2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring w 6mt

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
This is great news for people that love manual transmission (ME!!!). The 2020 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring will have the optional 6mt aside from the CVT.

Previously, everyone who loves the hatchback design and wants a manual tramsmission are giving up all the options that's offered on the sport touring trim...because only the sport trim has the 6mt w that sick dual center exhaust. But now, it's no longer a Canada thing anymore with 6mt on the sport touring! I wonder how many people will trade in for it? If only...they have Civic Hatchback Si, and I know they won't so they can keep the Type R sale up!
Where did you find this information?
Sponsored

Deleted member 3699

Wow, this is exactly what I wanted (but couldn’t get) before placing a deposit for the CTR. Is there an official link to this news? Thanks.
Ugh, don’t you hate when you to move on to a CTR

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There’s zero evidence that this will be happening in the US. We’re still waiting for the OP to backup the claim.

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
If you desire the 6MT hatch you either go with the Sport or Sport Touring. For an extra $5.5K, you do get quite a bit extra:

-Apple CarPlay™* Integration
-Android Auto™* Integration
-Heated Front Seats
-One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
-Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines*
-Smart Entry
-Push Button Start
-Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
-Honda LaneWatch™*
-USB Audio Interface* (front and center console)
-7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen
-HondaLink®
-SiriusXM®* Radio
-HD Radio™*
-Leather seating surfaces
-8-way power driver / 4-way power passenger seat
-542-watt / 12 speaker entertainment system (vs 8 speakers / 160W)
-Navigation system
-Enhanced Voice Command
-LED Headlights and Front Flashers (+repeaters on the back of rearview mirrors) vs Halogen / Incandescent
-Rain-sensing wipers
-Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror
-Heated rear outboard seats
-Compass and turn-by-turn Navi directions

There are some that would find value in having all of this included (without having to build). My wife would be one of them. :cool: Then again, there are some things that could obviously be done better through aftermarket, like the headlights/audio.

Personally, I like that we can now get a 6MT hatch with a moonroof and power seats.
That's promising!

Lots of goodies I would like to have! But two reasons I still wouldn't buy one: the sport exhaust takes 3 - 4" out of the rear storage area, and I don't want a moon roof. :)

OP
OP

Zumoney

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica, Honda civic
Country flag
You can easily just get your interior changed over to leather at an authorized installer of katzskins and change out the infotainment system to something way better than factory.

Keep the extra money and do a few other things as you please.

If you are spending that close to a type r cost for a touring... id just spend the little extra and get the typr r.

Sell the type r rims/tires that aren’t practical for most people and change out to something youd like.

Sport touring 6mt in my opinion is a waste.
You can probably get the price down to $25k - $26k for the touring and CTR is being sold for $5k -$20k over MSRP ($41k to $56k), that's not "little extra" compare to the $26k.

Holtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
You know that stating dealer markup and sheer laziness to find a type r at msrp (paying 5-20k) does not justify your point that a type r is out of reach for someone spending 29k compared to OTD type r price of 39k.

Give or take - we talking 10k difference. However a used type r can be found for sub 35k if the 10k was really an issue.

I was 22,300 OTD — vs. a touring sport.

22.3k is very far from 39k

However 29k to 35k/39k is not that bad. Ultimately I am either or... not supporting the middle price point in my opinion - especially if i could swing a lightly used type r for less than MSRP (with looking hard of course) but not impossible.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The Touring 6MT is $7,750 cheaper than the CTR at MSRP. All three 6MT hatch options fill a very specific niche (and do so very well).

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
You know that stating dealer markup and sheer laziness to find a type r at msrp (paying 5-20k) does not justify your point that a type r is out of reach for someone spending 29k compared to OTD type r price of 39k.

Give or take - we talking 10k difference. However a used type r can be found for sub 35k if the 10k was really an issue.

I was 22,300 OTD — vs. a touring sport.

22.3k is very far from 39k

However 29k to 35k/39k is not that bad. Ultimately I am either or... not supporting the middle price point in my opinion - especially if i could swing a lightly used type r for less than MSRP (with looking hard of course) but not impossible.
Depreciation is going to eat up any gap between a loaded regular civic, which will have the highest depreciation of all Civics, and a Type R.

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag
Now think of things you can buy with $5500. :)

The moonroof kills it for me, my head touches the ceiling if there's a moonroof.
Same here. hate my head hitting sunroof. But did you know you can raise and lower the seat?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Same here. hate my head hitting sunroof. But did you know you can raise and lower the seat?
I don't like the seating position all the way down, in my Sport it's off the floor, not all the way down, which I can do without the moonroof.

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
This is great news for those of us that lease our cars. I'd pay an extra $25-$30 a month to lease a Sport Touring with manual. It might even be a wash with the monthly when you factor in the residual value being more on the touring model.

zerointerrupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe
Country flag
I can confirm that the sport touring will have a manual. Stopped by the dealer today to look at an SI and asked him about this. He said he was unsure, but took my info and said he would call if he heard anything. Got a call 20 minutes later saying they would be taking orders for these starting August 1. I will keep you guys posted, when I go back to order.

GaFooB

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster N PP
Country flag
I can confirm that the sport touring will have a manual. Stopped by the dealer today to look at an SI and asked him about this. He said he was unsure, but took my info and said he would call if he heard anything. Got a call 20 minutes later saying they would be taking orders for these starting August 1. I will keep you guys posted, when I go back to order.
I can confirm this, I too went to the dealership and asked about this last week, their sales manager informed me they are taking orders currently and these come in the colors Sonic Gray, Black, Polished M. and White (From what i've been told) I am sure these will come in all the typical colors, but I just wanted to back up your claim.
Sponsored