2020 civic si - is tune the only way to delete rev hang?

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Don't be scared of map 2. It won't bite, I promise
I bought a ktuner and TSP stage 1 tune recently but haven't flashed yet. From what I read on their site, does Map 1 do anything to the power levels? It mentioned factory boost levels and no changes to turbo response.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I bought a ktuner and TSP stage 1 tune recently but haven't flashed yet. From what I read on their site, does Map 1 do anything to the power levels? It mentioned factory boost levels and no changes to turbo response.
No, power levels on Map 1 remain the same, but there is some enhancement to throttle response. Boost levels remain same as factory. Map 2 and 3 are where WHP/Torque enhancements happen, as well as boost levels. Map 3 will give you 237 WHP

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 civic si - is tune the only way to delete rev hang? upload_2020-3-13_12-16-57

OP
OP
Crakzor

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Crakzor...

TSP (D-Rob) and KTuner have a somewhat different approach to their tune's driving feel.

With KTuner, things tend to feel really snappy off the line with a solid midrange. Where things go south is at high rpm. It's a bit of a letdown.

With the TSP tune, things feel a little softer off the line. And then is gets really good. There's a smooth linear feel all the way up to 6000+ rpm. That progressive power is awesome.

The KTuner base tunes are very good. The TSP Stage 1 is a notch above. It's a more polished feeling tune IMO.
yo this is crazy. everything is smooth even with rev hang i didnt feel my 2 3 shifts

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you have a tune that isn't TSP, does hitting the cruise control button still toggle the rev hang on and off?

If that doesn't happen by default, then I can't recommend anything outside of TSP's tune. Although I prefer driving without rev hang, when I'm in low speeds and low RPM's, I drive exclusively with rev hang. It keeps from the car juddering all over the place when I take my foot off the accelerator. So basically, whenever I'm in a parking lot, residential neighborhood, or traffic... rev hang comes as an appreciative option to utilize.

OP
OP
Crakzor

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a tune that isn't TSP, does hitting the cruise control button still toggle the rev hang on and off?

If that doesn't happen by default, then I can't recommend anything outside of TSP's tune. Although I prefer driving without rev hang, when I'm in low speeds and low RPM's, I drive exclusively with rev hang. It keeps from the car juddering all over the place when I take my foot off the accelerator. So basically, whenever I'm in a parking lot, residential neighborhood, or traffic... rev hang comes as an appreciative option to utilize.
im unsure of that option but when i was on ktune i deleted rev hang through parameters b4 flash

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
im unsure of that option but when i was on ktune i deleted rev hang through parameters b4 flash
Yes, but what I mean is after you’re tuned, pressing the CC button will bring rev hang back. This is with TSP’s tune.

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
New 2020 Si owner here.. can I get KTuner and still be safe on the stock clutch? It's a lease so I can't upgrade it. Was thinking of no rev hang and maybe a bit more boost? What I really miss is the low end torque my Accord 2.0T had. Thanks.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Not only is 1st->2nd rev hang bad in this car, it also takes some time to shut the engine off. When I first got this car, I almost made the car jump forward and cause damage when after I parked and while still in-gear and clutch down, I press the Start/Stop button, then waited a second or two and release the clutch. That's my normal shutdown routine. The stereo was blasting at the time so I wasn't aware of what the engine was doing and the car bucked and died fortunately because I pulled the e-brake first. This car seems to take much longer to shutdown than other cars I've driven.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the rev hang and if a tune will really remove the rev hang?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Not only is 1st->2nd rev hang bad in this car, it also takes some time to shut the engine off. When I first got this car, I almost made the car jump forward and cause damage when after I parked and while still in-gear and clutch down, I press the Start/Stop button, then waited a second or two and release the clutch. That's my normal shutdown routine. The stereo was blasting at the time so I wasn't aware of what the engine was doing and the car bucked and died fortunately because I pulled the e-brake first. This car seems to take much longer to shutdown than other cars I've driven.

I wonder if this is somehow related to the rev hang and if a tune will really remove the rev hang?
This has nothing to do w/ rev hang, just the heavy flywheel. We've probably all had this happen to us.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
New 2020 Si owner here.. can I get KTuner and still be safe on the stock clutch? It's a lease so I can't upgrade it. Was thinking of no rev hang and maybe a bit more boost? What I really miss is the low end torque my Accord 2.0T had. Thanks.
Yes, no, maybe. If you stick w/ one of the lower boost maps and don't go WOT until 3500 RPM, you likely won't have any slippage. It really seems like a crapshoot though with these clutches. I'm pretty careful about not going WOT at low RPMs, but when it's cold out, I still get a bit of slip. With warmer weather, I'll be curious to see if I notice any slip once I go back to the 21 psi map. Even if you don't raise the boost much, removing the artificial boost ramp controls in the stock map will make a world of difference.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
If you keep your boost below the factory limit of 20.3, like the Ktuner 19.5 map, you shouldn't have any problem with slippage. A tune will make your car feel much more "peppy", but it won't improve the "launch" much because of the physics of low displacement.

And speaking of low displacement, our 1.5s don't have the cubic centimeters to instantly stop that seriously heavy dual mass flywheel. Yes, you have to wait for it to stop spinning. I think that the term "dual mass" is just as descriptive of its oversize, as it is its design.

Stany26

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2010 and a Ford
Country flag
If you keep your boost below the factory limit of 20.3, like the Ktuner 19.5 map, you shouldn't have any problem with slippage. A tune will make your car feel much more "peppy", but it won't improve the "launch" much because of the physics of low displacement.
well... thanks... to be honest i really thought that it would greatly improve the launch as if given healthy recipes. never thought of it. thanks a lot as i wanted to do it only thanks to launch, now i see there's no point. thanks

Last edited:

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Yeah, I really wanted the launch to improve too. It did, but not anywhere near what I expected.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Yeah, I really wanted the launch to improve too. It did, but not anywhere near what I expected.
Is it still hard to get a smooth 1->2 shift with the tune?

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Still hard to slam? Yes. Easy shift is much more normal.
Sponsored