Si Is Life

First Name
Bush1do
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2020
Country flag
So has anyone have a clutch slip so early? Im running phearable tune 1.5 PRL cobra CAI and Megan Catless downpipe after i installed my downpipe i tried to pull and to my surprise 4th gear was slipping already i only go WOT about 3600 rpm and im only on MAP 1 looks like 2020 SI clutch are more fragile than 2019 and below yrs
Sponsored

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
That’s too bad. I’m FBO with Phearable stage 1 with no clutch slip. Car has 100,000km on it and has been tuned since 10,000 or so. I do have a 2018, not sure if they have a different clutch in the 20s.

OP
OP
Si Is Life

Si Is Life

First Name
Bush1do
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2020
Country flag
Too bad when i felt the clutch slip i tried replicating it while watching my rpm then bam i saw it jumping 4k to 6k with no pull just engine screaming lol and there is no way a downpipe will add that much torque to slip a clutch just by after installing it

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Are you sure it was clutch slip? Was it advanced VSA kicking in

OP
OP
Si Is Life

Si Is Life

First Name
Bush1do
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2020
Country flag
Ill post a video u can hear the rpm is not consistent my VSA was set at factory only

Attachments

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Share a video with your tachometer

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
clutch probably wasn’t really broken in well from the start

OP
OP
Si Is Life

Si Is Life

First Name
Bush1do
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2020
Country flag
I babied the clutch till 1000 miles so i think thats good i never ride the clutch or burned it so idk it immediately slip when i installed the downpipe without it i can hit 25psi with no problem

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
The clutch is still the same as previous years. Unfortunately some people just get unlucky w/ clutch slip, like myself, since the clutch is right on the edge of being able to handle the torque from a basic tune.

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
My 2020 Si does not have any clutch slip. I've been tuned for around 5000 miles on Ktuner's base maps (23psi sport mode) and TSP Stage 1 Map 3. The mods that I've ran are a catted DP, frontpipe back exhaust, and an air intake. Almost no freeway miles also, but also not very many stop lights on my normal commutes. I have literally never floored it in 1st gear/hard launched the car, and rarely give it meaningful amounts of boost in 2nd gear. I generally wait for 3rd to put the power down. (I'm not implying that the OP hard launches the car, just describing my driving style on the street.)
I also did a track night at Ridge Motorsports Park but reverted back to the stock tune for it.

OP
OP
Si Is Life

Si Is Life

First Name
Bush1do
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2020
Country flag
Yeah thats why i thought i never launch hard too because i know it will fcked the clutch and i have an update i limited my boost at 18psi at 4th and its not slipping now i guess the downpipe gave enough gain on torque to slip the clutch at 4th gear on 22psi

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I babied the clutch till 1000 miles so i think thats good i never ride the clutch or burned it so idk it immediately slip when i installed the downpipe without it i can hit 25psi with no problem
Yeah I’m saying you never really got any good wear on it before tuned and it probably didn’t bed well.

reesee175

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic sport
Country flag
Too bad when i felt the clutch slip i tried replicating it while watching my rpm then bam i saw it jumping 4k to 6k with no pull just engine screaming lol and there is no way a downpipe will add that much torque to slip a clutch just by after installing it
Yes, the downpipe does add the much torque. I refused to get a downpipe because of that reason and needed a custom tune from the problems people are having. I have fbo's minus the downpipe and seem fine. I however do have the type r retro coming as well.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
If it makes you feel better, on my 2018 Si when it was brand new with a few hundred miles on it, I was still breaking it in and in 4th gear at about 12psi I had some clutch slip, completely stock. I was super paranoid in the beginning, and babied it for a while. I do think it’s possible to re-bed in the surface of the clutch as long as you don’t keep repeating the slip. I am now at 56,000 miles with TSP stage 1 and the clutch is ok. That being said I don’t go in map 3 ever, only 2.

There were users on here who with a downpipe on stock tune had slip. It does add significant torque down low.
Sponsored