OP
DOZOIR

DOZOIR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe (lunar silver)
Country flag
I just came back from my local Honda dealer. The MSRP is $26155. They offered me $24725 plus taxes, prep, and doc fees, etc. (RI). I am to call them back tomorrow. I think that I could do better.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I just came back from my local Honda dealer. The MSRP is $26155. They offered me $24725 plus taxes, prep, and doc fees, etc. (RI). I am to call them back tomorrow. I think that I could do better.

Thoughts?
According to trucar, that's still a fair price. But I got lots of mid to upper $23K offers from ny, nj, pa, va area dealers before this pandemic.

I was afraid this would happen. I guess it could go either way. The supply is def lower now that most places are shutdown. If you really need to buy now, then I'd email around and see if you can do better. Even though most showrooms are shut, I think I've received emails from dealers I made inquiries before saying that they can still sell to people who have valid reasons to buy and that they'd deliver the car to your place for test drive etc.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Or if the dealer is watching this thread then, you're screwed out of a great deal dude.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Feb 29 Seattle area
Traded in 18 Si Coupe
34k+ miles, 4 big dings on windshield and tinted windows.
$18,300 trade In value

20 Si Coupe @ $23,750 with splash guards.
Plus $150 doc
Local tax and Lic fee

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Feb 29 Seattle area
Traded in 18 Si Coupe
34k+ miles, 4 big dings on windshield and tinted windows.
$18,300 trade In value

20 Si Coupe @ $23,750 with splash guards.
Plus $150 doc
Local tax and Lic fee
Ayyyy man that's crazy me and you was on the same boat. I had a 18 si with 30k, scratch on lower bumper and small ding on the back bumper

Gave me around $18500 for it

Bout 3 weeks ago copped a 20 si coupe for $25500 with splash guards included as well

Last edited:

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Good deal, I like the 20 that much better.
I commute 60 miles a day and enjoy the drive every day. Lately no traffic because virus stuff so room to stretch it’s legs.
I also through on PS4S and makes a huge difference in ride, grip and handling.

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in California we are in our third week of a mandatory quarantine, so no car buying here. Only the service/parts departments are open as they are considered essential businesses. With the economy basically shot, I'm sure when this is over car makers will be discounting
Here in San Diego my friend a salesman started back this last Monday and he is in fact selling cars. Even sold a type R. ADMs are still in effect too. People are still making money to buy cars. He did say that they only hired a few of the sales guys back for the time being.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I paid a little under $23k on March 20th for a 2020 Si Sedan. No one else was there. Some dealers are open still in San Diego, Ca.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Si purchase during Pandemic? B2590B50-DBED-4136-AC31-97D07CF4F5DB

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Here in San Diego my friend a salesman started back this last Monday and he is in fact selling cars. Even sold a type R. ADMs are still in effect too. People are still making money to buy cars. He did say that they only hired a few of the sales guys back for the time being.
San Diego county may have different rules, and police may not consider breaking quarantine a priority. Here in San Jose (Santa Clara county) if you are out without a valid reason (buying food, getting gas etc) or you are not considered an essential worker, you will receive a criminal citation. I have to carry a letter from my employer in case I'm stopped going to the office (I manage our IT infrastructure and we are a medical device company listed as essential). Because of these strict rules, Northern Cal is beginning to see less infections. This virus is serious stuff, I would really be wary about risking my health as well as others to buy or sell a car

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This virus is serious stuff, I would really be wary about risking my health as well as others to buy or sell a car
Well that's a strong statement. Say your only car died and you need to buy a new one to get to work. Further say you're a nurse. Would that be an ok reason to get out and buy a car? That's why some dealers can still sell cars even when the showroom is closed.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good deal, I like the 20 that much better.
I commute 60 miles a day and enjoy the drive every day. Lately no traffic because virus stuff so room to stretch it’s legs.
I also through on PS4S and makes a huge difference in ride, grip and handling.
Yeah I man I agree I love the 20. I really notice the difference when compared to the 18, feels more refined and included a volume knob finally lol.

been driving this route I have near my area everyday since getting it trying to break her in, enjoying every second of the empty highways

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well that's a strong statement. Say your only car died and you need to buy a new one to get to work. Further say you're a nurse. Would that be an ok reason to get out and buy a car? That's why some dealers can still sell cars even when the showroom is closed.
If it stops the spread of the virus, I'm all for shutting everything down. In 2 weeks it already infected over 150k people in the US. All it takes is one person to spread it to thousands. It may or may not make you and me sick, but it will kill without mercy our elderly parents, aunt's uncle's and others with compromised immune systems. As a friend of mine who is an ER doctor working at the front lines at UCI medical center told us, don't go out, and if you can limit even your grocery store runs if possible. So yeah, I feel for the person who needs a car, but I also feel for the thousands of people laying in a hospital beds dying with ventilators hooked to them because someone ignored social distancing

That's all I have to say on the subject

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it stops the spread of the virus, I'm all for shutting everything down. In 2 weeks it already infected over 150k people in the US. All it takes is one person to spread it to thousands. It may or may not make you and me sick, but it will kill without mercy our elderly parents, aunt's uncle's and others with compromised immune systems. As a friend of mine who is an ER doctor working at the front lines at UCI medical center told us, don't go out, and if you can limit even your grocery store runs if possible. So yeah, I feel for the person who needs a car, but I also feel for the thousands of people laying in a hospital beds dying with ventilators hooked to them because someone ignored social distancing
Ok. Long Live Chairman Amirza. :bow:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok. Long Live Chairman Amirza. :bow:
Haha that's funny. That's what all those spring break loving people in Florida thought to. And now it's spreading all over Florida like wild fire. Now I know why Americans are in the 35th percentile in education...

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha that's funny. That's what all those spring break loving people in Florida thought to. And now it's spreading all over Florida like wild fire. Now I know why Americans are the 35th percentile in education
Man you really do think like a communist. How can you draw parallel between car buying and spring break? I'm done with this subject. lol...
Sponsored