on the same side and just have them do like a custom axle back straight pipe that Ys into a dual tip exhaust. Then replace the resonator with the dbx exhaust I've been hearing so much about. And since the exhaust tubing is already mandrel bent I'll just keep the rest stock. What do you think? I've provided pics. I thinks that's what I'm going to do. Of course I have a couple of small necessities I have to do first but I always think ahead lol

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Sport Sedan 2.0MT 20200412_153931

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Sport Sedan 2.0MT 20200412_154048

Vexels

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ya so I have kind of been mentally engineering what I want based on sample vids and what not. I think because I want to keep my tips coming out the center I can just remove the muffler that is inlet/outlet on the same side and just have them do like a custom axle back straight pipe that Ys into a dual tip exhaust. Then replace the resonator with the dbx exhaust I've been hearing so much about. And since the exhaust tubing is already mandrel bent I'll just keep the rest stock. What do you think? I've provided pics. I thinks that's what I'm going to do. Of course I have a couple of small necessities I have to do first but I always think ahead lol

20200412_153931.jpg

20200412_154048.jpg
Sounds like it'll work! I don't know enough about it to give advice but yeah, with how the sport muffler is positioned, it looks like it should be able to come straight back just fine.

OP
OP
2020k20c2sport

2020k20c2sport

N/A_AllDay2.0
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sedan Sport
Country flag
Sounds like it'll work! I don't know enough about it to give advice but yeah, with how the sport muffler is positioned, it looks like it should be able to come straight back just fine.
That's what I thought. Looks easy enough
Sponsored