amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Man you really do think like a communist. How can you draw parallel between car buying and spring break? I'm done with this subject. lol...
Your calling me a communist because you are equating stopping the spread of a pandemic disease with taking away people's freedoms, and because I am thinking about society's well being as a whole, that makes me a communist. That's whats silly. Hopefully you will stay safe. Have a good evening
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DOZOIR

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
Wow, did this thread go on a little tangent... thanks for all the replies though.

trapbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
My girlfriend actually ended up getting a brand new civic sedan sport yesterday for $18.5k out the door.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow, did this thread go on a little tangent... thanks for all the replies though.
Yeah, I got called a communist LOL. That is quite a distinction if I may say so myself (I know a good a tangent when I see one). BTW back to the part that started the tangent, I do take other tributes besides bowing to me. You can send cash, check, MC/Visa, Amex and Google play cards to: ChairmanAmirz786@Trump/putin/MBS4President.RU. In return I will send you your very own "I sent a tribute and all I got was a tangent sticker"

On a serious note OP, you will definitely find a good deal with the economy shot, with 6.5 million people applying for unemployment (21 yesterday from my company). Good luck

Last edited:

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Yeah, I got called a communist LOL. That is quite a distinction if I may say so myself (I know a good a tangent when I see one). BTW back to the part that started the tangent, I do take other tributes besides bowing to me. You can send cash, check, MC/Visa, Amex and Google play cards to: ChairmanAmirz786@Trump/putin/MBS4President.RU. In return I will send you your very own "I sent a tribute and all I got was a tangent sticker"
Yeah you went off topic with your Covid-19 PSA and I took the bait. lol... I mean if I'm buying a car to avoid taking public transit or share rides, then I'm doing the community a good service.

Anyway. I'm really getting back on tangent. Period.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah you went off topic with your Covid-19 PSA and I took the bait. lol... I mean if I'm buying a car to avoid taking public transit or share rides, then I'm doing the community a good service.

Anyway. I'm really getting back on tangent. Period.
Haha no problem bro, it's a hard time for all of us, sorry for going off topic. I actually wasn't trying to bait you (or anyone for that matter), I wish I was that forward thinking. I'm guilty of going on plenty of tangents, this thread no exception. BTW I have no problem with people buying cars during this pandemic, just be careful out there when doing it

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Just leased a 2020 SI Coupe on 03/31/2020 for $236 a month plus $600 down which includes the first month payment. It was supposed to be $199 a month plus $600 down, but I returned a 2018 Honda Clarity lease which had about 16 months left at $310/month which would equate to me owing $4960 if I were to finish out the lease.

But since I terminated the lease on the clarity, the negative balance was rolled over to the payment. $37x 36 = $1332
So I save about $3628 in total.

I've checked the Honda website and couldn't find any lease special on the SI coupe. Not even sure how the dealership were able to come with this kind of deal.

What do you guys think? Is it a good lease deal?

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Just leased a 2020 SI Coupe on 03/31/2020 for $236 a month plus $600 down which includes the first month payment. It was supposed to be $199 a month plus $600 down, but I returned a 2018 Honda Clarity lease which had about 16 months left at $310/month which would equate to me owing $4960 if I were to finish out the lease.

But since I terminated the lease on the clarity, the negative balance was rolled over to the payment. $37x 36 = $1332

I've checked the Honda website and couldn't find any lease special on the SI coupe. Not even sure how the dealership were able to come with this kind of deal.

36 month and 12k mikes a year?

If thatā€™s what ya got thatā€™s the best lease Iā€™ve seen on a Si.
Congrats!

fc1chels

First Name
Chelsea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag

What dealer?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

There's $1000 loyalty cash which I assume they can use on a lease.

Turboblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Blue, 15 Sedona (Shuttle Atlantis)
Country flag
Just stopped by last night. Been on the hunt for a while but decided to move my purchase time table up on the hopes of a good deal during slow times. Quite a few people in the showroom which was surprising. Anyway I want 20ā€™ blue Si, apparently hard to come by right now. And they were not willing to really discount at all. I basically got it down to 26 OTD with everything which isnā€™t bad, but I felt it could be better. Especially since the sent my a quote through USAA car buying for 24,038 plus my Tax, Tag Title which would equal about 25 OTD for me for a car on the lot. So I asked what kind of OTD price can I get on the one I had a quote on and they said ā€œbasically the same as the allotment car 26 OTDā€. When questioned they basically said that number didnā€™t include some dealer accessories they put on all their cars thatā€™s like 700 bucks worth. I said I donā€™t care, the quote had a spot for dealer accessories and fees and they only included the doc fee and not their other stuff. The quote said ā€œbefore taxes 24,038ā€. So youā€™re telling me that your accessories are considered taxes??? Basically got lied to I assume to come in the door so I left. I want a car right now, I donā€™t need one. So if they come up with a better deal then Iā€™ll reconsider.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Just stopped by last night. Been on the hunt for a while but decided to move my purchase time table up on the hopes of a good deal during slow times. Quite a few people in the showroom which was surprising. Anyway I want 20ā€™ blue Si, apparently hard to come by right now. And they were not willing to really discount at all. I basically got it down to 26 OTD with everything which isnā€™t bad, but I felt it could be better. Especially since the sent my a quote through USAA car buying for 24,038 plus my Tax, Tag Title which would equal about 25 OTD for me for a car on the lot. So I asked what kind of OTD price can I get on the one I had a quote on and they said ā€œbasically the same as the allotment car 26 OTDā€. When questioned they basically said that number didnā€™t include some dealer accessories they put on all their cars thatā€™s like 700 bucks worth. I said I donā€™t care, the quote had a spot for dealer accessories and fees and they only included the doc fee and not their other stuff. The quote said ā€œbefore taxes 24,038ā€. So youā€™re telling me that your accessories are considered taxes??? Basically got lied to I assume to come in the door so I left. I want a car right now, I donā€™t need one. So if they come up with a better deal then Iā€™ll reconsider.
Dealerships are always the last to see reality. Give them a month and they'll be licking your feet.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've rarely ever negotiated with a dealer in person. I will go thru a program like Costco auto and come in only to test drive and negotiate pricing thru email. One of the reasons I like the Costco auto program is that dealers who are part of this program are not allowed to pressure you. They will get a quote that is usually negotiated based on invoice pricing (or at least close to actual invoice) and hand it to you. When I was shopping around and decided on a 2018 Si, the dealer asking price was around $24,900, the Costco negotiated price was $22,800 (not including tax, title and license). I told the salesman thank you, I would think about it and would only communicate only thru email. This was May, in June he contacted me telling me by email telling me that there was only 1 car left in the color I wanted (Black) and that once this one was gone there would not be any others until the 2019's come out. I emailed him back that if he gives it to me for $22K even (not including tax and license) I would be there in an hour to pick it up, and he emailed me 10 minutes later that we had a deal. I did all the financing online through the dealers website, and all I had to do was come in and sign all the paperwork and pick up the car. The whole process took only an hour

Turboblu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Blue, 15 Sedona (Shuttle Atlantis)
Country flag
Yea I think the issue now is because trucks are being stopped and production is halting they see these cars as ā€œsuper desirableā€ right now. Iā€™ve noticed even TrueCar prices have gone up hundreds of dollars over the past week. Itā€™s weird. Iā€™m not against in person stuff, I used to sell cars back before I joined the military, BMWā€™s and MINIā€™s. I understand the ā€œtricksā€ but I also understand their side. As long as we both feel that we win Iā€™m happy about it. I just have a price I donā€™t want to go over, and seeing how others have gotten it I know itā€™s attainable, especially since Iā€™m not in a super expensive area or high tax area. I was just hoping they would be more receptive during an economic slow down but we shall see in a month or two maybe. Like I said I was planning on waiting until 2021 dropped in the fall to see if anything changes (I know probably nothing) and snag a late ā€˜20 At an ok deal. Again Iā€™m not looking to break a dealers balls. But when I go through USAA car buying and you quote me an offer donā€™t lie to me. Irritates the crap out of me. Plus this dealer adds a ā€œvalue packageā€ to every car on the lot. Pinstriping- 99 bucks some windshield coating protectant, 299. Nitrogen tires fill , 99 bucks. And some interior spray, 159. Plus stuff like wheel locks and mud flaps (those I donā€™t care about). Plus on most a 2000 dollar ā€œmarket adjustments I was blown away. I wonder how many people they get to pay 29,033 as the new MSRP. outrageous. They even tried to add all that stuff on the car I was getting that wasnā€™t even there on the lot yet. I was like wtf. Since the car isnā€™t here you arenā€™t even attempting to put that stuff on their let alone charge me for it.
Sponsored