2020 civic si - is tune the only way to delete rev hang?

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Is it still hard to get a smooth 1->2 shift with the tune?
Yes, it’s easier to get a smooth shift. You have to adjust your timing if you are used to driving with rev hang.
Sponsored

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
Not saying rev hang doesn’t exist, but part of it is the driver too.

I’ve had my car for just over 3 months too and this is my first manual car in over 6 years. I’m still not 100% with my 1-2 shifts and downshifting. But I’m a hell of a lot better than I was 2 months ago. The rev hang doesn’t even phase me anymore and I’ve yet to do any tuning.

A KTuner and lighter flywheel aren’t going to fix your problem in the long haul. Practice and timing are what’s going to fix it.

There’s many threads on this forum that point to the same conclusion as well.

I think i am in the same boat. This is my first manual transmission and while i learned on some other cars - this one i have driven the most. And yeah - i am still working on my shifting - 1-2 always seems to have some jerk and i am finally working on getting to the point of being able to downshift. Still not smooth with that at all. But honestly i think the rev hang has been helping me as it gives me a little more time to shift gears because i still have to "think" about what i am doing.

Perhaps after a year i will hate it. At this point, i have hardly driven the car due to COVID stay at home/work at home. But i can also say when i do go out on the road, i am thankful for the limited drivers out there. Lets me learn with way less pressure.