JCramin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan- Daughter 2012 Civic Coupe - Son 1999 Civic Coupe
Country flag
YES. I have a 2019Si Sedan. K&N Intake. KTuner with TSP Stage 1. On the top tune I will overpower my clutch on the highway in 4th 5th and 6th gear pulls only when the clutch it hot.

After I did some readying it seems that is conman issue that that factory clutch will not hold if you have enough mods and power on 4 5 6 gear pulls once the clutch gets hot.
Sponsored

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
YES. I have a 2019Si Sedan. K&N Intake. KTuner with TSP Stage 1. On the top tune I will overpower my clutch on the highway in 4th 5th and 6th gear pulls only when the clutch it hot.

After I did some readying it seems that is conman issue that that factory clutch will not hold if you have enough mods and power on 4 5 6 gear pulls once the clutch gets hot.
6th gear pulls? Ever heard of lugging the engine? 6th gear is for cruising not going WOT, I never went past 2psi in 6th.

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I’m sure there are a lot of variables that go into this, but mine didn’t start slipping until I got the FFK in there. After about 2 weeks I started slipping. I just upgraded to ACT street clutch, but still getting that broken in.
Not sure if this will make any real difference, but you might want to jump higher in the RPM band before you WOT. I enjoy my 2-3-4 pulls or the occasional 3-4-5 pulls, but I never got WOT before 4K RPM. Some instances I’ll wait to 4500 to WOT. Just a thought though.

JCramin

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan- Daughter 2012 Civic Coupe - Son 1999 Civic Coupe
Country flag
6th gear pulls? Ever heard of lugging the engine? 6th gear is for cruising not going WOT, I never went past 2psi in 6th.
With my intake and tune the engine never is lugging in 6th. I don't even need to downshift out of 6th to pass. I cruise in 6th gear around 3000rpm.

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
With my intake and tune the engine never is lugging in 6th. I don't even need to downshift out of 6th to pass. I cruise in 6th gear around 3000rpm.

You should never go full boost in fifth or sixth. Shh~~ ( between me and you here mind you I go into boost a little, 15psi in fifth sometimes ) You can go up to 105 to 110 MPH in fourth, use it then back off a decent amount in fifth and sixth in regards to boost ( throttle position back off some ).

You're lugging the motor internals after that period. You're pushing those gears more then they can handle and then the motor despite picking up speed still mind you, is fighting to get those slower geared gears to keep picking up that speed and or boost that you're pushing.
Sponsored