2020 Civic Si Matte Black Rims

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How am I supposed to clean these suckers?

I see online people are using windex, dish washer soap... But idk. Any suggestions?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Civic Si Matte Black Rims IMG_20200614_133021
Sponsored

Icebear

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 1991 Chevrolet c1500
Country flag
I have the Sport Touring hatch which has the same style wheel , except for the 5 spoke area is machined .
I use the same thing I use on the paint , Griots garage car wash , and a microfiber rag .

I personally have never used wheel cleaners on any of my vehicles, only whichever car wash soap I happen to be using . And if absolutely necessary, Dawn or simple green on just the tire .

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wash my wheels last on the car with the same stuff that I use to wash my car. I don’t do anything special and they always come out looking like brand new! Mind you I have the 2019 wheels, but I would do the exact same thing on the 2020 wheels and would expect similar results.

rhuel

First Name
Rhuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm interested in what is best to use as well as I'm getting a set of 2020 Si wheels in a couple weeks.

The 2019 Si wheels are finished in a gloss black, not matte/satin, so I think anything you'd use on the body's paintwork would be fine on them. I just cleaned mine (2019 Si) the other day and used a mitt and the same Meguiar's car wash soap stuff I used on the body and they cleaned up nicely.

The matte wheels seem to be a different animal according to the innerwebs.

aaaaah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just use the same think I use to wash the car with, the same as I have done with every car I have owned. Right now I am using Chemical Guys citrus wash. I did buy a soft bristled brush a couple of years back to clean the wheels so I didn't cross contaminate anything with brake dust. Plus it makes getting into all the areas easy.

rhuel

First Name
Rhuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I just use the same think I use to wash the car with, the same as I have done with every car I have owned. Right now I am using Chemical Guys citrus wash. I did buy a soft bristled brush a couple of years back to clean the wheels so I didn't cross contaminate anything with brake dust. Plus it makes getting into all the areas easy.
So, the wheels' "matte-ness" remains after washing and drying just like if they were a glossy black wheel?

If so, that's awesome! I wasn't looking forward to high maintenance wheel cleaning.

Thanks for the input!

PdxJose

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Before I got new wheels, I used meguiar’s ultimate all wheel cleaner spray. Cleaned them just fine. They didn’t get stained or anything weird.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

aaaaah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So, the wheels' "matte-ness" remains after washing and drying just like if they were a glossy black wheel?

If so, that's awesome! I wasn't looking forward to high maintenance wheel cleaning.

Thanks for the input!
Yep, they clean up without a problem. Even the Chemical Guys tyre shine that I use doesn't mark them.
Sponsored