2020 Civic Sport Manual or Si?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IDK man. Darker colours always look dirtier in my experience. Unless it's silver or beige. The two most boring colours.
I think white can hide smaller debris and dust better but in my experience I can go longer without a wash with the grey as opposed to my white

Maybe I just became a cleaning freak when I got my white car :spaz:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bob.

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I knew this going in, but have been forgetting to ask. What's the prevailing opinion on the flat fix kit? Can a spare & jack be bought for a reasonable price?

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Loving the Si so far, but I just found out how delicate wheels with the 'thin' sidewalls are. I was pulling out of a parking spot with a sidewalk with a squared curb, barely moving, but turned the wheel into the curb. No noise, just resistance. Damaged the edge of the rim and tire. I guess I'm going to have to be very careful of that.
I had mine for 8 months and my wheels steel intact... also check your trunk, I think it has a Jack no tire. When you use the repair kit normally you are supposed to have the car on the Jack. You could by a spare tire the donut that comes on the regular civic and put it in the trunk were your repair kit is at.

AmyChris13

First Name
Amy and Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic sport coupe
Country flag
Congratulations Bob, and thank you all for the great information! The only drawback I see for you Bob is you can’t rock this old-school gem... pretty sure this adds at least 5 hp. ?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Sport Manual or Si? 7F1A82B1-80A1-456E-B59B-626BB47107BD

OP
OP
Bob.

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I had mine for 8 months and my wheels steel intact... also check your trunk, I think it has a Jack no tire. When you use the repair kit normally you are supposed to have the car on the Jack. You could by a spare tire the donut that comes on the regular civic and put it in the trunk were your repair kit is at.
No jack or spare. Honda wants $400 for both. I haven't had time to look for cheaper options.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
No jack or spare. Honda wants $400 for both. I haven't had time to look for cheaper options.
Check out this thread, lots of good info on this subject. Folks were paying around $200 - $250 all in. Price depends in part on the type of tire you go with.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's high way robbery I
Check out this thread, lots of good info on this subject. Folks were paying around $200 - $250 all in. Price depends in part on the type of tire you go with.
Thanks for the link, Cant believe it is so complicated and expensive to get the whole trunk kit to have a spare. Specially if we going on longer trips...why could Honda just put a jack and a spare tire? I might need to get creative.

'19Sport6Man

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport, 2013 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring
Country flag
That's high way robbery I
Thanks for the link, Cant believe it is so complicated and expensive to get the whole trunk kit to have a spare. Specially if we going on longer trips...why could Honda just put a jack and a spare tire? I might need to get creative.

Thinking MOST cars nowadays skip the spare. It cuts costs and increases profits for the automaker, while cutting weight and improving fuel economy (which is how they justify it).

I had a fully loaded Acura RLX Advance (MSRP when new was $61,500).

I was shocked to find out no spare. It had a 12v inflator, and a bottle of tire goo.

Actually was pleasantly surprised that the Civic Sport HAS a spare.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AAA is so inexpensive and worth it! I think it's something like $40 a year for two people. My girl doesn't drive much so I added my mother who travels for work, as do I. My wilwood CMC died twice and I got 2 free tows. My mom's transmission cooked 2 hrs from home and she got a tow to the shop to "repair" it. Made it like 5 miles before tranny died again, so upgrade to premium for for another $30 ($70 total) so they towed it over 100 miles home for free. It pays for itself the very first tow, and if you're dumb enough to run out of gas they bring you a couple gallons, discounts at some auto shops, hotel discount ect.

New Honda's come with a year of Honda roadside but they will only tow to nearest dealership, no exceptions. My car was a mile from the performance shop and home but they would tow to neither, only the Honda dealer 30 some miles away.

Last edited:

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thinking about it, I normally don't get flats, my wife do but she can't drive manual so my car is safe. ?. When the tires are getting bold I replace them for new ones. Don't think anyone would use an SI for rally or to go over curbs.

OP
OP
Bob.

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I decided to go ahead and get the spare kit. It comes with the (tiny) rim, the 'tools', the foam inserts and the trunk floor panel to make the trunk floor level. What's stupid is that you have to buy the tire separately and have the tire installed on the rim.

The pricing is outrageous, but the idea of being stuck somewhere with my injector in my hand is not appealing.

What are they thinking? Why not put it all in the same kit with the tire already installed on the rim?

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am going to stay tireless, I just put an old jack that I had and a tire repair kit in the back with a set of pliers and a flat tip screwdriver. That way I can pull whatever I run over and then plug the hole in the tire, put air and continue driving.

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
After driving an SI, it was no contest between a Sport hatch & the SI.

the transmission & suspension are really what sold it for me. the other SI features are what my wife likes so it was an easy decision.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Excellent choice. I don't own any but the SI was the perfect option for you.

OP
OP
Bob.

Bob.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
AAA is so inexpensive and worth it! I think it's something like $40 a year for two people. My girl doesn't drive much so I added my mother who travels for work, as do I. My wilwood CMC died twice and I got 2 free tows. My mom's transmission cooked 2 hrs from home and she got a tow to the shop to "repair" it. Made it like 5 miles before tranny died again, so upgrade to premium for for another $30 ($70 total) so they towed it over 100 miles home for free. It pays for itself the very first tow, and if you're dumb enough to run out of gas they bring you a couple gallons, discounts at some auto shops, hotel discount ect.

New Honda's come with a year of Honda roadside but they will only tow to nearest dealership, no exceptions. My car was a mile from the performance shop and home but they would tow to neither, only the Honda dealer 30 some miles away.
Actually, it's 3 years, but I didn't know some of these details. We had AAA several years back. I'll have to look into them again. Thanks.
Sponsored